Below Decks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 08, 2010
11
Rhemas on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
How about a beached ship(albeit a Large One) be a pirate home???
they have one, though you needed buy the boochbeard pack to get it

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
JackieFinder37 on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
I think it would be very cool to be able to go below deck on our ships. Instead of a door that leads nowhere on our ships, the door could lead below deck. Having this room below our ships would be a great addition to the game. It could either be a fixed room or work like a house and allow customization.

People in this room would not automatically join on deck battles until they exited the room. Although, they would be sent to harbor if the battle on deck was lost.

Even further, this below deck room could be different on every ship. Some rooms could be musty "Storage Style Rooms" areas or "Luxury Style Rooms". The "style" of the room could either be decided by the ship you own or by "upgrading" the below deck room using gold.

Does anyone agree with me on this?
Tossing my support behind this idea as well. I'd like it to be like the dorm room they give you in game. In fact, instead of the dorm room, why not NOT have a room until you get your first ship?

Pirates are sea-faring people, not land lubbers.

Let us make the room below deck our "home" on our boats. And, as much as I hate to say it, i'd even pay crowns to make it so (Long as it's not an arm and a leg, KI)

Ensign
May 11, 2010
16
Captain
May 02, 2009
525
aaronlightwalker on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Tossing my support behind this idea as well. I'd like it to be like the dorm room they give you in game. In fact, instead of the dorm room, why not NOT have a room until you get your first ship?

Pirates are sea-faring people, not land lubbers.

Let us make the room below deck our "home" on our boats. And, as much as I hate to say it, i'd even pay crowns to make it so (Long as it's not an arm and a leg, KI)
Not to be a party-pooper but your first ship doesn't have a door to go under deck except for that trap door that leads into barrels and not even a monquitador could fit in there.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
79
coolster50 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Not to be a party-pooper but your first ship doesn't have a door to go under deck except for that trap door that leads into barrels and not even a monquitador could fit in there.
OK, technically speaking, a raft is not a ship.

A ship is classified by size or length.
Also it must have a below deck.

Otherwise it is only a boat.

Of course that is in reality.
A game is not reality.

In the game, I don't consider the raft or the first skiff a ship.

My first ship, or what I consider my first ship, is the Galleon, bought in Scrimshaw.

Scrimshaw....
For some reason, I think of "The Black Plague", when I go to Scrimshaw.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
coolster50 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Not to be a party-pooper but your first ship doesn't have a door to go under deck except for that trap door that leads into barrels and not even a monquitador could fit in there.
That's true but, just like in W101 when you had to be a certain level to get your first house, the same could be done with below deck on your ship: you have to wait until you are a certain level to get (or buy) you first ship with a below deck.

Problem solved.

And then make sure every ship had an alternative with a below deck. They could even be separate gold prices, like you pay in real life for a two bedroom or one bedroom apartment. The "two story" would simply cost more than the "one story."

Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
2
Love the idea of the captains quarters on the ship. I would like to see it function like the meeting room in the Tavern basement as an alternative to going to a tavern. Having your crew together in your captains room would seem like a function that the room would be used for on a real ship.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
133
aaronlightwalker on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
That's true but, just like in W101 when you had to be a certain level to get your first house, the same could be done with below deck on your ship: you have to wait until you are a certain level to get (or buy) you first ship with a below deck.

Problem solved.

And then make sure every ship had an alternative with a below deck. They could even be separate gold prices, like you pay in real life for a two bedroom or one bedroom apartment. The "two story" would simply cost more than the "one story."
Not true.I think its way better if we have to be a certain level to even use the below deck on our ships, all ships will have a below deck(but the raft) and you can explore it once you hit the right level.I think if we do use the below deck it be made of only two rooms while unlike when you first started and your on the armada below deck cell there be a room where you can see all your companions out like in the tavern(easy for accepting promotion quests on islands without taverns) and one that is the captain's quarters.A small ship would only have one room which is the room where your companions hitch a ride(and maybe a small captain's quarters), a median would have two rooms which the second one is the captain's quarters, and finally a large size ship would have the option of maybe three rooms with the third be decorated to whatever you chose.

