Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Call To The Pack - Ship/Turret Hunting for Scrip

AuthorMessage
Developer
Grintch on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
You make it all sound so rosy, Chrissy. Ratbeard said: "You should notice a significant difference in your total hourly gain.". So, I'd like to know how many hours it took you to gain that 642 scrip? Another thing I am curious about is after logging in today, I went to the black market and could find no decrease in prices for anything there. What has been reduced in price that you're talking about? The item I want is 12000 scrip, by your experience with 642 scrip in one day, that would take me approx 2 weeks of nonstop killing ships over and over and over. Not my idea of fun at all. And I tested the arena a few days before the update and that's even worse. After 3 fights and losing 3 companions I received a total of 6 scrip which was pathetic. All in all, the process of acquiring scrip is way too time consuming for the rewards given in my opinion.
Whether you prefer to earn your scrip in the skyways or in the Arena, you should find it both easier and more fun if you invest some effort in socializing.

If you tag along with one of Chrissy's farming parties, whether you can play for an hour or just a few minutes, you will find yourself earning scrip essentially effortlessly-- just follow the pack, shoot ships, and enjoy chatting with other players.

If socializing does not sound like your idea of fun... well, that's fine, but as with any multi-player game, you will have to be willing to work harder to achieve your goals working solo.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
My thanks for this! This makes farming for scrip and much needed ship parts so much easier and far more fun! (Though targeting that boss ship is always a bit of a problem. ) I hope I'll be able to make the later meetups.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
Whether you prefer to earn your scrip in the skyways or in the Arena, you should find it both easier and more fun if you invest some effort in socializing.

If you tag along with one of Chrissy's farming parties, whether you can play for an hour or just a few minutes, you will find yourself earning scrip essentially effortlessly-- just follow the pack, shoot ships, and enjoy chatting with other players.

If socializing does not sound like your idea of fun... well, that's fine, but as with any multi-player game, you will have to be willing to work harder to achieve your goals working solo.

It is possible to get a fair amount of scrip farming the turrets and boss ships solo. My computer lags if I'm in a crowded area, and I hate packs of more than four, seems there's no opportunity to target, let alone sink a ship.
I'm not a zealous farmer- the most I can stand is ninety minutes to two hours; yet in those two hours per night I have moved from 125 scrip to 485. As I say " little by little will fill the bucket", looking forward to purchasing the entire Master Smuggler's outfit.
When I buy the Arena a new avenue for scrip will be in my hands, and since this arena is best done with friends, my friends will benefit also.
I have bought the Smuggler's Cove with it's wonderful wishing well ( it has yet to gift me with scrip, but I live in hope .

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I have found that going solo with my Aquilan Galleon in Valencia is very productive for Scrip. In about 10 minutes, I managed to wrangle 30-35 Scrip. Add onto that, I got some EXTREMELY rare ship gear to sell!! If you guys want a real quick and easy way to get small amounts of Scrip, I suggest attacking the Vanguard Squadron ships in Valencia. I was only going solo......so think what a whole group of pirates could do........

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Ratbeard on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:

Socializing is fantastic. Although, I tend to get boarded while flapping my jaws a lot

I need a sign, "Do Not Board While Scrippin' to hang on my ship.

While a friend and I were in Subata Skyway, we found it great for just the 2 of us. We did get some good scrip drops, and what really made it worth our while was that we had the RA horn drop for us. So we were like

High Five

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As of last night, I am now at 625 scrip! Only 8,875 scrip to go! It is not an impossible dream, I will get the Master Smuggler's outfit!

