Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I must ask.. W101, or P101? ...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 16, 2010
Which is your favourite?
I absolutely adore them both, I've been playing W101 for a very long time now... and P101 since it was released. But I am curious to your preference... if there is one!

For me, P101... the game play, companions... I struggle more and strangely I prefer that. But W101 storyline and worlds steal my heart. I am truly torn... although I play P101 almost exclusively atm.

I've also struggled to meet friends on P101, which is okay as I prefer to solo but I do miss human friendship.

W101 for me, has more of a community.. but P101 excites me more.

Over to you

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
P101, the story i just way more engaging, companions, battle system, the classes are perfect! I still love W101 though.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
P101 I left W101 for reasons Kingsisle i'm not blaming you I just think that the schools are overpowered. PvP is pretty much in my opinion is kind of useless. Then people lose to a certain school then say its overpowered. Balance. My old school on W101. I like P101 because I don't have to add people for them to help me I can just be there solo with my companions, the story is really good I love Dead Mike's story its just amazing. The ships are awesome I love the game packs too. So pretty much P101.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
W101 is obviously more fully developed than P101, although P is already pulling in some of the W elements I have been longing for (stiching! woot!). The games in some ways are quite similar, but at their heart (the confrontations with enemies) they are fundamentally different: W101's combat system is basically a deck-building card game, while P101 is essentially a tabletop miniatures skirmish game. I like both types of games, and not surprisingly I like both of KI's games. But i prefer tabletop miniatures games, and I find that I prefer P101 to W101. Still play Wizard as well, though.

Ensign
Oct 19, 2012
Though I've been playing wizard101 for nearly two years now it isnt as goos as it used to be However, with the new pirate101 I am starting to fall into a stage of getting up early in the morning just to go on and level up the game is just so well made how you can fly around in a ship.

So for me its Pirate101!

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
I'd have to go with p101.
After level 70 many of your friends will ask you to look cool and such. Most will ask for help and what not, some just whisper to you like crazy.

All the girls in W101 wear Guardian things (such as the wings) and wear cool boots, thank goodness p101 isn't like that!
In Pirate101, everything is normal. I like things being normal!

If I could travel time and go all the way back when everything in Wizard101 was normal, I'd go there.
No crown shop, no people who ask for girls or boys, no people that change who YOU want to be!

Pirate101 is more than a million times better than Wizard101!

Ensign
Jul 23, 2010
Ive been playing W101 since its been out and had an awesome connection with it. When i saw P101 i got excited. I played it every day but i didnt get as good of a connection as i did with W101. I feel that the story line in W101 is much more interesting. plus the game is more full developed and the graphics are slightly better. Another thing i feel is that P101 has more restriction than W101. before i has a membership, p101 wasnt very fun. but i currently have no membership on w101 and there is much more i can do. yet i know how much im missing in w101 but it keeps me playing and playing. So, since i have a better history with w101 while i still adore p101, i have to stick with my long time friend, Wizard101! Cheers to a wonderful speech!
Joseph FrostWraith level 90 ice wizard!

Ensign
Mar 21, 2009
I love both W101 and P101. W101 brought my family closer and I'm glad it did. I've been able to create stories from both my W101 and P101 characters. But, in my opinion, I like P101 slightly better.

In P101 the story is more engaging. I find the fighting system in P101 much more fun and makes a little more sense. In W101, everyone would cast the same spells even if they are wild and have never practiced it as a student. In P101, however, everyone still has some kind of attack that makes them different. (I actually thought of a story that explains this but, I'd be going off topic. )

I feel closer to P101 because of the adventurous feel. Flying a ship in the skyway, deck fighting, creating a crew, etc. It feels amazing and it's nice to actually travel through the spiral. In W101 you use a magic door and basically teleport.

Overall, I love both games a lot. I still play both when I have the chance I have a lot of fun with both.

Loyal Roslyn Dove- Level 20 Swashbuckler "Queen of Chaos"
"Well, it's a darn good thing life isn't easy. Then there would be no challenge, and that wouldn't be any fun!"
-Loyal Roslyn Dove

