Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to Prepare for Book 15!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So we are all excited and I would find it best to start prepping for the Occassion and here are my tips on what you should do before it all goes down

1. Max out your gold, an easy task for you to do just go through the tower or defeat some generous bosses you will want gold for ships, equipment and companions
2. What will your equipment be? Do you want it to be overpowered or just enough so that the enemies will be a challenge
3.Max out all your pirates, if any of your pirates are close to max it's time to speed them up for the update
4. Who are u questing with? Are you going solo or making an event out of this? It's important to figure this out before
5. Find the right time to start playing, you don't want to get on and something prevents you from playing, that would be torture make sure you will have enough time to enjoy the content

I hope this helps your jaw drop at the content of this update

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, my advice is to participate in the Test Realm first. There are those who are hesitant to do this because "it'll spoil the surprise" - but if everyone felt this way, KingsIsle wouldn't get the necessary feed back on bugs or confusions in storyline/quests. So please test and give that feed back!
Players with an active membership or those who have bought Crowns within 30 days ( I think that's right ) of the test realm can enter.
1. This is excellent advice - after all, you'll want a new ship.
2. When defeating bosses take extra note on their drops - anything really good should be reported here or on Central.
3. I'm sure most of us have done this, that's why we're sooo anxious to get started.
4. I generally tend to solo, but for test realm, I'll join teams.
5. Yar!!!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
3. I think I won't worry about maxing out all my pirates; if there's another huge stall, I'd like one or two to be doing something constructive in the interim.

4. Why? Why do I need to make that sort of decision at all? Maybe I'll just run through and pick up with a group as I go. Maybe I'll just run with Indigo. Maybe I'll run alone. Don't need to make that decision until it needs to be made, which will be whenever I a) feel like running and b) there is somewhere to run to.

5. I suspect I'm going to be rationing out the new content (when and if it ever gets released) rather than roar through it. Three years is long enough to wait for an update -- imagine gulping down this stuff and discovering at the end that we'll have another 3 or 4 years to wait for the next bit.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
Well, my advice is to participate in the Test Realm first. There are those who are hesitant to do this because "it'll spoil the surprise" - but if everyone felt this way, KingsIsle wouldn't get the necessary feed back on bugs or confusions in storyline/quests. So please test and give that feed back!
Players with an active membership or those who have bought Crowns within 30 days ( I think that's right ) of the test realm can enter.
2. When defeating bosses take extra note on their drops - anything really good should be reported here or on Central.
3. I'm sure most of us have done this, that's why we're sooo anxious to get started.
5. Yar!!!
Thanks for the test realm advice, I have never been in test realm so that will help if I get into it, I'm glad you agree with my tips

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Very good advice, Darius! I'm already working on my 3rd max level pirate, maxed nautical level on my two current maxes, got great gear on my musketeer, and I think I may go solo on this one. That is, unless anyone wants to join me.

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
I definitely agree with maxing out your pirates in anticipation for the update but what I'm wondering is if I do side quests and max out before completing the game(on my I maxed out right after Troy) should I finish Aquila and let all of that experience go down the drain, or should I wait for the update and the extension of the max level to do those side quests so by the time I start Valencia II I'm like level 67 or even higher? Keep in mind though you have a nautical level too, so while doing those quest, you might be losing regular experience but your gaining nautical experience. Of course I my companions sailing to boost my nautical level but still only on the two of my maxes who have finished Aquila do I have an max nautical level?

Thoughts, Ideas? I 'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65
Na Lvl 65 / Na Lvl 63 / Na Lvl unknown(I need to check)

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
I would recommend, when this update goes live, to take it SLOWLY! As soon as this comes out, I am sure we will want to hurry and play through it. But after that's done, we will be waiting for another update. So please try to stretch it out and ENJOY it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FISH THIEF on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
I definitely agree with maxing out your pirates in anticipation for the update but what I'm wondering is if I do side quests and max out before completing the game(on my I maxed out right after Troy) should I finish Aquila and let all of that experience go down the drain, or should I wait for the update and the extension of the max level to do those side quests so by the time I start Valencia II I'm like level 67 or even higher? Keep in mind though you have a nautical level too, so while doing those quest, you might be losing regular experience but your gaining nautical experience. Of course I my companions sailing to boost my nautical level but still only on the two of my maxes who have finished Aquila do I have an max nautical level?

Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65
Don't forget some of those side quests reward training tomes and you'll need all of them to level your companions through Valencia 2.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011

Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65
For questing and obtaining regular XP: that's up to you. Do you care for being over-leveled as you advance through the game? I myself usually like to be a little over-leveled, so whenever one of my characters (besides my main pirate) max out, that's when I make them stop questing. The only exceptions I make with that, however, is when training tomes and/or nautical experience is involved. It's important to make sure your companions and nautical level stay close to your own level.

With that said: I would definitely recommend maxing out your nautical level once you get the chance.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
5. Yar!!!
So "Test Realm" will show up as one of the available realms to go to when you click on "options"?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
So "Test Realm" will show up as one of the available realms to go to when you click on "options"?
No, it is a separate version of the game. You can learn more about it here:

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/test_realm

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
Very good advice, Darius! I'm already working on my 3rd max level pirate, maxed nautical level on my two current maxes, got great gear on my musketeer, and I think I may go solo on this one. That is, unless anyone wants to join me.
As long as you see you running and sailing around the Valencian paradise

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65
I would reccomend waiting until the update to get th ra goodies, it will also help you take it slow and revise Aquila before continuing on

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Me Advice be to study yer enemies! learn their weaknesses, overcome their strengths, and plan yer strategies fer the biggest brawls to come mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I am so excited for book 15. I could put on a hat, attach a Go Pro to it. And run around my house going " Woohoo woohoo woohoo! "

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
I am so excited for book 15. I could put on a hat, attach a Go Pro to it. And run around my house going " Woohoo woohoo woohoo! "
Amazing idea! I would love to see that

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
Amazing idea! I would love to see that
Why thank you. I would do it but I don't have a GoPro

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
Why thank you. I would do it but I don't have a GoPro
Ok, it seems I'm a bit out of touch, what's a Go-Pro?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
Ok, it seems I'm a bit out of touch, what's a Go-Pro?
A GoPro is a small, portable video camera designed to attache to helmets, cars, etc in order to film anything really. I had a friend film himself jumping off a waterfall last May, best part was when he hit the still ice cold water at the bottom of the waterfall.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
CdeWinter on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
A GoPro is a small, portable video camera designed to attache to helmets, cars, etc in order to film anything really. I had a friend film himself jumping off a waterfall last May, best part was when he hit the still ice cold water at the bottom of the waterfall.
Ouch.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
"best part was when he hit the still ice cold water at the bottom of the waterfall."

That's cold.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
To add on its like looking through someone's eyes, for example imagine looking through a sky divers eyes and getting to watch the sky diving through their eyes, it's insane!
Some people film this doing mountain biking, hang gliding and surfing.

I hope this helps explain

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
To add on its like looking through someone's eyes, for example imagine looking through a sky divers eyes and getting to watch the sky diving through their eyes, it's insane!
Some people film this doing mountain biking, hang gliding and surfing.

I hope this helps explain
Great, now I want a gopro to record just dance