Personally the room where the crew hangs and the captain's quarters will look like depend on what kind of ship class you got, with the captain's quarters decorated with photos of your past adventures from each book and any collected treasure or rewards you gain.KI please tell me what you think on this idea.
Level 50 musketeer

Ensign
Jun 30, 2012
18
I think it's a great Idea But, It could be more like a on-ship tavern for your companons. If anyone thinks I am against the origanal idea,I'm not. Also, I think the size of the under-deck should depend on the ship size(not including the raft, because it is simply not big enough)

-Cunning Thomas Orleans, Captain of Musketeers

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
Musket Captain on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
I think it's a great Idea But, It could be more like a on-ship tavern for your companons. If anyone thinks I am against the origanal idea,I'm not. Also, I think the size of the under-deck should depend on the ship size(not including the raft, because it is simply not big enough)

-Cunning Thomas Orleans, Captain of Musketeers
The closet thing to an on-ship tavern would probably be called a "galley."

And I'm in support of any idea that gives us a below deck. Captain's quarters, crew quarters, doesn't matter what they are called, so long as it happens

But they should be modeled after the type of ship it is. Naval ships could look more military while Bison ships could have a western theme, etc.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2009
10
Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
I support this idea! A personalized space under the deck would be great, maybe a tavern-sort of place, too, minus the companion upgrading. They ARE on your ship, aren't they? It would also be fun to get out of a ship battle by sinking the opponent ship, but if you didn't clear tokens, they would take the form of the enemy in your under-deck space! (I don't know, is that a little too much?)

No matter what's implemented, I would love this. Also, whoever mentioned the personalized photos from different books of your journey, I agree too!

D.S. Devereaux

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
74
I support this idea very much. It's a great one to. It would be really neat and cool to have a below deck. Maybe a window like mention before so you could look out your windows. And maybe even real furniture you can interact with. Like if you dock at a place you could go to your bed and sleep for a while and you would be able to re-gain your health while sleeping. Hey, a pirate needs their sleep! You could also have there own personalize pet place.

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
53
A quick question.

What about bison ships? those ships don't have doors. O.o

Ensign
Dec 14, 2012
9
i am on board with coolster50, the raft doesn't have a door.

i mean, people who have rafts and don't have below decks will probably grow jealous of people who do.

then report to KI about how frigates & galleons have below decks and they don't.

just saying, it's not fair.

Lucas Jackson level 10

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
theprivateers on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
A quick question.

What about bison ships? those ships don't have doors. O.o
I think that, if there were to be a below decks expansion, KI would find a way to help the folks with Bison-origin ships get below decks. They could simply stick a door on, or (even cooler) a trap door. Hey, isn't there something like that on our Bison ships, or am I too hopeful?

D.S. Devereaux

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
Lucas Jackson on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
i am on board with coolster50, the raft doesn't have a door.

i mean, people who have rafts and don't have below decks will probably grow jealous of people who do.

then report to KI about how frigates & galleons have below decks and they don't.

just saying, it's not fair.

Lucas Jackson level 10
Lucas, everybody can upgrade a ship.

It will help encourage people to actually advance in the game to get a ship.

And there is nothing saying they can't retrofit the Bison Galleon to have a door. That would be a simple art design tweak.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
109
I would love this addition, i'm all for it. Maybe our crew members could hang around down there when not in battle?

Ruthless Anthony
level 10 Buccaneer

Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
21
JackieFinder37 on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
I think it would be very cool to be able to go below deck on our ships. Instead of a door that leads nowhere on our ships, the door could lead below deck. Having this room below our ships would be a great addition to the game. It could either be a fixed room or work like a house and allow customization.

People in this room would not automatically join on deck battles until they exited the room. Although, they would be sent to harbor if the battle on deck was lost.

