Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Halloween Party

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
So, its practically October now. And that means two things for me. The first is thanksgiving, and the second is Halloween. I've decided not to do parties for both events this month, mostly because the thanksgiving decorations don't come out until November, (weird).

But we can still have a Halloween Party!
And we will (I'll post back later with an actual suggested date and time)
So in the mean time, get your costumes ready, farm for those masks!
Storytellers, get your spooky stories ready.
And everybody else, please add suggestions for Halloween Party activities within your post.

See ya then, (ya spooky weirdos)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
CdeWinter on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
So, its practically October now. And that means two things for me. The first is thanksgiving, and the second is Halloween. I've decided not to do parties for both events this month, mostly because the thanksgiving decorations don't come out until November, (weird).

And everybody else, please add suggestions for Halloween Party activities within your post.

Why is it weird that thanksgiving decorations come in November? that's when thanksgiving itself is.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Heya, Scarlet! What a brilliant idea! I'll be farming ** *** up a storm to get his full outfit! That's right, you won't know until I show up there with the outfit! And I already have his main *****, so that's good.

Although I'd so love to come and this sounds like so much fun (considering the last Message Boards Marauders event you made that turned out fantastically ), I don't know if I'll be able to make it. At what time do you propose doing the party? Honestly, I hope it's not on Halloween day as possibly many Pirates may not be able to make it - considering the fact that a lot of people might be trick-or-treating (if in the evening) or in school/work (if in the afternoon).

Well, let's hope I can come!

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

(P.S. Don't worry, the asterisks spell out entirely what the word is. If you think you can do it, take a look at how many asterisks I put there and try to figure out what words spell it! In the meantime, folks, see you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

A couple of years ago, we had a very successful turn-out of pirates telling spooky stories on my Halloween Galleon. Having a ship at Skull Island docks made this space available for all players ( members or Free to Play ).
May I suggest we have the same venue? If you want to use your ship or mine it's ok by me.
The story telling was good and we just did that for nearly 2 hrs, but we could also ask riddles or tell jokes.
Or we could have a flotilla to find the Dreadnaught?
I don't think it should be held on Halloween, but maybe the day before? ( if it's a weekend. )

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

there is gonna be costumes and story telling? I may not be able to attend, but I really hope I can! what do you think would be a good costume idea for me?

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
In the US, we celebrate Thanksgiving late in November - so that would be why Thanksgiving decorations aren't seen until then (not to mention KingsIsle is located here).

As for the topic at hand - I was wondering if a game of hide-and-seek would sound ideal to anyone, and perhaps a raffle (I have a lot of crowns that I don't think I'll be using anytime soon, so that can go towards the prizes). That's about all the ideas I have for activities atm (I'll try to come up with more if I can).

I'd also like to offer my Witchdoctor house as our party place (unless you've already a place, that is).

Date and time... well... we'll get back to that.

Looking forward to it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
Why is it weird that thanksgiving decorations come in November? that's when thanksgiving itself is.
Here in the USA Thanksgiving decorations usually appear in September. Halloween decorations begin appearing in the later part of August & Christmas? October, & November - it's ridiculous!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
A couple of years ago, we had a very successful turn-out of pirates telling spooky stories on my Halloween Galleon. Having a ship at Skull Island docks made this space available for all players ( members or Free to Play ).
May I suggest we have the same venue? If you want to use your ship or mine it's ok by me.
The story telling was good and we just did that for nearly 2 hrs, but we could also ask riddles or tell jokes.
Or we could have a flotilla to find the Dreadnaught?
I don't think it should be held on Halloween, but maybe the day before? ( if it's a weekend. )
That's an amazing idea, expect me to be there if you decide to host it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hoodoo Mistress on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
In the US, we celebrate Thanksgiving late in November - so that would be why Thanksgiving decorations aren't seen until then (not to mention KingsIsle is located here).

As for the topic at hand - I was wondering if a game of hide-and-seek would sound ideal to anyone, and perhaps a raffle (I have a lot of crowns that I don't think I'll be using anytime soon, so that can go towards the prizes). That's about all the ideas I have for activities atm (I'll try to come up with more if I can).

I'd also like to offer my Witchdoctor house as our party place (unless you've already a place, that is).

Date and time... well... we'll get back to that.

Looking forward to it.
If the party was held at your house, we would have to a friend or "a friend of a friend" of yours. Someone who doesn't know you wouldn't be able to attend.
It's better to have it in an area where everyone can go.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
First, the Thanksgiving bit was just a joke, I know Thanksgiving is in November in the US. But we celebrate it in early October here in Canada.

