Pirate Personalities

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
553
Hmmm......I'm a post my unannounced Musketeer character's personality. I'm currently looking for a role play I can throw him into.

Silver Talon Hawkins. Talon is 100% happy-go-lucky, very cheerful, although he's been through some very painful experiences. He manages to constantly stay upbeat, to the point where it annoys people. He's also pretty relaxed, but if you annoy him even the slightest, he'll go all agro on whoever annoyed him. He likes to carry a sword and pistol, and Talon is currently undefeated against other people. Talon randomly spouts a bunch of his catchphrases, and sometimes.....Just crazy references. Some of his strange catchphrases include, "Don't take rope from strangers, it's not a trap." Or, "I found cookies weaved in the woodwork! That means people have been planking here!" Or, "Luck comes in different sorts of tacos, but since tacos haven't been created yet, I think I'm gonna fall of a bridge. I think that's what luck is." All I can say about Talon, is that he is DOWNRIGHT INSANE.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
184
Hey guys Silver Fiona here i'm not sure if i wrote about Black Lily the witchdoctor or not so i'm either doing it again or for the first time. Here goes nothing!

Black Lily is a quiet witchdoctor who is always hiding in her ship or dorm coming up with new songs to creep out her enemies or new spells to haunt them. She has a massive hatred of the Armada and is Silver Fiona's polar opposite. She has a Batacuda which she tamed and thinks of it as a pet, and has taught it to not eat her or her crew, fight in battle, do tricks and fetch the mail. She is quite bad-tempered and gets annoyed easily. Just a warning, STAY ON HER GOOD SIDE! You don't want to find out what she can do when she gets mad...... So yeah. Also, don't hit her batacuda or pet it. She will get mad at you, then it will get mad at you. You also don't want to annoy her batacuda. It can get ugly. Well anyways, she is the polar opposite of Silver Fiona, the happy go-lucky
swashbuckler. (Sorry if that was a little dark, i'm just super sleepy today and can't think straight.)

Ciao for now,
Silver Fiona.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
This is the story of my character Fearless Rowan Bristol (the buccaneer)

