Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Animals you would like to see as crew

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
There are some great animal characters in this game, but are there any you haven't seen yet that you would like to see? To get the ball rolling, I think badgers would be a natural in this game. They are furry, cute, have distinctive stripes, and a fierce reputation and threatening claws. They live in some of the same areas as foxes, and we all know foxes are already in the spiral. I'd love to pick up a badger companion in a fox and badger Highland village. I see it as a grumpy farmer buccaneer or maybe a witchdoctor with little glasses and a clerical collar. Let us know the animal you would love to see in the spiral.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I hope in Polaris, we might see some seal characters, maybe even some fluffy white baby seals in a village.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Calamity Finch on May 21, 2013 wrote:
I hope in Polaris, we might see some seal characters, maybe even some fluffy white baby seals in a village.
Me in Polaris: Aww!
Fighting Hardest Boss In Polaris: GET THE CUTE SEAL TO ATTACK. * 20 Seconds later * Look adorable again. xD

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 9, 2013 wrote:
There are some great animal characters in this game, but are there any you haven't seen yet that you would like to see? To get the ball rolling, I think badgers would be a natural in this game. They are furry, cute, have distinctive stripes, and a fierce reputation and threatening claws. They live in some of the same areas as foxes, and we all know foxes are already in the spiral. I'd love to pick up a badger companion in a fox and badger Highland village. I see it as a grumpy farmer buccaneer or maybe a witchdoctor with little glasses and a clerical collar. Let us know the animal you would love to see in the spiral.
You know, I've always wanted KI to take Bats and Scorpions and make some NPC's out of them. I don't exactly count Bat Masterson as a bat just yet as he's a Vampire.

I'd always like to see Chameleons, Anteater, and Aardvarks come in as a crew mate or NPC some time.

Lastly, the Panda! I have always yerned for just one -only ONE- Panda NPC somewhere in MooShu or the Spiral. They're just too cool to pass up.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
LOL, great ideas. Love the cute attacking seal. Reminds me a bit of Mustang Sally's attack sealed with a kiss. Somehow I think large starry anime eyes might be involved.
I think a bat as crew would be cool, I could imagine it in clothes. Where do you think it would be from? What class pirate? Having seen aardvarks zoom around chasing each other at the zoo, I think they would be cool as crew. Buckaneer do you think? With a rolling epic attack. Pfffffft, tongue attacks? or casting of spells as a witchdoctor? How would one dress?
Something seems wrong with the "yar" button. I tried to give you yars, but no go.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How are there no pandas in Mooshu? How did they miss that possibility?

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
I'd like to see a porkupine. I don't know exactly what it would do. Maybe a musketeer class, shooting spikes?
Also phoenixes. They're in as a spell in wizard, but I think it would be neat to see them walking around somewhere.
On the baby seal, i think its attack would be Ultamite Adorability. It would smile and there would be a rainbow, then the enemy would faint.
I also agree about the pandas. Maybe they're Mongolians, and the MooShu-ese would be trying to keep them out.
And how about ermine in polaris? I think it would wear a black doublet, and have either a sword or knives.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 24, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think it may have cut a little too close for comfort to another MMO that has a mist-filled world with an eastern Asiatic theme and filled with pandas...

Fair Seas and Following Skies,

~~NoirTheSable

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Someone reminded me badgers live in Avalon in Wizard101, so maybe one will wander into our pirate crews.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Brian Jacques' Redwall series had a lot of great animal characters. I remember the sparrows were very fierce. How about a dashing fierce swashbuckler sparrow with a rapier and dagger. He would be from Marleybone and wear a sleek dark outfit with slashes on sleaves that show crew colors. As an epic attack it would distract the enemy with the rapier, then lunge with the dagger or draw and throw it.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Brian Jacques' Redwall series had a lot of great animal characters. I remember the sparrows were very fierce. How about a dashing fierce swashbuckler sparrow with a rapier and dagger. He would be from Marleybone and wear a sleek dark outfit with slashes on sleaves that show crew colors. As an epic attack it would distract the enemy with the rapier, then lunge with the dagger or draw and throw it.
His name would be... Jack Sparrow! lol I couldn't resist

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, Jack Sparrow would be a natural. I think there are a lot of people who would like to see anything to do with a Jack Sparrow. I didn't think of it, but when I logged in I saw a picture of a hippo in a toga. How cool.
I think a tasmanian devil would be cool in the game, like the real animal. Dark fur, white stripe on chest, ears get red when excited or angry, they do turn in circles and sometimes hold their tails up. Warner Brothers legally enforces their coppyright on "Taz", but the real animal doesn't look a lot like that. The latin name for the animal means Harris's meat lover. How about a buccaneer named Harris Sarcophilus joins the crew? I bet it would look good stomping with it's ears turning red as it charges to attack. If they had some as enemies they could always call them something like pocket wolves. They are marsupials.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
An orangutan, for one. Actually, in general more apes and monkeys - there is a huge variety to choose from.

A mongoose would be another fun one.

Some big cats, like tigers and lions and leopards (likely if Pirates moves to Zafaria at some point).