Developer
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
It is possible to get a fair amount of scrip farming the turrets and boss ships solo. My computer lags if I'm in a crowded area, and I hate packs of more than four, seems there's no opportunity to target, let alone sink a ship.
I'm not a zealous farmer- the most I can stand is ninety minutes to two hours; yet in those two hours per night I have moved from 125 scrip to 485. As I say " little by little will fill the bucket", looking forward to purchasing the entire Master Smuggler's outfit.
When I buy the Arena a new avenue for scrip will be in my hands, and since this arena is best done with friends, my friends will benefit also.
I have bought the Smuggler's Cove with it's wonderful wishing well ( it has yet to gift me with scrip, but I live in hope .
Hunting parties bigger than 2 or 3 (or 20 or 30) are great! I don't want to discourage that, as I think that is where the most fun is to be had. But there's only so fast you can sink ships (as fast as they will spawn, actually...) so having more people just means spreading the loot love around.

But if the big parties aren't for you, know that you really don't need more than 2 or 3, in my opinion. Find a zone with ships that you (each) can damage for 1/3 to 1/2 of its health bar with your summons. Sink as many ships as you can while keeping relatively safe yourself.

In fact, you can do reasonably well with just one friend helping-- each person takes turns getting aggro to give the other person time to heal.

Two people attacking one ship is not two times as powerful-- it's four times as powerful. Anybody out there know why?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
Hunting parties bigger than 2 or 3 (or 20 or 30) are great! I don't want to discourage that, as I think that is where the most fun is to be had. But there's only so fast you can sink ships (as fast as they will spawn, actually...) so having more people just means spreading the loot love around.

But if the big parties aren't for you, know that you really don't need more than 2 or 3, in my opinion. Find a zone with ships that you (each) can damage for 1/3 to 1/2 of its health bar with your summons. Sink as many ships as you can while keeping relatively safe yourself.

In fact, you can do reasonably well with just one friend helping-- each person takes turns getting aggro to give the other person time to heal.

Two people attacking one ship is not two times as powerful-- it's four times as powerful. Anybody out there know why?
Because the monsters work together to destroy it?

Joking.If anything that would slow down.

I don't know the answer.I can assume,though,that if it is by design,it may be to make things simpler,and to encourage us to socialize much more,in pretty much the same way that you'll have to fight more enemies in the Tower of Moo Manchu if you solo it(that is,each person taking down a few pigs;in the end,the amount of pigs each person takes down will always be smaller than if one person entered and took out all the pigs)

If however,it is a consequence of something else,than I have absolutely no idea.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Ahoy, Ratbeard ye think there will be tournaments in the near future, ones that we can earn a ton of scrip?

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Community Leader

I love scrip farming in skyways. But yes the lag is REAL. Can you somehow make the lag less or it's really from my end which you can't fix?

I'm just asking because I love having huge ship parties, but it's quite hard when everything is in slow-mo and it's harder for me to target. :(

I don't mind small ship parties too. I'm just wondering if the lag can be improved because hey, the less lag, the more ships, the more fun we can have! :D I would LOVE 15, 20, even more ships at once if the lag wasn't there.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Oh I am not good with math questions. I will just trust you as usual and totally kick tush by following your lead. Please feel free to educate me though.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Umm....quite possibly since we have two attack powers on our ships? And two plus two equals four? Or have I just answered very simply and also wrong?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I just want to say how proud I am of The Pack. You guys answered the call and totally filled the skyway for the KI Live event and made me SO proud of all of you showing how powerful a Pack of Marauders can be. Speaking of POWER. Last night's pack was SO big and SO powerful that they were taking down the bosses of Aquila in under 10 seconds every time they spawned. The scrip was flowing left and right and we were having a blast. Well done Pack. You do yourselves proud.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
good news i'm on winter break now!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
I am organizing a call to the pack for hunting, en masse to scrub some skyways clear of some ships and turrets to relieve them of their Scrip.

I have one planned for tonight, Wednesday December 10th at 3pm Central until all the pack members curl up for the night. Same play as in Test Realm:

We will meet at the Isle of Dogs docks but this time in Vadima Realm. I will also check the docks at the top of each hour for about 10 minutes.

I created a "Call to the Pack" page on the Stars of the Spiral web page that includes a calender of scheduled times.

I also have scheduled for Friday December 12th at 3pm Central and
Saturday December 13 at Noon Central.