When Rowan was 9 her parents mysteriously disappeared while searching for shelter on an uncharted island. Rowan and her sister Alura went to investigate the area when they laid eyes on Kane and the armada for the first time. It wasn't long before he ordered the surrounding armada troops to attack the young sisters but unfortunately for him, it wasn't easy. Rowan was separated from Alura in the fight which fueled her to keep going, eventually she took down 3 dragoons and a marine. After the marine fell the troops suddenly stepped back revealing Kane; he walked up to Rowan saying how useful she might be to the armada. Rowan looked around but she saw no one else who could take care of her, so she agreed. Ever since then she was called Pawn and has been an agent of the armada, what she thought was her new family. That is, until she was sent to Aquila 2 years later where she met Alura again; the two didn't recognize each other until they unintentionally used their telepathy. It took only a second for Rowan to realize it was a sister she was standing in front of, although she was still suspicious of how Alura was able to read her thoughts and she could hear Alura's thoughts if she tried, they just went with it. The reunited sisters took a stroll around Sparta where Rowan admitted her position inside of the armada and her secret studies as a pyromancer, which was forbidden in their family to practice magic, but thankfully Alura understood her sister's need for a family and welcomed back her sister anyway. As Alura was talking about her whereabouts, how she had been practicing storm magic, and how the armada killed their parents in the first place, Rowan nearly stepped on a fleeing young manticore cub. They followed it into a small crack in a wall and gave it a home in Alura's Rakes Lagoon; Alura also let Rowan stay at her house. Rowan has been with Alura and the manticore cub, who they recently named Blaze, for a whole year; the trio vanquished enemies from around the spiral before officially joining Captain Avery on Skull Island.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
Kai Alcott on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
Quick to strike, stubborn, and impatient, Kai Alcott isn't quite as bad to have in a battle as he appears. What he lacks in pretty much everything else, he makes up for with great plans and execution of those plans. In a tough raid, this is your strategist.
Nope I changed my mind. Forget my last post, that is basically calling myself a genius. I consider myself the opposite of that.
Kai Alcott is a boy from Mooshu, born before even Boochbeard became a pirate.
During a civil war of the Mooshu peasants, he was caught by an ice wizard and a life wizard who had been hired to exterminate the boy (At that time a Death Wizard trained by traveling masters of the school, fighting for the peasants)
They froze him in his own house, calling both an ice giant and a few sprites to keep him both frozen and alive. He lived through the beginning and end of many wars before his ice-house melted, and he strangely found that his small piece of land had drifted through the Skull Island stormgate. He built a small ship after meeting a small, stranded Monquisitor and recruiting a skeletal witchdoctor. He found his way to Avery's court, adopting the ways of a pirate to become his life, but was soon shipwrecked on a haunted island. He was possessed by a ghost, but un-possessed by a group of people stuck on the island.
He is a tall boy, with dark red hair and blue eyes. He keeps his hair long, and usually wears something loose-fitting with many pockets (How else to hide a deck of cards and a wand, both now over 100 years old?)
He is a trouble-maker, who misses his old home in Mooshu (He is considered a heretic in the most influential church, since he brought back the first Samoorai, who rests on hallowed grounds, to fight for the peasants.)
He is stubborn, quick to anger, and VERY protective of what he thinks as his, and what he likes, and his crew.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
Okay! I've been working on a new character, who is very different from my current one. Let's see how this goes...
Humble Lilly Collins is a Swashbuckler of Skull Island. Originally from Valencia, she has adpoted the way of the blade under the guidance of Morgan LaFitte. Her skills with a rapier and katana are almost unmatched in the Spiral, as she is a formidable opponent. Not much is known about this pirate's past, nor her herritage. Some say she was secretly trained by the fencing masters in Valencia, others say she's from another land. No one knows if these are true, not even Lily, who gave herself her own name when she arrived at Skull Island. Her personality is very colorful and all over the place. She's goofy when she's happy and around friends, but solemn in a fight. She throws around empty threats when frustrated, and acts upon them when she's infuriated for a good reason. Despite this, she has keen reflexes and very good hearing, along with an average intelligence. She has good and bad reputations throughout the Spiral, for some worlds were first impressions better than the last. With much yet to learn, Lily is eager to see new parts of the Spiral and eventually find El Dorado.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
This is the story of my character Fearless Rowan Bristol (the buccaneer)

When Rowan was 9 her parents mysteriously disappeared while searching for shelter on an uncharted island. Rowan and her sister Alura went to investigate the area when they laid eyes on Kane and the armada for the first time. It wasn't long before he ordered the surrounding armada troops to attack the young sisters but unfortunately for him, it wasn't easy. Rowan was separated from Alura in the fight which fueled her to keep going, eventually she took down 3 dragoons and a marine. After the marine fell the troops suddenly stepped back revealing Kane; he walked up to Rowan saying how useful she might be to the armada. Rowan looked around but she saw no one else who could take care of her, so she agreed. Ever since then she was called Pawn and has been an agent of the armada, what she thought was her new family. That is, until she was sent to Aquila 2 years later where she met Alura again; the two didn't recognize each other until they unintentionally used their telepathy. It took only a second for Rowan to realize it was a sister she was standing in front of, although she was still suspicious of how Alura was able to read her thoughts and she could hear Alura's thoughts if she tried, they just went with it. The reunited sisters took a stroll around Sparta where Rowan admitted her position inside of the armada and her secret studies as a pyromancer, which was forbidden in their family to practice magic, but thankfully Alura understood her sister's need for a family and welcomed back her sister anyway. As Alura was talking about her whereabouts, how she had been practicing storm magic, and how the armada killed their parents in the first place, Rowan nearly stepped on a fleeing young manticore cub. They followed it into a small crack in a wall and gave it a home in Alura's Rakes Lagoon; Alura also let Rowan stay at her house. Rowan has been with Alura and the manticore cub, who they recently named Blaze, for a whole year; the trio vanquished enemies from around the spiral before officially joining Captain Avery on Skull Island.
Wow, Alura this is fantasitic!!! And I am not just saying that because you are new, I really love it!! Compared to mine...