Good idea for a thread.

-Indigo.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Yes, Jack Sparrow would be a natural. I think there are a lot of people who would like to see anything to do with a Jack Sparrow. I didn't think of it, but when I logged in I saw a picture of a hippo in a toga. How cool.
I think a tasmanian devil would be cool in the game, like the real animal. Dark fur, white stripe on chest, ears get red when excited or angry, they do turn in circles and sometimes hold their tails up. Warner Brothers legally enforces their coppyright on "Taz", but the real animal doesn't look a lot like that. The latin name for the animal means Harris's meat lover. How about a buccaneer named Harris Sarcophilus joins the crew? I bet it would look good stomping with it's ears turning red as it charges to attack. If they had some as enemies they could always call them something like pocket wolves. They are marsupials.
Oh, I'd just love that! Tasmanian Devils would make very efficient Buccaneers for our crew...if they doubt bite the whole crew's heads off. I've been anticpating the day Kingsisle finally goes down under. There's just so much they can do with Australian geography and more importantly: the animals! Kangaroos, Koalas, Wombats, Emus, Wild Dogs, Vipers, and Dingos. Plateaues, the Outback, Red Deserts, the Great Barrier Reef... It's like an idea bouffette! Alas, the Australian-theme doesn't fit or isn't necessary with our Colonial meets Robot take over story or Wizard101's ancient world and all-things-magical themes. But I hold out they look into it as a side story...in 2-3 years...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like the mongoose idea. With their small size, maybe they would make good pets, very speedy ones. Reposte anyone?
Australia seems to have many good animal ideas. I'd add the wallaby too.
There were many great apes in Zafaria, but I don't recall any orangutans yet, so great idea. If they wanted to visit a new area of Asia that would be a natural. I think the "wise man of the forest" would be a great witchdoctor. I'd throw in some tapirs in that area. With their pointed snouts they have an interesting, odd look. I could see them as buckaneers or musketeers.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
3 words people ARM A DILLO you can make them ANYTHING if you think you like armadillos more than me you are wrong

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If you'd like an armadillo crew member, what world would it be from? How would it be dressed? It could be any class, yes, but which would you like to see it as most? For some reason, I find it easy to picture one in a cowboy hat and clothes, wearing a dusty vest. Armadillo Kid anyone, fastest draw in the West?

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
One with an octopus for a face; the tentacles would move about as he talked.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In Wizard101's Celestia there are robots with little domes on the top with a fish inside running the robot. I could see an octopus from Celestia taking one of them and turning pirate. It would be bigger than the fish, just perched on top of the robot, tentacles trailing out, pirate hat perched on it's head (or hat on the glass dome with tentacles exiting access hatches in the dome). The robot body could be wearing a pirate coat. I see it as a buccaneer with a large Celestian style sword.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
Calamity Finch on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Yes. We need pandas. But what I really want to ssssssee isss a ssssnake companion.
A Panda Private and a Ssssswashbuckler Sssnake. Yessss...

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Maybe if they make Krokotopia into a real world, you could get Kroks as companions(yes, I know they have a krokagator pet and mount) But they would be really cool companions. Penguins and polar bears, of course from Polaris. Non-crown shop guinea pig companions.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lily Evans on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Maybe if they make Krokotopia into a real world, you could get Kroks as companions(yes, I know they have a krokagator pet and mount) But they would be really cool companions. Penguins and polar bears, of course from Polaris. Non-crown shop guinea pig companions.
Yes, Krokotopian kroks are very different from krokogaters and would make interesting crew. Given that some aztecasaurs came to the pirate areas from Wizard as very rare crew in a card pack, kroks are a strong possibility. Probably for crowns though, unless and until Krokotopia becomes part of the pirate storyline. I have good news for you on the guinea pig issue. If you make a new pirate, and say the armada got your parents, you will find a guinea pig guard waiting for you in the Presidio. Along with the penguins and polar bears of Polaris, a walrus would make an interesting crewmate. I would put him in a Cossack Russian tunic and a hat. I'd make him either a privateer or a buccaneer. He could kick enemies with his flippers and use tusks and knives to duel..

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If we can get a trickster like Monkey King, maybe we could get another great trickster, the Southwest's Coyote.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Calamity Finch on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
If you'd like an armadillo crew member, what world would it be from? How would it be dressed? It could be any class, yes, but which would you like to see it as most? For some reason, I find it easy to picture one in a cowboy hat and clothes, wearing a dusty vest. Armadillo Kid anyone, fastest draw in the West?
ha easy he would be like Dillon aka the red flash from Dillon's Rolling western he would dress like you said but he would attack by rolling into you with his shell and slashing you with his claws and this would be scientifically accurate because the armadillo in this game is a three banded armadillo the only species of armadillo that can roll into a perfect ball

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 27, 2013 wrote:
I would think his badgers would be better and they could yell EEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA
yes they do yell that in all the books they're in or one of his vermin pirates like rats ferrets stoats ( what ever that is ) or maybe a mouse like martin the warrior or luke and his ship ( martins father ) ya I have read a few of his books