For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

If you could be a companion, who would it be?

1
AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Ahoy and hello fellow posters, pirates, plunderers and marauders! How be ye?

Ever since I started playing Pirate101, I always wished that I could be as cool and deadly as some of my pirates' companions. I thought it would be quite fun to act out the 'life' of some of my favorite crew members in the game-- hacking & slashing, dicing & slicing, conjuring & casting, bombing & blasting and buffing & boosting. Some of our companions have the most amazing personalities, awesome powers at their disposal, cool and/or crazy critical attacks and are often, so hilarious too! Sometimes I even see a little bit of my own personality in some of those crazy guys and gals, and other times I'd just like to spend a day in the boots of a crew member that is absolutely nothing like me......just for a little adventure and maybe some mayhem.

So, I ask you this piratin' friends.....

If you could be any companion, who would it be? And why?

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
734
Good question me friend but hard too, if I had to pick it be Fan Flanders, and aye I know she be a frog lass but she be the most skilled and deadliest frog I know, makes perfect sense does it not mate.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy and hello fellow posters, pirates, plunderers and marauders! How be ye?

Ever since I started playing Pirate101, I always wished that I could be as cool and deadly as some of my pirates' companions. I thought it would be quite fun to act out the 'life' of some of my favorite crew members in the game-- hacking & slashing, dicing & slicing, conjuring & casting, bombing & blasting and buffing & boosting. Some of our companions have the most amazing personalities, awesome powers at their disposal, cool and/or crazy critical attacks and are often, so hilarious too! Sometimes I even see a little bit of my own personality in some of those crazy guys and gals, and other times I'd just like to spend a day in the boots of a crew member that is absolutely nothing like me......just for a little adventure and maybe some mayhem.

So, I ask you this piratin' friends.....

If you could be any companion, who would it be? And why?
Aye, great idea mate! I'd love to be Mormo! His sense of humor is fabulous even if his accuracy isn't. The humor out ways the accuracy in my opinion.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
619
Hmmmmmm.......this is indeed an interesting question. For me, if I had to be a companion, I'd pick Baar! He's strong, carries lots of animals to help him, and has a HUGE axe!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy and hello fellow posters, pirates, plunderers and marauders! How be ye?

Ever since I started playing Pirate101, I always wished that I could be as cool and deadly as some of my pirates' companions. I thought it would be quite fun to act out the 'life' of some of my favorite crew members in the game-- hacking & slashing, dicing & slicing, conjuring & casting, bombing & blasting and buffing & boosting. Some of our companions have the most amazing personalities, awesome powers at their disposal, cool and/or crazy critical attacks and are often, so hilarious too! Sometimes I even see a little bit of my own personality in some of those crazy guys and gals, and other times I'd just like to spend a day in the boots of a crew member that is absolutely nothing like me......just for a little adventure and maybe some mayhem.

So, I ask you this piratin' friends.....

If you could be any companion, who would it be? And why?
The companion that I relate to most is Sarah Steel - she's tall, lithe and limber, agile, and cute! Plus I adore her accent! She has a few mistakes in her past, and a rejected boyfriend. I wonder if that Black Pearl will still play a part in further adventures?

Ensign
May 30, 2010
49
So there are multiple amazing companions, but the most interesting to be would have to be the Spirit Bisons from Cool Ranch Part 1, they just get to terrorize stuff and sound creepy, Not to mention you beat the living with a stick. Ghost Singer would definitely be my choice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Absolutely some fantastic companion choices so far, everyone! Thank you for sharing.

I agree that I may have to choose more than one, depending on what kind of piratin' mood I happen to be in and what type of mayhem I feel like causing, at the time.

But for today, I think I will go with Baar....his hair is sooooo amazing-- mine has never looked that good! And who wouldn't want to carry weasels around with them...cute but quite chaotic! Also....THAT GREAT AXE, a thing of beauty, it is!!! The shield is quite impressive, as well..and the armor too. And he is quite a furry fury in battle. Also, I have a huge interest in Nordic, Viking & Danish (the people and the food) history and culture-- so bring on Grizzleheim!

So yeah, for today my choice would have to be the big, burly bear named Baar.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
243
Honestly I'd love to be any of the Presidio companions, except for maybe Milo.

Dead Mike, because I want to know what it's like to be him and to try to be able to comfort him through the dark and seemingly bleak journey he has to go through, when he is literally falling apart. He's so cynical and pessimistic about everything and I really just feel like giving him a hug to cheer the lad up..

I would also want to be Gaspar since he's so small and adorable. I would want to know what it would feel like to be severely underestimated in battle because of my small, pudgy size until I grab my Pole-axe, swing into the air, and club someone over the head with it. I'd also have an adorable accent and a pretty awesome mustache.

I would want to be Jack because he always sounds so jovial and happy about everything and he's, not surprisingly, adorable. He is a terrier, after all. He also dresses nicely and he seems to be the most compassionate of the Presidio companions to the Captain.