Second, the party will not be on Halloween, but it will be close to Halloween. I believe Halloween is a weekday this year, and I'm also working a graveyard shift on Halloween.

Thirdly, Anecorbie, I like the idea of a haunted ship party. As long as the ship stays docked, there's no limit to the number of people that can be on it.

Also, Hoodoo Mistress, I like the idea of a game of hide and seek. We would have to contain to a small area where everyone can get to of course. Perhaps a house.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
there is gonna be costumes and story telling? I may not be able to attend, but I really hope I can! what do you think would be a good costume idea for me?
Of course there will be costumes and story telling. Wouldn't be much of a Halloween party without costumes and spooky stories now would it?

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
Oh cool, an event? I've never really been to anything like that before before here, but I'd still love to come! Well, if I can make it that is.. i hope I can! I probably won't do a hole lot of farming but I'll still try to pull together a costume. Hope to be there!

(Btw my main characters a max swash named Nicole Morgan )

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
am thinking I am gonna go with a evil pirate look.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Instead of a Halloween party ( since October 31st is on a Tuesday ) why don't we make it a True "Birth-o-Ween" party instead? Pirate101 officially began ( I believe ) on Oct. 15th, so why not have the party on the 14th?
( Saturday )
We could still wear costumes, tell stories or share our past experiences of playing P101.
If no one likes this idea, I'm still in favor of a Halloween Party.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 1, 2017 wrote:
Instead of a Halloween party ( since October 31st is on a Tuesday ) why don't we make it a True "Birth-o-Ween" party instead? Pirate101 officially began ( I believe ) on Oct. 15th, so why not have the party on the 14th?
( Saturday )
We could still wear costumes, tell stories or share our past experiences of playing P101.
Sounds like fun I be in!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
( Saturday )
That sounds incredible!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
Heya, Scarlet! What a brilliant idea! I'll be farming ** *** up a storm to get his full outfit! That's right, you won't know until I show up there with the outfit! And I already have his main *****, so that's good.

Although I'd so love to come and this sounds like so much fun (considering the last Message Boards Marauders event you made that turned out fantastically ), I don't know if I'll be able to make it. At what time do you propose doing the party? Honestly, I hope it's not on Halloween day as possibly many Pirates may not be able to make it - considering the fact that a lot of people might be trick-or-treating (if in the evening) or in school/work (if in the afternoon).

Have fun,

(P.S. Don't worry, the asterisks spell out entirely what the word is. If you think you can do it, take a look at how many asterisks I put there and try to figure out what words spell it! In the meantime, folks, see you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!)
Costumes?
hmm...
I'll see what I can come up with...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
( Saturday )
That does sound like a good idea. We can still combine a Halloween and Birth-o-Ween Party.
But, the 14th won't work well for me, its too close to Thanksgiving for me, I'm already expected to go to at least one dinner that weekend, as well as the weekend before.

Right now, I'm thinking of holding the party on Saturday October 28th, starting in the afternoon, sometime after 3pm Atlantic.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
That does sound like a good idea. We can still combine a Halloween and Birth-o-Ween Party.
But, the 14th won't work well for me, its too close to Thanksgiving for me, I'm already expected to go to at least one dinner that weekend, as well as the weekend before.

Right now, I'm thinking of holding the party on Saturday October 28th, starting in the afternoon, sometime after 3pm Atlantic.
That sounds like a good date & time.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Here in the USA Thanksgiving decorations usually appear in September. Halloween decorations begin appearing in the later part of August & Christmas? October, & November - it's ridiculous!
Ikr

I also look forward to the party, hopefully I'll be able to make it when in comes.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
CdeWinter on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:

sounds good to me! its on a weekend, so YAY! anywhooo.....

fear the squid!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Helpful Aurora Par... on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:

Have fun,

uh.... rooke? and his main robe? idk!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
ill be farming ****** up a storm to get his hat! I already have his ******, but I need the hat, and some other things too!

(NOTE: the askerisks represent words, try and guess what words they are!)

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Sounds like a great compromise to me. I'll be looking forward to it!

Although I'm not sure what kind of costume to go in... I really wish I could dress up like The Queen.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
ill be farming ****** up a storm to get his hat! I already have his ******, but I need the hat, and some other things too!

(NOTE: the askerisks represent words, try and guess what words they are!)
Bishop! 6 letters, and Deacon doesn't give any drops...