Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Call To The Pack - Ship/Turret Hunting for Scrip

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
To be honest I feel bad for them but that's pirating for ye . Well I did get a piece of plutons ship equipment and got tons of gold enough to get the smugglers cove.
That's super. I am glad you had a profitable, piratey good time.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
That's super. I am glad you had a profitable, piratey good time.
Can we have another one this weekend

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
Can we have another one this weekend
Sure I can have one put on the schedule. Saturday or Sunday? I moved and my WiFi isn't hooked up & as I live in a tiny town, the only avail company is not so fast on service cause they are the only game in town and they know it. I may not have it by this weekend so If I schedule it and you do not see me there, that is why. IF I am not there, PLEASE Alpha up and take the lead and sink twice as many for me, OK

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
Sure I can have one put on the schedule. Saturday or Sunday? I moved and my WiFi isn't hooked up & as I live in a tiny town, the only avail company is not so fast on service cause they are the only game in town and they know it. I may not have it by this weekend so If I schedule it and you do not see me there, that is why. IF I am not there, PLEASE Alpha up and take the lead and sink twice as many for me, OK
That seems like a big job and since I don't have text chat it might be hard so...yeah:P sorry I'll try my best inless someone with text chat volunteer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Jan 6, 2015 wrote:
That seems like a big job and since I don't have text chat it might be hard so...yeah:P sorry I'll try my best inless someone with text chat volunteer
No worries, the Cable company showed up today and I am officially back . Which day would you like me to schedule and what times are good for you?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
No worries, the Cable company showed up today and I am officially back . Which day would you like me to schedule and what times are good for you?
Saturday is fine and anytime should be fine

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Saturday is fine and anytime should be fine
OK I will set it up for Saturday at Noon

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
sounds like fun i might try to join i haven't been on pirate101 lately

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warrior021u on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
sounds like fun i might try to join i haven't been on pirate101 lately
You are more than welcome to come join in the carnage and gather up some scrip for yourself

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Sadly I missed it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My apologies for the no show. I got waylaid by a headache and slept through it. I really hope you had a great turnout and cleaned up the skyways for me.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
My idea is that, if there are more than 7 to 8 ships, the Pack should split up and part of it go to another Realm to fight. This would eliminate the problem of there being too many Pirates for too few Ships. I know I've had the problem of trying to put my sights on the enemy under attack and get off at least one shot before that Ship is defeated since that is the only way to get the Loot (Gold, equipment, Scrip, etc.).

Saturday's Pack was a great success! .When I was fighting, it seemed like there were at least 10 to 12 Pirates. Poor Captain Pluton only lasted for a few seconds each time he respawned and the other enemy ships were destroyed even faster.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
My idea is that, if there are more than 7 to 8 ships, the Pack should split up and part of it go to another Realm to fight. This would eliminate the problem of there being too many Pirates for too few Ships. I know I've had the problem of trying to put my sights on the enemy under attack and get off at least one shot before that Ship is defeated since that is the only way to get the Loot (Gold, equipment, Scrip, etc.).

Saturday's Pack was a great success! .When I was fighting, it seemed like there were at least 10 to 12 Pirates. Poor Captain Pluton only lasted for a few seconds each time he respawned and the other enemy ships were destroyed even faster.
WOOT! That's my kinda pack. Well done When there are that many Marauders there you can always agree to just use your horn powers only, that will slow things down just enough for all to get in a shot to get that scrip yet not enough to slow down the pace. The bosses will still only last about 10 seconds and you will all still scrub them skyways clean. Rinse and repeat as often as you like.

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Here's a new maritime tale that is told within the Vulture community, they find it sad but to me it was funny!

After all those hours wasted guarding the supply room in the Halls of Minos, Julio was finally able to afford a Skiff and a crew!

Julio knew his first mate had to be his friend, Fredo, who had already seen action in the skyway before.
Julio found Fredo on the beach, and curled up in a ball on the sand whimpering to himself no less. "Fredo, what'sa wrong?" Julio said in his awesome Italian Pizza-Maker-Guy-Like accent. "You need to be mya first mate for mea crew, I gota Skiff! Let'sa go!" Fredo looked at Julio with eyes that showed much fear and a loss of sanity. Fredo stood up and looked Julio right in the eye and said: Youa want me to follow you in tha skys? I suppose I owe you for passing off the Shipwright job so I could take it, but.. Fredo put his hands on Julio's shoulders and began to shake him, screaming: "SCRIPS! BEWARE THE SCRIPS! FOR THEA SCRIPS WILL END US ALL!"