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
20
bloody wolf also known as death player is a hero to most and a demon to others. he kills all who stands in his way but keeps his identity a secret with a ego which is reckless and carefree but when its time for battle he is swifter than lightning and stronger than a god. he is known for his heroics but also is known for his high criminal record and is always on the run. what do you think friend or foe?

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
pirate101 lover on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
Hmm....what should I put? x light bulb appears over my head x I will be using my main character.
Smiling Natalie,a lvl 51 is kind,competitive,passionate,(like fire wizards,like me)creative,thoughtful, respectful,curious,quiet,and happy most of the time.Deadly with a blade,so always has a few tricks up her sleeve during combat.She is a bit like Bishop,( or was it rooke?whichever one likes what i am about to describe.) always touching and tinkering with things she shouldn't be around in the first place.Natalie's curiosity has gotten her in to trouble so many times that she completely lost count.(in real life too)When not saving the skyways,finding the map to el dorado training with Morgan,Natalie can be found reading,trying to event something,and making new friends.she loves ideas how to make her bunkhouse perfect.
Natalie is not like most pirates. When she sinks a ship,she doesn't go around saying," yea I sunk a ship!!!!" She usually get a few planks and ship parts, and she is working on a new ship.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
pirate101 lover on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Wow, Alura this is fantasitic!!! And I am not just saying that because you are new, I really love it!! Compared to mine...
Thanks for the compliment but I must say, I loved your post too! Unlike the version Rowan, Natalie is a real character of yours and a very interesting one at that!

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
pirate101 lover on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Natalie is not like most pirates. When she sinks a ship,she doesn't go around saying," yea I sunk a ship!!!!" She usually get a few planks and ship parts, and she is working on a new ship.
That's awesome pirate101 lover! Natalie sounds like a extremely cool pirate!

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
48
Born midway through a Stormgate and raised in Marleybone for the majority of his life, (Fearless) Seamus Donnelly is quick, intelligent, and has a classic redcoat deadpan sense of humor. After the Sky Squid attack that killed his parents, he was sent to live with wealthy distant ambassador relatives in Albion. Some of his favorite childhood memories included visiting the Isle of Fetch on holiday with his adopted family. Sadly all of this came crashing to a halt when he challenged a dog who said the Albions were "uncivilized brutes" to a duel during a visit from a Valencian Convoy. This put him on a ship right to prison, until Boochbeard and Gandry sprung him...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
euphorialbum99 on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
Born midway through a Stormgate and raised in Marleybone for the majority of his life, (Fearless) Seamus Donnelly is quick, intelligent, and has a classic redcoat deadpan sense of humor. After the Sky Squid attack that killed his parents, he was sent to live with wealthy distant ambassador relatives in Albion. Some of his favorite childhood memories included visiting the Isle of Fetch on holiday with his adopted family. Sadly all of this came crashing to a halt when he challenged a dog who said the Albions were "uncivilized brutes" to a duel during a visit from a Valencian Convoy. This put him on a ship right to prison, until Boochbeard and Gandry sprung him...
Very nice. Delightful details.
Welcome to the message boards family Seamus. We are a fun group that loves to laugh and bless and be as helpful as possible while never losing our creative side. Looks like you are gonna fit right in.

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
84
My current Pirate, Patrick Sheffield, is a brave, bold, and angry lad. He is easily angered, with very, very un-positive attitude. He's a
= Privateer if you didn't know. -Just to tell you if you didn't .