I would also want to be Birgus because his name literally means Coconut Crab, he's strong, and he's got some funny lines and an awesome voice. Plus, his Mega Hit is so awesome. He holds out his pincer to the enemy and he snaps it a few times before he twirls his entire body around just to slash his sword at them! Plus when he becomes Crab Soldier, his newest attack animation has him jump into the air and slam into the enemy.

The only reason I wouldn't be Milo is because wharf rats smell.

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Dog-Person

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
7
Monkey King! He was my favorite companion from the moment I first got him, because he is so much like how I am. Like him, I am sarcastic, negative, funny, and all around lovable. I am not entirely sure about the last part, bu eh... King Monkey is my favorite.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
I would probably be Hoodoo Cornelius (what a surprise! you never could have guessed that from my username!). I mean really, why wouldn't I want to be a french mystic monkey that hits people with a stick?

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
294
There's only one possible answer to this, I want to be Valkoor! To be funny, wise, universally loved... wait a minute, he's not a real Companion, he's a Marauder. My bad, I'll start again.

I would like to be One-Eyed Jack in the Black Spot. To own most of Flotsam (apparently), sit back consulting the Tavern Proprietor's Big Picture Book of Favors, watch the money roll in (and out), and look out for the occasional dissatisfied customer. Wait another minute, he's just an NPC. I'll start again (again).

I am probably most like Ensign Emmett. The power behind the throne. Competent - though less impressive than the egos floating around most of the rest of the crew. Able to take charge when the situation calls for it, but willing to let others take the credit (and risks). Wait one more minute, it's which Companion would I like to be... hmmm. I'll start again (again - again).

El Toro! Swashbuckling hero, with the skill set to back it up. Swinging from chandeliers to smite the... smiteworthy. There are days I would just like to see some people get their just desserts, and El Toro is just the hero to do it. It doesn't hurt that Don Rodrigo is wealthy, I mean a humble landowner.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Sam Underhill on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
There's only one possible answer to this, I want to be Valkoor! To be funny, wise, universally loved... wait a minute, he's not a real Companion, he's a Marauder. My bad, I'll start again.

I would like to be One-Eyed Jack in the Black Spot. To own most of Flotsam (apparently), sit back consulting the Tavern Proprietor's Big Picture Book of Favors, watch the money roll in (and out), and look out for the occasional dissatisfied customer. Wait another minute, he's just an NPC. I'll start again (again).

I am probably most like Ensign Emmett. The power behind the throne. Competent - though less impressive than the egos floating around most of the rest of the crew. Able to take charge when the situation calls for it, but willing to let others take the credit (and risks). Wait one more minute, it's which Companion would I like to be... hmmm. I'll start again (again - again).

El Toro! Swashbuckling hero, with the skill set to back it up. Swinging from chandeliers to smite the... smiteworthy. There are days I would just like to see some people get their just desserts, and El Toro is just the hero to do it. It doesn't hurt that Don Rodrigo is wealthy, I mean a humble landowner.
That's too funny Sam and might I mention-- Valkoor is not a real companion.....yet!

We're still trying to work some of the contractual kinks out, as they have not yet met my 'toasted cheese and squiggles', dinnerware demands. I will say this though- if I, or Valkoor, or my pirate that is, were to ever become a companion, well you would have to take out the 'tiny' in Mutiny....because there would be some serious mutinous goings-on, of the epic and grand variety! Forget the "walkin' the plank", it would be "full-out sprintin' the plank".....Valkoor, overboard-- with no dinghy to save the dinghy!

Great choice by the way, I mean who wouldn't want to be a whip crackin', Full-of-Bull, Bull-of-a-fool, with a smile that could guide in a lost vessel from the stormiest, darkest, deepest depths? What a blinding beacon he possesses...a smile that goes on for miles! And like you noted, all that money, er um, that humbleness wouldn't hurt either. Plus he's got quite the equally kick-tail and take names partner, to stand and graze beside him. And who doesn't dream of sounding like Puss-n-boots (well, kind of, sort of)?

Great choice and nice to see you on the boards again, Sam!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
243
I would like to add to my list: Nanu-Nanu. Not because I particularly like him (you have to understand, he doesn't have the best selection of epics), but because he's very cute and once he promotes, he looks COMPLETELY different. As just a Spearman, he looked rather.. bland. I mean, just a leaf skirt and headband? Not exactly the most exciting outfit. But AFTER his promotion, he gets awesome markings over his body that look like tattoos and an AMAZING plume around his head! He looks ready to kick some clockwork butt, and that's what I'd like. So yeah, I might wanna be Nanu Nanu. Like seriously, all of the Rapa Nui-esque Water Moles are so adorable.

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Commodore

Ensign
Sep 02, 2014
10
Eh, I'd have to say Bonnie. One agility buff and it's gg for anyone especially bucks

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
222
Well, if you know me or have read anything on my other posts you'd know who I'm going to pick: Kobe Yojimbo! I've always loved the Japanese culture and history, and his personality is just epic in my eyes. So serious and fearless, yet loyal and (literally) deadly.