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
In my opinion, P101 is definitely better than W101. P101 has a better story in my opinion. The story in W101 felt a little dull. Companions helped the game become more lively. I played up to the end of Avalon on W101. The battle system felt as if I was just stacking blades and traps for a one hit kill or spamming low pip attacks until the enemy died. The card system got boring for me. The battle system is perfect on P101. You won't get outnumbered in a duel, and enemies won't stick around after someone flees. You can also attack without having to wait numerous rounds for a decent attack. The criticals definitely made the game more entertaining, since you and your Companions have a variety of cool animations. I was able to solo most of W101 and P101 to level 50. P101 felt more fun and engaging while soloing. You would have earned many powers and Companions to help fight with your team. W101 was ok in the beginning, but you wouldn't get as many spells after level 50. The Pet System in W101 felt like it became a mandatory thing in the late game. I never had much luck with it, and it felt gold consuming and time consuming. Pets in P101 are great as they are. P101 does lack a lot of things W101 has, but I suppose they will come later on.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2010
why does everyone like p101 more? think abou w101 think about the whole story line and how long its been here for us please remember the fun Wizard101 has brung you before Pirate101 remember all those memories? i do! seriously think about it!

Luke BattleCaster level 87 Myth wizard
Joseph FrostWraith level 90 Ice wizard
Blaine SummerGem level 89 Life wizard SUP.
Cody FlameStone level 90 Fire wizard
James ShadowStealer level 77 Death wizard
Cole SandBlizzard level 90 Balance wizard

"To what patience brings us to understanding, comes misery which teaches us a lesson of valuable life. Neither patience or misery can excel and live without each others' intertwine."
Words of wisdom: patience and misery
by: Garold T. Granette

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
skippy24792 on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
why does everyone like p101 more? think abou w101 think about the whole story line and how long its been here for us please remember the fun Wizard101 has brung you before Pirate101 remember all those memories? i do! seriously think about it!

"To what patience brings us to understanding, comes misery which teaches us a lesson of valuable life. Neither patience or misery can excel and live without each others' intertwine."
Wizard City: Perfect
Krok: Perfect
Marleybone: Perfect
Mooshu: Perfect
Dragon: Perfect
Grizzleheim/Wintertusk: Perfect
Celestia: ok
Everything after celestia was a big fall for the storyline. The only real reasons why i enjoy P101 better is because of it's interesting story, and companions, and ships, and battle system. Even so W101 and P101 have been neck and neck in a race to be the best, however, the storyline in w101 just isn't that interesting, I don't even know what Morganthe is doing, what was the point of Zafaria? lol. In all expects they're both great games, i hold them very very very close to my heart, but the p101 just takes the story. Besides considering P101 is new it's more deveoped then w101 was when i began, and I think that Admins are interacting with us more on the p101 message boards than the w101 message boards.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012

But everyone is tired of Wizard101. It has been out for what? Has it been almost five years? Geez I remember when I first joined early 2009.

I do remember the fun times, but the game got really complicated after Celestia, especially PvP. Sometimes I see the new updates and regret leaving, but the difficulty starts to become uncanny, and the quests can get repetitive with collecting items. I play Pirate101 for a new different experience, not because I have forgotten Wizard101. But honestly, look at the community for Wizard101. Just a couple minutes in the Commons, with or without Open Chat all innocence is lost . All jokes aside, I miss the old days where there were five worlds and everything was simple. Of course I wanted more worlds, but I feel the way Kingsisle approached it made the game more advanced and less family interactable. Pirate101 at least for now, is simple and generic. I and nervous for what will happen in the future, however I will be a member of this game for years to come .

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
dont get me wrong, i love them both, but P101 is just more fun for me. i like the battles, the story, the enemies, but above all i like COMPANIONS. thank goodness for companions, they might just be my favorite aspect of the game, and sadly W101 doesnt have them, along with a bunch of other great stuff P101 does

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
P101! There are many reasons but I will tell you my biggest two.

Companions, very helpful
No mana, so you dont have to worry about running out of attacks.

Cunning Tanner Noble level 42

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011

We can like what we like. That's what makes the world fun if we all did and liked what you liked it would be boring. I said I prefer Pirates months ago because of my experience. In the beginning I was like. '' Oh this game is so cool! '' When Zafaria was released I started listening to other peoples videos. Then noticed some things in the updates. It's just not fun anymore. And the attitude of Wizard101 that's the problem. Loads of people are starting to get more mean. Kingsisle like I said months ago i'm not blaming you.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Um.. uh... erm.... *hands shaking* ....... gahh.... grrrrr...... I CANT DECIDE