Even further, this below deck room could be different on every ship. Some rooms could be musty "Storage Style Rooms" areas or "Luxury Style Rooms". The "style" of the room could either be decided by the ship you own or by "upgrading" the below deck room using gold.

Does anyone agree with me on this?
GraceEll, I completely agree this is a wonderful idea. However, I think that there shouldn't be one room. I think two rooms would be a better idea. One room as a captain's quarters, the other room could be like a tavern cellar. By being like a tavern cellar, I mean you would see your companions and promote them in there. If you were in a skyway, and the tavern is far away, it would be handy if a room like that was on your ship. Does anyone agree with that It won't be customized, but it will be handy. I was thinking a door in the captain's quarters would lead there.
These are the words of Cautious Joseph, level 9 Privateer.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
21
Lucas Jackson on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
i am on board with coolster50, the raft doesn't have a door.

i mean, people who have rafts and don't have below decks will probably grow jealous of people who do.

then report to KI about how frigates & galleons have below decks and they don't.

just saying, it's not fair.

Lucas Jackson level 10
Cautious Joesph here. Skiffs also have doors. That was all :D

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
187
Nice idea, i approve , you have my ducal seal.

Eccentric Roebrto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
325
JackieFinder37 on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
I think it would be very cool to be able to go below deck on our ships. Instead of a door that leads nowhere on our ships, the door could lead below deck. Having this room below our ships would be a great addition to the game. It could either be a fixed room or work like a house and allow customization.

People in this room would not automatically join on deck battles until they exited the room. Although, they would be sent to harbor if the battle on deck was lost.

Even further, this below deck room could be different on every ship. Some rooms could be musty "Storage Style Rooms" areas or "Luxury Style Rooms". The "style" of the room could either be decided by the ship you own or by "upgrading" the below deck room using gold.

Does anyone agree with me on this?
Awesome idea GraceEll. I think if they added below decks they should put a cannon firing position for players who don't own the ship to help the fire power as well as collecting the tokens.



Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
18
coolster50 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Not to be a party-pooper but your first ship doesn't have a door to go under deck except for that trap door that leads into barrels and not even a monquitador could fit in there.
true so very true you shold also be able to get the gallegeon for a smaller price say about six tousand

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
32
EXACTLY!
I have thought about this since level 9 when I got the second boat given to you in game. I would love to have a below deck that can be customizable like a house it would make my life :D

Ensign
Jul 09, 2010
8
I'm waiting for a Crown Ship that is also my House

I'm fairly happy with my little dorm room for now. What I really want is a ship that IS my house. Like a real pirate ship would be With Captain's quarters, Galley, Storage, Office with maps and books, Officers Mess where all my Companions hang out and I don't need to visit a pub. Crew quarters etc. If they ever let us put pets, mounts & Companions out in a "yard" they could go on deck. And just disappear for battles. (Like the ship parts do now.)

Being a Crown Ship, I'd want it to be automatically upgraded as the character levels up to where they would get a new ship for free or at certain nautical levels where they would normally spend the gold for a new ship. Or at least that when we pay the gold for the new ship, we with the Crown Ship get an automatic upgrade. What would be the point of playing on a gold ship just because it was more powerful than my Crown House Ship?

Crown Ships shouldn't be more powerful than the best available gold ship for the characters level (in case they ever implement my Ship Racing wish then people with only gold ships couldn't be upset they raced against a Crown ship.) The Crown price isn't for a superior ship it's for a House Ship. In fact the name and all the stats and what your allowed to equip could be listed and changed as you go pay for the new upgraded gold ships. So my Crown House Ship would be called a Pirate Skiff sometimes, and a Bison Galleon, or Monquistadore Skiff sometimes depending on who the last vendor I paid for a ship was or what my last accepted reward ship was. I could only equip items available to that ship class. When someone hovered on my equipment they'd see my Stat equivalents not any Crown Ship data.

If for some reason I wanted to change ships I'd also have to unequip my House Ship Deed. If the House Ship Deed is equipped, then only the ship class & stats change on my House Ship as well as what I can equip on it in the way of ship gear.