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
The Undead Obeah on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Impish Omar Underwood

Omar is a fun ,clever witchdoctor from Krokotopia. originally he was a student of Alhazred until he left his studies to search for his shipwrecked parents. Omar has traveled through many worlds and seen things like Wolfminster Abby in Marleybone, the snow caped mountains of Grizlheim, and the workshops of Florenzia in Valencia. He continued traveling and learning magic of various styles until a privateer crashed into him while running away from the Armada. Together they eluded them and soon brecame fast friends. they tried to escape Valencia and almost did until the Armada sent by Bishop caught us unawares and arrested us. We later escaped thanks to Boochbeard and Gandry and soon set off with a goat monk named Kan Po.

Omar's fighting technique is to let his foes come to him while he summons the dead and boosts his allies' power as much as he can. He is also very conserative with his bowers, waiting for the time when they would become the most effective. he is a natural prankster and can use his magic to play tricks, but takes battles and his magical studies very seriously. his main objectives is to make Bishop pay for what he did to him and scavenge as much as he can about Darkmoor, the mysterious land where his family comes from
I mean to give some revisions:

Impish Omar Underwood is a clever Spirit Caller with a twisted and mischievous look in his eyes. At first when you meet him, you find a calm, shady, person with an ages old politeness and a hint of mystery. When you get deeper down, you find a fascinating and Intriguing personality.
Omar comes from a family who originates from mysterious and strange Darkmoor. They left when he was very young for reasons no one knows. He lost them in a sandstorm and was taken in by Alhazred and Kai Amate the Great. They taught him how to use the ancient arts of magic which made him a potent Sorcerer,Necromancer, and Diviner all in one. Kai Amate brought him up in the Grand Arenas where he climbed up the ranks to becime one of the greatest champions of the prestigious Djerit Family. In fact, when Alhazred formed the Order of the Fang, Omar became a member when realizing the Krok's creulty against Manders. He lived quite well studying magic, fighting in the arenas, and freeing the oppresed Manders.
Ah but this was not to last.

(the rest is pretty much true save for the fact that he met more than just the privateer. Don't worry, they will come to light eventually.)

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
I will be using my for this one.
Honest Hannah, a level 16 is... well..... honest all the time. One of the few. H.H. ( her nickname ) has quiet mode turned on all the time, it is hard for her to make friends,she doesn't really talk much. When she is around friends, she cracks jokes. She also has a life time supply of corn dog nun chucks.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
64
Fiery Blaze Collins he is a gentlemen by heart and prefer pistils instead of muskets he treats his crew fine but he has one problem even though he can be calm and collected on the outside on the inside he is paranoid as heck he is afraid that his crew and other people his parents were killed by mutiny and did want the same fate they did he didn't want to be a pirate in the first place but has no choice now that the armada is looking for him so whenever he as to sleep with his crew he has to sleep with one eye open and put his pistils underneath his pillow

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
84
They're is no such thing as a pirate being honest... You have disgraced the Pirate Code!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
ravensrule191 on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
They're is no such thing as a pirate being honest... You have disgraced the Pirate Code!!!!
Oh contraire my good pirate, we are a different breed of pirate. Ratbeard and several others have changed their ways and are very glad they did. We are pirates with heart, we are virtuous pirates, enough of the rogue is us to keep it fun but we are heros in our hearts.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
pirate101 lover on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
I will be using my for this one.
Honest Hannah, a level 16 is... well..... honest all the time. One of the few. H.H. ( her nickname ) has quiet mode turned on all the time, it is hard for her to make friends,she doesn't really talk much. When she is around friends, she cracks jokes. She also has a life time supply of corn dog nun chucks.
Man. I should SERIOUSLY lay the nun chucks off. I think I have a problem.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
That's awesome pirate101 lover! Natalie sounds like a extremely cool pirate!
Thank you! Perhaps you would like to meet in the game sometime? Add-on: Out of all of her friends, Natalie is the inventive one. Once when I was 5 or 6, I mad a 'fan' out of sticks, rubber bands, paper weights ( it is a long story how that had to be a part of it XD.) And wood. But after i made it, ( I was surprised it worked ) The air made it spin, and it made the rubber bands fling off, almost hit me in the EYE, ( I don't want an eye patch ) and the Blades, were sharp,and they hit me, and it cut me. I renamed it the spinning blades and flying rubber bands of your doom XD. While making it, I only lost a little bit of blood, and got 2 splinters! It is on my shelf right now. I never want to turn on my fan in my bedroom EVER AGAIN. To this day, I look at it and say," Ahhhhhhhhhh........ those were the days!
Smiling Natalie lvl 56

