Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Below Decks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 04, 2013
This idea is truly amazing.

I totally agree. This would be a very nice touch. When you steering you ship and just watching around the skyway as you cruise there should be a place you can go to your ship and relax.

Sincerely,
Kai

Ensign
Dec 19, 2008
i think it would be nice to have captains quarters on ships because not all people have the houses except for bunk houses and there maybe you can upgrade you r ship besides buying armor like companion points but for ships so you can pick certain topics to improve upon your ship like turning besides sails and like when you can upgrade your ship it will change its style not like from pirate to monquistor but like you can change like different style so like on marleybonian you have a golden bone you can change it to have a yin yang sign so each and every ship can have its own look and you can do that in the captains quarters so they have a place where only the owner of that ship can go to change the apperance of thier own ship like a tavern so only that person can go in there

Ensign
Dec 19, 2008
JackieFinder37 on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
I think it would be very cool to be able to go below deck on our ships. Instead of a door that leads nowhere on our ships, the door could lead below deck. Having this room below our ships would be a great addition to the game. It could either be a fixed room or work like a house and allow customization.

People in this room would not automatically join on deck battles until they exited the room. Although, they would be sent to harbor if the battle on deck was lost.

Even further, this below deck room could be different on every ship. Some rooms could be musty "Storage Style Rooms" areas or "Luxury Style Rooms". The "style" of the room could either be decided by the ship you own or by "upgrading" the below deck room using gold.

Does anyone agree with me on this?
I think this would be a great idea because you have those people that want to party while they are going somewhere so that would be a neat idea. I think that it would also be an upgrade to have a ladder going down to the cannons so people can also manually shoot the cannons besides the captains or like a capsule door in the front of the ship to lead down there.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
John GoldVault on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
I think this would be a great idea because you have those people that want to party while they are going somewhere so that would be a neat idea. I think that it would also be an upgrade to have a ladder going down to the cannons so people can also manually shoot the cannons besides the captains or like a capsule door in the front of the ship to lead down there.
I don't know about "partying" but I'd like to have an area on my ship that is bigger than a dorm room but not have to spend a ridonkulous amount of gold on a "house" that doesn't do anything.

I'm a Pirate, I'd rather be in the Skyways anyway.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
If this idea is implemented--and I think it should be--I think it would be nice to have access to your bank from your captain's quarters. If not that, then have a mini-bank, maybe called a "stash" that would have more limited room than your normal bank. It would still be nice to have access to your shared bank.

I realize that it isn't that much trouble to zip back to your home to access your bank if you only use the dorm room, but if you have a purchased house, it is annoying to have to travel across the property to get to your bank. Having access to some type of storage from your ship would definitely be a nice touch. :-)

I've also liked the idea of having friends shoot cannons during ship combat, but it would change the ship-to-ship combat quite a lot. If that is implemented (it seems a logical expansion to me, since I've played games that use it), it should also be an option for the captain to use the cannon if they want to, but can't make it too much harder for those who don't want to or don't have friends available to shoot cannons. Anyway, that idea deserves its own thread. (Maybe there is one, I haven't looked.)

Captain
May 02, 2009
[If it has not been already stated] you should be able to decorate your captains quarters with desks, candles, self-portraits (we're pirates, are we not?) things like that.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
I think that the captains quarters on the ship is a great idea and if you own a house you should also be able to get to the captains quarters on the ship as well. Also you should be able to park a ship at the house and leave it there and use it for extra furniture space, picking up all the stuff on deck of the ship when you bottle it.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
As much as I think having captain's quarters on your ship is a great idea, I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

Who would buy a house if you could have it on your ship?

What would happen to all your furniture if your ship got sunk? (especially if your bank and bags were full at the time).

Ensign
Oct 02, 2012
well when You get killed You lose... nothing. So I don't think there'll be differences.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2009
I think this is a great idea. Actually, when i first got the game, and got my skiff, i thought the door on my ship actually led to a below decks. Whoops. Also, to add to it, i think that the below decks should serve as a "portable" tavern. Your companions would be down there when you needed to talk to them for promotion, and i also like the idea of being able to decorate it as you wish. Just wanted to add my little part to this conversation

Loyal Jason Abott 35
Clever Justin Sharp 15
Fearless Griffin Newton 10

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
DS Devereaux on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
I support this idea! A personalized space under the deck would be great, maybe a tavern-sort of place, too, minus the companion upgrading. They ARE on your ship, aren't they? It would also be fun to get out of a ship battle by sinking the opponent ship, but if you didn't clear tokens, they would take the form of the enemy in your under-deck space! (I don't know, is that a little too much?)

No matter what's implemented, I would love this. Also, whoever mentioned the personalized photos from different books of your journey, I agree too!

D.S. Devereaux
It was me!

Black Rashida Level 50 musketeer

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
JackieFinder37 on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
I think it would be very cool to be able to go below deck on our ships. Instead of a door that leads nowhere on our ships, the door could lead below deck. Having this room below our ships would be a great addition to the game. It could either be a fixed room or work like a house and allow customization.

People in this room would not automatically join on deck battles until they exited the room. Although, they would be sent to harbor if the battle on deck was lost.

Even further, this below deck room could be different on every ship. Some rooms could be musty "Storage Style Rooms" areas or "Luxury Style Rooms". The "style" of the room could either be decided by the ship you own or by "upgrading" the below deck room using gold.

Does anyone agree with me on this?
That would be amazing...

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Maybe companions would have their won rooms each one different depending on the companion. example: Eric jolly's room could look like a farm.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
I LOVE this idea! Everytime I see the door on my Mooshu Galleon I still run into it expecting to be taken into the captains quarters

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I'd really like to see this! However, maybe the decorations will be unique depending on the faction.

Pirate: It would look like a tavern cellar but with multiple rooms, and with decorations to match them in each room.

Monquistan: It would have walls similar to all the ambush places in Puerto Mico for promotions. It would have the Monquistan mini furniture for the room decorations.

Bison: Like the Lodge at Elder Bluff, but extended. It would include the furniture you can get from the vendor Cloud Rider at Bison Village.

Samoorai: A Mooshu tavern cellar, but with multiple rooms. It is decorated with Mooshu housing.

Good idea?

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
(Currently in: Knossos)

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
meg1m on Oct 3, 2012 wrote:
Yar! This would be great for dockside parties
yea it would

lvl 60 bad francessico randal

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
The captain quarters can be ur house and another room can be like a tavern cellar

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Personally, I would like a little sanctum in my ship that my crew could relax in. I'm all for this Idea.

sincerely,

Impish Omar Underwood

Ensign
May 11, 2013
it could replace taverns! when a companion promotes you go there instead of a tavern

Ensign
May 10, 2011
A very great idea! I would love to have a bedroom on my ship! If the ship sinks/loses all the health the furniture will stay there. No worries! - Darling Lily Kelly lvl 13 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tarlac Percy 65