Once Julio and Fredo had hired a crew, they began searching for tasks that could earn them money. Julio found a job being sponsored by the Eagle Pirate, Pluton. Julio knew working with pirates as well known in Aquila from Knossos to Ithaca, he'd hank a feared reputation, and fast. When he saw the payment, his beak nearly fell off. 20,000 gold a ship? Julio thought, what does this man earn?

When Julio's fresh, new Skiff arrived at the rendezvous, there was Pluton's ship, Julio's ship, two other Vulture Skiffs, and an Eagle Mercenary Frigate. The the odd fleet set off of their rally point and sailed off to the skies surrounding Knossos.

That night, Julio was sleeping when Fredo screamed, LOUD. "What is it?" Asked Julio. "They're coming! We're doomed!" Fredo screamed. "Whosa coming?" Julio asked. "The SCRIP HORDE!" Fredo screamed so loudly that the rest of the convoy was awakened by the racket.

Then, Julio saw it.

To be continued...

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 20

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
wanted468 on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
Here's a new maritime tale that is told within the Vulture community, they find it sad but to me it was funny!

After all those hours wasted guarding the supply room in the Halls of Minos, Julio was finally able to afford a Skiff and a crew!

Julio knew his first mate had to be his friend, Fredo, who had already seen action in the skyway before.
Julio found Fredo on the beach, and curled up in a ball on the sand whimpering to himself no less. "Fredo, what'sa wrong?" Julio said in his awesome Italian Pizza-Maker-Guy-Like accent. "You need to be mya first mate for mea crew, I gota Skiff! Let'sa go!" Fredo looked at Julio with eyes that showed much fear and a loss of sanity. Fredo stood up and looked Julio right in the eye and said: Youa want me to follow you in tha skys? I suppose I owe you for passing off the Shipwright job so I could take it, but.. Fredo put his hands on Julio's shoulders and began to shake him, screaming: "SCRIPS! BEWARE THE SCRIPS! FOR THEA SCRIPS WILL END US ALL!"

Once Julio and Fredo had hired a crew, they began searching for tasks that could earn them money. Julio found a job being sponsored by the Eagle Pirate, Pluton. Julio knew working with pirates as well known in Aquila from Knossos to Ithaca, he'd hank a feared reputation, and fast. When he saw the payment, his beak nearly fell off. 20,000 gold a ship? Julio thought, what does this man earn?

When Julio's fresh, new Skiff arrived at the rendezvous, there was Pluton's ship, Julio's ship, two other Vulture Skiffs, and an Eagle Mercenary Frigate. The the odd fleet set off of their rally point and sailed off to the skies surrounding Knossos.

That night, Julio was sleeping when Fredo screamed, LOUD. "What is it?" Asked Julio. "They're coming! We're doomed!" Fredo screamed. "Whosa coming?" Julio asked. "The SCRIP HORDE!" Fredo screamed so loudly that the rest of the convoy was awakened by the racket.

Then, Julio saw it.

To be continued...

Marcus Davenport, lvl 20
Part two of this Scrip-desiring ruthless tale

There were tons of them, human piloted Pirate ships. Aquilan Galleons and Skiffs, several Marleybonian Galleons, a Bison Skiff, surprisingly and a Halloween Galleon: all full of pirates chanting: "Scrips! Scrips! Scrips!" Fredo was literally having a meltdown right there on the deck, the rest of Julio's crew scrambling half asleep to their battle positions.

Then, it happened...

The convoy fell into the range of the ominous pirate fleet, and a crazed barrage of heckfire smashed into the small, unsuspecting fleet. Krakens, Electrified Cephalopod Tentacles, Greek Fire, and a Verdant Dragon attack ships power bombarded a wave of power onto Pluton's Convoy. Pluton's Galleon went first, after 7 seconds flat his ship went from Galleon to shreds with the hope of finding Scrip among the wreckage. Then, 11 seconds later, the Eagle Frigate exploded with attacks from the Scrip-Thirsty Pirates. After another 18 seconds, the pirates turned their eyes (or in some cases, eye, since two had eye patches) towards Julio's ships. Before a blinding light of powers slammed into Julio's ship, Fredo screamed, then..

SLAM!

It was all a blur, the next thing Julio knew, his ship had fallen through and into the Outer Dark, into the unknown...

Marcus Davenport, lvl 22