Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Animals you would like to see as crew

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 31, 2008
I think the world of Grizzleheim has a lot of potential of giving us some cool companions for our crew. I would love to see some bears, wolves, or ravens join our pirate crews if the storyline ever takes us their.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Blind Mew hinted that we will be seeing something related to Grizzleheim in some fashion. Sounds like there it's really possible some bears, wolves, or ravens might show up. I would like one of the Valkyre looking girl bears, or a raven. The ravens are shown mostly as bad guys in Wizard. It might be nice to have a friendly one to show they're not all bad. Good potential for a raven to have an interesting history too, with bad guys in the family.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I don't have any particular world in mind for it to be from, but an iguana crew member could be interesting.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
I don't have any particular world in mind for it to be from, but an iguana crew member could be interesting.
it could attack with its tongue.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
That sounds a bit more like a chameleon, unless there is something I didn't hear about iguana tongues. I thought maybe it could use it's skinny tail in a whip like way or a claw attack. If it was a dressed talking crew member I could see it with a kind of tropical steam-punk look, spikes on it's head and Goggles, Hawaiian shirt and a surprised look.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Since there have been concept drawings, it might already be in the works and stating the obvious, but I like the idea of a gregarious Polaran bear with a Russian accent. A jolly friendly one, rather than dour and gloomy, though I could see a place for that too.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
I hope maybe in polaris there would be reindeer that way one of the reindeer would have a red nose not because it glows or anything its red because that reindeer has been sneezing a lot

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
I would love to see a Mander Sorcerer, named Maku bak Mal. He would be of the Storm Order, and would be a witchdocter. Promotes to Maku bak Mal, Mander Storm Caster and Maku bak Mal, Mander Tornadic Summoner.

I would just like this because based on what happened at the end of Aquila when we went to Marleybone and talk to Mr M, I think we might head to Krokotopia.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
Here's an idea for Polarus crew, a reindeer crew member dressed in a red and white knit hat with tassels and colorful clothes like the Lapplanders wear in Finland. I think that would be fun, the colors against the brown hair, and the antlers rising up around the hat. It could be girl or boy because both kinds of reindeer have horns. I could see the tassels from the hat getting stuck on the antlers during one of the attack animations, which would be funny. Weapons, not sure what would be traditional for that area and depends on which crew type. It could use hooves to punch with if a buccaneer. Very sharp ski pole for a swashbuckler? A witchdoctor might have a gnarled long staff with charms and a troll doll hanging from it. For a musketeer, some kind of sniper rifle or a traditional type bow.
"the doctor

Jan 18, 2014

Animals you would like to see as crew
I hope maybe in polaris there would be reindeer that way one of the reindeer would have a red nose not because it glows or anything its red because that reindeer has been sneezing a lot "
Yup, some real potential for a reindeer crewmember. I can see it now, one of those colorful Nordic hats, nose all glowing red from a cold, occasional sneezes, I'd really like to hear what kind of a voice KI would pick and what personality they would give it.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2013
I would love to see, for pets you could have a baby polar bear. It would be in battles with you and help you out. One minute they would be battling, the next they will look adorable.

Ensign
Jan 09, 2011
I would like to see maybe a hyena or a moose as a companion. Or maybe (this is just something really random) maybe a companion that is a couple or different animals combined, like a griffin, or maybe a wolf/black bear(that would be really cool). Megan Jones level 56 .

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
MusketeerMegan on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
I would love to see, for pets you could have a baby polar bear. It would be in battles with you and help you out. One minute they would be battling, the next they will look adorable.
Welcome to the Message Boards MusketeerMegan. I hope you enjoy our little family of pirates and share advice, news or even a laugh with us. See you in the Spiral!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I would absolutely adore a Coelacanth as a companion :D

It could be a witchdoctor or buccaneer.

(For those that don't know that is a type of fish that is considered to pretty much a living fossil)

Or even a Dolphin or Orca :O
Yeah I always bring of orcas XD they would make great companions