Ensign
Feb 02, 2010
Honestly pirate101 is better i love my pirate101 ^^ reason why though is wizard101 just didnt become much of a intrest as it used too i think the pirate101 community is great also wizard101 is kinda..idk once you finish it once you never want to do it again (while having fun) coming from a person who has gotten atleast 15 lvl 50+'s i think its starting to get a bit boring (not to mention i've gone through unicorn way like 100 times) not joking lol i delete accounts too much..but in pirate101 i feel pride in the accounts i make/accomplish when i did with wizard101 there was always something i wanted too change.. and i dont like that p101 i havent deleted a account for a specific reason yet (besides a musketeer which was lvl 5 and just wanted too change a companion he got later) but thats about it
if i had too choose as if i never played either game before..i think i might choose...pirates cause if your like me and always check out what the games about first before playing it i think the pirate101 would draw me more into the game and knowing how slow i am at starting a new game with no experience its pretty slow my first ever w101 account took me 2 months to finish wizard city playing 3-4 hours a day LOL! so yah theres my long..uneeded answer! :D
Sneaky wolf parker 57
Witty wolf nelson 41

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
I think P101 cause they took lots of time on there battle mechanics. in W101 there mechanics are really annoying
cause in W101 it takes me a hour for a boss solo and that`s just one fight. so it`s totally P101.

note: if you want to make wizard101 better make some hard questes in mooshu drgonspyre and celestia not has
hard and more players may start playing again and make new worlds in wizard101

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Pirate101.My highest wizard is in Mooshu and I got my third pirate through Aquila today so yea.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
I have to say Pirate101. I did have a great time in Wizard101 but as SneakyWolfParker said, I always wanted something to be changed. I also just got sick of the battle mechanics. Pirate101 requires more logic and strategy than Wizard101. Wizard101 did have more of a community and Pirate101 is less social, but I do like doing things independently which was hard in Wizard101 but is more accepted in Pirate101.

Level 27 Smart Daniel Chamberlain

Ensign
Apr 20, 2013
I must say that Pirate101 is many times better than Wizard101. In fact, Wizard101 doesn't even compare at all, really, to Pirate101.

The main thing I liked about the game was because usually no two battles were the same. Wizard101 is plain, repetitive, and rather dull. You can get different companions to join you, different weapons, and different ways you are placed on a battle board to make every battle vary.

Character graphics are also very nice. I especially like the new faces and hair and eye colors you can choose for your pirate, plus the animations you can get from critical strikes.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Both games are great. If you have not played W101 just stick with p101. I have end game on both game sadly KI has made w101 a pack game. To be the best geared and what not you need to blow tons of crowns on packs. The drop rates on pack crown gear is nil to none. You can get by without packs but its not as good :) with pirate its not to that point yet because other than companions you can win the gear is just stats you dont get cards from them. card giving gear is very powerful and you need to farm to get these.

at this point I am more into p101 active sub. W101 is dusty adding a new pack and card map is not an update.

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
p101 if they bought in some of the wizard city parts, like decent brawling chamber and pet games.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
A little bias, don't ya think..? You're asking people on a Pirate101 thread which game is better, Pirates or Wizards, and the majority is saying Pirates. BUT, I'm sure if you asked this exact same question on the Wizard101's threads, the majority will say Wizards...

Personally, though, Wizards just got boring and you were able to tell they stopped caring on the little details like voice acting and stuff. In my opinion, Good voice acting can be the difference between a "ok" game and a "Epic" game. If the game can't get you into the mood of the game, then it's not worth my time. Pirates provided that extra kick that makes me want to play and hear more. So far, my favorite voices come from the main story-line characters, and my favorite voices are Subodai's and El Toro's (they're addicting XD).

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Pirate101 hands down wizard is no where close to being as good as pirate in my opinion and I have reasons some have been said before
- Wizard101 is ridiculously hard whe. You get into celestia all the enemies are hard and the way I got through the whole thing was always having to ask friends for help and sometimes they died with me it was impossible to win solo without buying henchmen which you have to use crowns on which takes real money.
- wizard101 some of the bosses have cheats which are REALLY ANNOYING! You can't beat the boss because they kill you simply with their cheats as for pirate some bosses like bishop have cheats (leech) which do not make the boss basically invincible so the cheats for bosses in pirate are much more fair
- companions: as I said you can pay crowns to buy henchmen in wizard but in pirate you get companions automatically some you can pay for but you get a big amount of companions through the game that help deal with the other enemies because in wizard you sometimes have to fight 4 enemies and each of them has like twice the health you have with is ridiculous
- finally damage: in pirate both you and the enemy do about the same damage (well if you train yourself from your class trainer and upgrade your weapons) which isn't always super powerful (unless your swash which is the class that does the most damage) but in wizard you have powerful attacks but so does the enemy and they can take out half your health in one hit!

Pirate wins it is so much better in my opinion some of you might like wizard more but I just cannot deal with wizard it's just not fun or at least possible to beat the game.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 61
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65