Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 9-30-16

AuthorMessage
My dear Pirates,

The leaves are starting to turn color, and there’s a chill to the breeze in the morning air. It is officially fall!

I can’t put more elegant words together than Blind Mew and One Eyed Jack, so let me just quote them from the update notes as to address the state of the Spiral:

Kane’s defeat has thrown the Armada into chaos! Generals and commanders vie for power; many clockworks, deprived of proper command, have gone “haywire” and set out on forays of destruction across the Spiral. A dangerous rogue Dreadnaught has set its sights on the Spiral, and its hold is now filled to the brim with plunder from many worlds. More troubling yet, Armada scouts have been sighted lurking around Skull Island.

So, we’re getting the first glimpse of the effects of the changing of the guard in Valencia. It is a little terrifying that what’s left of the Armada is going so boldly after Skull Island, and it’s up to the weathered veteran Pirates of the Spiral to make sure the Dreadnaught is not allowed to advance. The good news in all of this? There’s some pretty great rewards for taking on the challenge.

With this update, we’ve also got some new epic ranks to be had – check the update notes for the details. We’re getting a lot of feedback from Test Realm and the forums and we're reviewing it all. Keep it coming!

We’ve been scratching our heads at the Hydra encounter for a long time. Many KI folks have looked into the issue with no luck, and we cracked it back open this update to give it another try. After much agonizing and theorizing and taking it apart and putting it back together again, we think we’ve finally found the root of the problem. The first version of the fix we put to Test Realm definitely still had some kinks to work out. We’re working on another angle now. We’re hopeful that by the time we go live, we’ll have improved the fight. Thanks to everyone who hopped on and gave it a try!

As the seasons change, so does PVP. There’s a sweet new Autumn Gorilla mount and Fennec Fox pets to rank up and obtain, as well as any other Fall items you may have missed from 2015. With the new update, there’s now a short lockout timer for abandoning the queue, and we've put some changes in that should make Cheat Engine less effective.

We’ve got another (pretty great, if I do say so) surprise in store when this update goes to Live Servers, but that firecat is staying in it’s proverbial bag for now.

Have you had a chance to check out the changes on Test Realm or the update notes? What are you most excited about?

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Thank you, Falmea, for asking. I did test out the Hydra battle, three times, but no bug occurred.

I tried to board the Dreadnaught, but was unsuccessful, due to being sent to the Life Fountain at Skull Island Docks instead, after seeing a message that my ship was no longer available to me. What?!

On the whole, as a player whose goal is not necessarily to get all my pirates to the end as quickly as possible (I only have two Level 70 pirates across 3 accounts), nor to reach Champion in Ranked PvP, nor farm extremely hard dungeons like the Tower of Moo Manchu... this Test Realm is adequate. I understand that the bug fixes, new ranks and things are all much requested, but so in fact has been side activities, displaying our weapons collections at our houses, cheaper or partial yum refills from Ryan's stand, a New Booster Pack and many other ideas.

Your hint that an additional surprise awaits us when this goes Live is the best news.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
I sure did! i am most exited to try and get the Haywire Royal Greataxe (is that what its called?) it looks amazing!
I also wouldn't mind getting the sword and shield as well!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
My dear Pirates,

The leaves are starting to turn color, and there’s a chill to the breeze in the morning air. It is officially fall!

I can’t put more elegant words together than Blind Mew and One Eyed Jack, so let me just quote them from the update notes as to address the state of the Spiral:

Kane’s defeat has thrown the Armada into chaos! Generals and commanders vie for power; many clockworks, deprived of proper command, have gone “haywire” and set out on forays of destruction across the Spiral. A dangerous rogue Dreadnaught has set its sights on the Spiral, and its hold is now filled to the brim with plunder from many worlds. More troubling yet, Armada scouts have been sighted lurking around Skull Island.

So, we’re getting the first glimpse of the effects of the changing of the guard in Valencia. It is a little terrifying that what’s left of the Armada is going so boldly after Skull Island, and it’s up to the weathered veteran Pirates of the Spiral to make sure the Dreadnaught is not allowed to advance. The good news in all of this? There’s some pretty great rewards for taking on the challenge.

With this update, we’ve also got some new epic ranks to be had – check the update notes for the details. We’re getting a lot of feedback from Test Realm and the forums and we're reviewing it all. Keep it coming!

We’ve been scratching our heads at the Hydra encounter for a long time. Many KI folks have looked into the issue with no luck, and we cracked it back open this update to give it another try. After much agonizing and theorizing and taking it apart and putting it back together again, we think we’ve finally found the root of the problem. The first version of the fix we put to Test Realm definitely still had some kinks to work out. We’re working on another angle now. We’re hopeful that by the time we go live, we’ll have improved the fight. Thanks to everyone who hopped on and gave it a try!

As the seasons change, so does PVP. There’s a sweet new Autumn Gorilla mount and Fennec Fox pets to rank up and obtain, as well as any other Fall items you may have missed from 2015. With the new update, there’s now a short lockout timer for abandoning the queue, and we've put some changes in that should make Cheat Engine less effective.

We’ve got another (pretty great, if I do say so) surprise in store when this update goes to Live Servers, but that firecat is staying in it’s proverbial bag for now.

Have you had a chance to check out the changes on Test Realm or the update notes? What are you most excited about?

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!
Well, this new update on Test sure got to a good start at P101 updating with more content more frequently now. My huge thanks, not just to you, Professor Falmea, but to KI for returning to updating P101 again on a more frequent pace.

The three year long waiting period for story updates really hit the P101 player base, but today, this marks a great step to regaining the base that was likely shattered, that is to say, many who wanted to get the story going and to see the original outline come out like it was planned to be.

No matter what, I stood strong and positive amidst many in the crowd who couldn't wait longer, I still had strong belief and faith in KI, and never steered them wrong. I knew they would come through, like always. It was only a minor bummer that the plans & the story's outline had to be changed at those near-last moments... still, we can't dwell on what could have been, what occurred before, & what have some have tried to do to keep the outline like it was previously planned.

The new instance/turret boss hybrid is the one thing I'm somewhat excited about. Can't wait to win that in Live!

That surprise you've got in store for the update's launch time, I can guess, but I know it's thrilling! Maybe something that's been carried over & adapted from W101? I don't know, I'm just excited to see what that surprise it, but I can wait.

Well, Falmea, I'm glad KI's getting their ship back into order, even if it stood still too long. Can't wait to see that ship back into the skies once again! Really thrilled to see more new adventures & changes to P101 real soon!