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Coelacanth? Those are very ominous looking fish. Witchdoctor would seem to fit one. If a bucaneer, I would expect it to be tough, scarred, and maybe have an eypatch, looking like it could eat Ratbeard for lunch in one bite.
I say yes to dolphins and orcas. Reminds me of an evil dolphin on "Penguins of Madagasgar". I'd have the dolphin be a swashbuckler, in traditional pirate clothes, above the waist. Rather than add feet like the sharks, I'd have it float like some of the pets do, tail slowly swishing in air.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
I think it would be neat to see a dragon of some kind, or perhaps a drakonian (from Dragonspire). Though the latter could be hard to incorporate since anything to do with the world Dragonspire is kinda off the table. Yes, I know there's Avernus, but there isn't anywhere to land there.
As for dragons, something Mooshu style, perhaps?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
We've seen One Eyed Jack. Any chance at a rabbit companion? Perhaps a female one who knows Jack. Where in the spiral is Jack from?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I found out One-eyed Jack is from Wysteria.
How about a cute little swashbuckling hamster? One who can make big sparkly animae eyes, but gets angry when people see him as little and cute. In the Voyage of the Dawn Treader there is a rodent character that is similar to what I am thinking, but in Pirate the mice and rats are a bit tall, a hamster could be smaller than the guinea pigs.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I was talking to a pirate raised by Mooshu Goat Acrobats. Then I asked myself what would be a good performer crew member from Polaris. Circus! Polaran circus minks, acrobatic, and from a knife throwing act, dressed in shiny silk tunics with trim and Russian style hats. I do hope we get to visit a Polaran circus.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
I don't care on what animals can be crew members. I've already got Nikketa, Madclaw, and Scorpious, so I've got pretty much the animal crew members. I'll always accept a crew member no matter what as every crew member has their style of play. It's always interesting to see what they bring to the table.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
This thread has usually been about ideas for characters that could be new crew. It has included ideas for "animal" ones, as Nikketa and Madclaw are, but mainly it has been animals like Bonnie the fox, Subodai the horse, and Gracie the dog.

If you go somewhere new and find a new talking crew member who wears clothing, (or an "animal" non talking crew member if you thought of one you'd like), of a species we haven't seen in the game before, what would you like it to be? What class? What would it wear? What kind of a history does it have? What personality or quirks? What kind of attacks or powers would it have? Like concept art, you might just have a sketch of an idea, just the animal, or an idea of how it would look, or you might have a whole character with it's look, weapons, character and history worked out.

I just wanted to clarify, because Justin sounded open to interesting new crew, but not so keen on new non talking animals. It's more of a, "what species from the real world would make cool characters that would work well on pirate" list.

One animal that I never saw mentioned on the boards has shown up on the test realm as a non crew NPC. It was a Proboscis Monkey!

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
If anyone has played Wizard, theres a quest for the professor and I would love to get him

(The Doctor)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have not yet given up hope of going to Darkmoor. I would like to see a Gargoyle companion.

Ensign
Jan 09, 2011
Luke Darkrunner on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
If anyone has played Wizard, theres a quest for the professor and I would love to get him

(The Doctor)
Are you talking about the professor in Marleybone, but the phone both thing? If you are, to get the quest from him you have to be like level 74 or 75 (something like that), the storm teacher in ravenwood gives a quest to talk to him about getting a new henchmen. Did this help or were you just asking for someone to help you finish the quest?

Megan Jones level 57

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
This thread has usually been about ideas for characters that could be new crew. It has included ideas for "animal" ones, as Nikketa and Madclaw are, but mainly it has been animals like Bonnie the fox, Subodai the horse, and Gracie the dog.

If you go somewhere new and find a new talking crew member who wears clothing, (or an "animal" non talking crew member if you thought of one you'd like), of a species we haven't seen in the game before, what would you like it to be? What class? What would it wear? What kind of a history does it have? What personality or quirks? What kind of attacks or powers would it have? Like concept art, you might just have a sketch of an idea, just the animal, or an idea of how it would look, or you might have a whole character with it's look, weapons, character and history worked out.

I just wanted to clarify, because Justin sounded open to interesting new crew, but not so keen on new non talking animals. It's more of a, "what species from the real world would make cool characters that would work well on pirate" list.

One animal that I never saw mentioned on the boards has shown up on the test realm as a non crew NPC. It was a Proboscis Monkey!
Well now that you mention it, there is one certain bear from Wizard that I'd like. Baldur (forgot his last name again.) It would fit nicely with Justin story since he was in Grizzleheim, and the funny part was when he was with Baldur's group, Baldur was like his mentor. Baldur would be a Buccaneer class and have the same attire from Wizard.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I don't think they would give us Baldur, because they seem to avoid much direct overlap between the games. He is a very noticable character on Wiz. They would miss him in Wizard City.
I could see them adding a bear very like him though, perhaps a brother or cousin, also sent out to find new areas to trade with, one with a greater desire for pirate adventure.