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
pirate101 lover on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Thank you! Perhaps you would like to meet in the game sometime? Add-on: Out of all of her friends, Natalie is the inventive one. Once when I was 5 or 6, I mad a 'fan' out of sticks, rubber bands, paper weights ( it is a long story how that had to be a part of it XD.) And wood. But after i made it, ( I was surprised it worked ) The air made it spin, and it made the rubber bands fling off, almost hit me in the EYE, ( I don't want an eye patch ) and the Blades, were sharp,and they hit me, and it cut me. I renamed it the spinning blades and flying rubber bands of your doom XD. While making it, I only lost a little bit of blood, and got 2 splinters! It is on my shelf right now. I never want to turn on my fan in my bedroom EVER AGAIN. To this day, I look at it and say," Ahhhhhhhhhh........ those were the days!
Smiling Natalie lvl 56
Wow. Maybe you should put that thing under glass so it won't go off and attack you one night when you are sleeping. lol. x Hands band aids and antibacterial creme. x

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
pirate101 lover on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Thank you! Perhaps you would like to meet in the game sometime? Add-on: Out of all of her friends, Natalie is the inventive one. Once when I was 5 or 6, I mad a 'fan' out of sticks, rubber bands, paper weights ( it is a long story how that had to be a part of it XD.) And wood. But after i made it, ( I was surprised it worked ) The air made it spin, and it made the rubber bands fling off, almost hit me in the EYE, ( I don't want an eye patch ) and the Blades, were sharp,and they hit me, and it cut me. I renamed it the spinning blades and flying rubber bands of your doom XD. While making it, I only lost a little bit of blood, and got 2 splinters! It is on my shelf right now. I never want to turn on my fan in my bedroom EVER AGAIN. To this day, I look at it and say," Ahhhhhhhhhh........ those were the days!
Smiling Natalie lvl 56
Sure, I'd love to meet you in the game! Just name any time and date, I'll see if I can make it. But if Natalie has a fan like the one you made... KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME I like both of my eyes ( very impressive craftsmanship by the way. Bravo! Bravo! and sorry about the splinters )

Ruthless Alura Bristol level 65

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
pirate101 lover on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
I will be using my for this one.
Honest Hannah, a level 16 is... well..... honest all the time. One of the few. H.H. ( her nickname ) has quiet mode turned on all the time, it is hard for her to make friends,she doesn't really talk much. When she is around friends, she cracks jokes. She also has a life time supply of corn dog nun chucks.
I like a pirate who is honest -- so am I (though I have been known to give misinformation to my enemies in dangerous situations, but only to save my life and the lives of others). I think honest and fair dealings are very important. After all, if you are known as honest, then you will be trusted. Allies will come to you, knowing you will honor your word. Enemies will yield, and give you important information, because they know you will spare them. Thus honesty can be very important to a pirate!

But corn dog nunchucks? That is pretty unusual!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
I like a pirate who is honest -- so am I (though I have been known to give misinformation to my enemies in dangerous situations, but only to save my life and the lives of others). I think honest and fair dealings are very important. After all, if you are known as honest, then you will be trusted. Allies will come to you, knowing you will honor your word. Enemies will yield, and give you important information, because they know you will spare them. Thus honesty can be very important to a pirate!

But corn dog nunchucks? That is pretty unusual!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Indeed they are, lol Invented by our very own One-Eyed Jack.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
How about on this Thursday, on vadmida, next to the transportalor in Skull Island, 6:00 pacific time.