Can't really say too much other than I love his Critical animations, garb, Powers, and Talents. So, I guess that means I love every little thing there is to love about him, inside and out!

BANZAI!

Captain
May 16, 2011
552
Ohohoho? To be a companion, you say? Well, I'd have to be Catbeard. He's so fancy. Also, I like pickled fish as well. It would make a perfect weapon. ^_^

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
131
i'd have to be samocles he's a really powerful eagle. he does around 400 damage and also because eagles are one of my favorite animals i mean, what could go wrong?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1364
The cat swashbuckler from the Boochbeard bundle (his name varies - if I were he the name would be "Audacious Indigo Ring").

-Indigo

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
I'd be doomhorn he has cool epic music and gets to live in that beautiful place in the mountains.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jan 21, 2012
11
Good question,

I for one would like to have the presence and skill of my trusted first mate Hawkules. Either that or my homeland brethren Kobe Yojimbo.


Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
243
One more:
My goose friend, Egg. This grand journey would be nowhere near the same without him. He is, without a doubt, one of my favorite companions, if not my ABSOLUTE favorite companion. I'm fairly certain that he's the shortest of the Starters, but he makes it work; I mean, could you imagine someone as tall as Subodai or as muscular as Kobe trying to slide down the thin shaft of a spear? To be fair, I guess he IS a monk. My favorite thing about him though is his personality. He seems to be the most out-going and likeable of all the starters IMO. Not trying to fire shots or anything, he's just.. freaking adorable. I know I've said adorable a lot in this topic but I really mean it. He's so funny, and he's a lot more playful than you'd expect a monk who looks as angry as him to be. Plus, did you know that before the Update (I'm not sure WHICH update) he used to do flips whenever he'd come to a stop? He does FLIPS.
I rest my case :P

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Commander

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
644
I'd be Barnabus because he has massive claw fingers than can scratch you to oblivion, Or, something.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
879
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy and hello fellow posters, pirates, plunderers and marauders! How be ye?

Ever since I started playing Pirate101, I always wished that I could be as cool and deadly as some of my pirates' companions. I thought it would be quite fun to act out the 'life' of some of my favorite crew members in the game-- hacking & slashing, dicing & slicing, conjuring & casting, bombing & blasting and buffing & boosting. Some of our companions have the most amazing personalities, awesome powers at their disposal, cool and/or crazy critical attacks and are often, so hilarious too! Sometimes I even see a little bit of my own personality in some of those crazy guys and gals, and other times I'd just like to spend a day in the boots of a crew member that is absolutely nothing like me......just for a little adventure and maybe some mayhem.

So, I ask you this piratin' friends.....

If you could be any companion, who would it be? And why?
Sarah Steele all the way. She's always been my favorite companion and I love her personality...it's quite a bit like mine. Besides, who wouldn't want to be a sword-wielding, fancy hat-wearing, swashbuckling mouse of awesomeness?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
434
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
That's too funny Sam and might I mention-- Valkoor is not a real companion.....yet!

We're still trying to work some of the contractual kinks out, as they have not yet met my 'toasted cheese and squiggles', dinnerware demands. I will say this though- if I, or Valkoor, or my pirate that is, were to ever become a companion, well you would have to take out the 'tiny' in Mutiny....because there would be some serious mutinous goings-on, of the epic and grand variety! Forget the "walkin' the plank", it would be "full-out sprintin' the plank".....Valkoor, overboard-- with no dinghy to save the dinghy!

Great choice by the way, I mean who wouldn't want to be a whip crackin', Full-of-Bull, Bull-of-a-fool, with a smile that could guide in a lost vessel from the stormiest, darkest, deepest depths? What a blinding beacon he possesses...a smile that goes on for miles! And like you noted, all that money, er um, that humbleness wouldn't hurt either. Plus he's got quite the equally kick-tail and take names partner, to stand and graze beside him. And who doesn't dream of sounding like Puss-n-boots (well, kind of, sort of)?

Great choice and nice to see you on the boards again, Sam!
Pretty much anyone except Nurse Quinn or the crab hermit from Valencia

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
263
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy and hello fellow posters, pirates, plunderers and marauders! How be ye?

Ever since I started playing Pirate101, I always wished that I could be as cool and deadly as some of my pirates' companions. I thought it would be quite fun to act out the 'life' of some of my favorite crew members in the game-- hacking & slashing, dicing & slicing, conjuring & casting, bombing & blasting and buffing & boosting. Some of our companions have the most amazing personalities, awesome powers at their disposal, cool and/or crazy critical attacks and are often, so hilarious too! Sometimes I even see a little bit of my own personality in some of those crazy guys and gals, and other times I'd just like to spend a day in the boots of a crew member that is absolutely nothing like me......just for a little adventure and maybe some mayhem.

So, I ask you this piratin' friends.....

If you could be any companion, who would it be? And why?
hmmm what would i be? honestly i would be ether egg shen or el toro because egg shen has that awesome spear with moves that remind me of a fast blue hedgehog and kung fu which is AWESOME

and el toro because of his awesome moves and those epic critical moves and the fact that he is funny

1