If you would like other times, Please list them here and I will add them to the Calendar
It does not HAVE to be me to run point for the pack, any of you can do it. Just let me know when you want a date entered and where you want your pack to meet for your hunt and I will add it to the calendar.

Ratbeard was so generous as to lower the prices of some choice items so I am REALLY excited to gather in that scrip and shove it in my Scrip Chests to save up for my "On The Moon" items
Thank you Ratbeard.
Interesting

Captain
May 16, 2011
The Scrip hunting was great! But it had a drawback. Here's a visual aid.

*Lag. More Lag. Even more lag. Even more lag than before. Much lag. Much more lag. Much more lag than before.*

If that doesn't spell it out, I don't what will. We might as well have broken the game. Here's a tip: If you drop anchor while attacking a ship(or the turret), it helps with the lag.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
I just want to say how proud I am of The Pack. You guys answered the call and totally filled the skyway for the KI Live event and made me SO proud of all of you showing how powerful a Pack of Marauders can be. Speaking of POWER. Last night's pack was SO big and SO powerful that they were taking down the bosses of Aquila in under 10 seconds every time they spawned. The scrip was flowing left and right and we were having a blast. Well done Pack. You do yourselves proud.
Though I have just gotten back You should be proud of yourself Chrissy I'm pretty sure everyone has a blast farming for scrip you've done well and I hope I will be able to come to the next event anyone who agrees with me respond by posting yarr and make sure to say thank you to her. So in other words we are all proud of you for makeing this wonderful pack. stay awesome Chrissy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
Though I have just gotten back You should be proud of yourself Chrissy I'm pretty sure everyone has a blast farming for scrip you've done well and I hope I will be able to come to the next event anyone who agrees with me respond by posting yarr and make sure to say thank you to her. So in other words we are all proud of you for makeing this wonderful pack. stay awesome Chrissy
*Blushing* Aww thank you kindly It is a labor of love for my fellow Marauders.

I haven't heard from you guys as to whether you want any for this week. I know most of you younglings are most probably out of school and have some free time so please let me know if you want to have any pack hunts on the Calendar or if you just want to take this vacation seriously and just let things happen spontaneously. I have run with some pretty awesome packs that just "Happened" and we scrubbed the skyways clean, rinsed and repeated as much as we liked.

Just let me hear from you as to what you would like for this week. Either way: Merry Christmas to the most awesome Scrip Scrying Pack out there.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
*Blushing* Aww thank you kindly It is a labor of love for my fellow Marauders.

I haven't heard from you guys as to whether you want any for this week. I know most of you younglings are most probably out of school and have some free time so please let me know if you want to have any pack hunts on the Calendar or if you just want to take this vacation seriously and just let things happen spontaneously. I have run with some pretty awesome packs that just "Happened" and we scrubbed the skyways clean, rinsed and repeated as much as we liked.

Just let me hear from you as to what you would like for this week. Either way: Merry Christmas to the most awesome Scrip Scrying Pack out there.
I could do it this weekend (just hope my computer won't crash because of the lag lol)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
I could do it this weekend (just hope my computer won't crash because of the lag lol)
OK, Saturday or Sunday? What time of day is best for you?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
OK, Saturday or Sunday? What time of day is best for you?
Saturday is fine

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
Saturday is fine
Date is now added to calendar. I set it for noon to 4.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 26, 2014 wrote:
Date is now added to calendar. I set it for noon to 4.
It was fun. Though a bit laggy I had lots of fun it seemed like no one was their. Well I did get over 200 scrip

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
It was fun. Though a bit laggy I had lots of fun it seemed like no one was their. Well I did get over 200 scrip
The third hour we had quite the pack going with downing Pluton in 10 seconds. Sometimes it all in the timing

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 28, 2014 wrote:
The third hour we had quite the pack going with downing Pluton in 10 seconds. Sometimes it all in the timing
To be honest I feel bad for them but that's pirating for ye . Well I did get a piece of plutons ship equipment and got tons of gold enough to get the smugglers cove.