Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbucklers only 2:WITCHDOCTORS BEWARE

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
I know a good strategy for witchdoctors. Although they have powerful ranged attacks, similar to musketeer, they are very weak up close. They often hide behind their companions and shoot mojo blasts and mournsongs at you. A good way to beat them is to rush them when you still got the chance. A swashbuckler acquires the jumpy ability, so use it to jump any obstacles in your first move, and get close enough to kill the witchdoctor. They have low health yet powerful attacks, like the swashbuckler.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
One strategy that works well for me against ranged opponents is to use the sunglasses we get from Sato. I have about 5 pairs of them and I kept one unstitched with it's original transportation power. Once my Swashbuckler 'pops' up next to a Witchy Witch, they are suddenly on the defensive. Use companions that have the Brutal Charge ability. Witchdoctors usually try to hide behind their companions and launch attacks from there. Once you break through their line...you got them.
And then they use Shadow Step, making your work null and void, and then your left to the Witchdoctor's companions. Guys, the game is set up so that there is no better class overall. We all specialize in certain areas.

: Buccaneers can equip the best armor and weapons in the game. They can buff companions with strength ups. They have some attacks which lower stats. However, they can't dodge a lot of attacks, which puts them at a disadvantage should the buccaneer in question be targeted by many foes. While vengeance strike is useful, it only works for so long.
: Musketeers focus on ranged attacks and hitting many opponents at the same time. They also set up traps so it's hard to get close to them. This, unfortunately, makes them a bit frail in combat should somebody get close.
: Privateers focus on buffing, healing, and some attacks. Bomb barrages raining from the sky, to mass heals on everybody, to buffs for their companions. Unfortunately, they don't get a wide variety of moves. They get what they start with and then get better versions of it, making the older power null and void.
: Swashbucklers specialize in dishing out a lot of damage over time. From bleed to poison, the longer match may be the opponents demise. Becoming invisible and doubling your attack when you reappear is a useful skill. However swashbucklers are glass cannons. They can't tank hits very well and could fall from some good attacks.
: Witchdoctors specialize in ranged de-buffs or hexes that also deal damage. They try to wither the opponent way then use their companions to finish them off, or finish them off themselves. While frail up-close, they can shadow step out of trouble and then they have more time to hex you. However, the Shadow Step only works once, so if you can get close to them after that, they're goners.

The PvP is set up so you think and use strategy to beat your opponent no matter who they are or where their school of focus is located. Note I did put more into and . This was intention since we're talking about a war between Swashbucklers and Witchdoctors. My descriptions of other schools or even Swash and Witch are by no means perfect. It's just to give everybody an idea of how each class is good and how they're bad.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Well, it appears my sister has already posted, and as a Musketeer, I can only cheer her on.
Fiona: Me?! or Lily?
Dolan:uhhh....

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
so just wondering, i have a max for both classes

which side am i on?

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
And then they use Shadow Step, making your work null and void, and then your left to the Witchdoctor's companions. Guys, the game is set up so that there is no better class overall. We all specialize in certain areas.

: Buccaneers can equip the best armor and weapons in the game. They can buff companions with strength ups. They have some attacks which lower stats. However, they can't dodge a lot of attacks, which puts them at a disadvantage should the buccaneer in question be targeted by many foes. While vengeance strike is useful, it only works for so long.
: Musketeers focus on ranged attacks and hitting many opponents at the same time. They also set up traps so it's hard to get close to them. This, unfortunately, makes them a bit frail in combat should somebody get close.
: Privateers focus on buffing, healing, and some attacks. Bomb barrages raining from the sky, to mass heals on everybody, to buffs for their companions. Unfortunately, they don't get a wide variety of moves. They get what they start with and then get better versions of it, making the older power null and void.
: Swashbucklers specialize in dishing out a lot of damage over time. From bleed to poison, the longer match may be the opponents demise. Becoming invisible and doubling your attack when you reappear is a useful skill. However swashbucklers are glass cannons. They can't tank hits very well and could fall from some good attacks.
: Witchdoctors specialize in ranged de-buffs or hexes that also deal damage. They try to wither the opponent way then use their companions to finish them off, or finish them off themselves. While frail up-close, they can shadow step out of trouble and then they have more time to hex you. However, the Shadow Step only works once, so if you can get close to them after that, they're goners.

The PvP is set up so you think and use strategy to beat your opponent no matter who they are or where their school of focus is located. Note I did put more into and . This was intention since we're talking about a war between Swashbucklers and Witchdoctors. My descriptions of other schools or even Swash and Witch are by no means perfect. It's just to give everybody an idea of how each class is good and how they're bad.
The Witchdoctor might Shadow Step away...but what about their companions? When I face Witchdoctors in pvp I take down their companions first just like I would against a Privateer or a Musketeer. Only when I face Buccaneers and other Swashbucklers do I attack the pirate first. The reason being? I don't think a Witchdoctor poses much of a threat to my Swashbuckler. Their AoE attacks can hit big once in a while, but I keep my team spread out so it doesn't become a factor. Witchdoctors have Mojo Reaver and Mojo Blade but they have to be standing right next to their target to use it. If your Witch was standing next to my Buckler...you would be done before you had the chance to use either of those powers. Yes Witchdoctors can run...but Swashbucklers can cover a lot of distance so it's only a matter of time and time is one thing you don't have against a Swashbuckler who can do 4,000 damage when their Assassin's Strike goes super. Even a Mega hit would take out most pirates at full health. I have beat Swashbucklers with my Witchdoctor before (but that's because I'm awesome) but I don't recall my Swashbuckler ever being beaten by a Witchdoctor. Who knows? Maybe you could be the first? Stranger things have happened. Maybe.

Ensign
Nov 10, 2014
We'll babe we can hide from witch doc because they can't touch us see

But you might have get rid of the min

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
Arr, a little hoodoo math for ye:
If ye be facin' 4 Witchdoctors in the Brawlin' Hall, and each Witchdoctor has two Stygian Chorus powers that summon 5 Skeletal Hoplites each, how many skeletons do ye have to fight? The answer? Too many! Let's see ye take on 40 skeletons while being shot at from afar, yar har.
Hoodoo Rules!

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Rise unknown name christmas treant (I bought one though it was on my moms computer which doesn't run pirate101 very good.. i could barely move around on it so i never got the chance to see my treants name) And.. attack the witchdoctors!.. El toro prepare for war And uh.. Samocles Charge!

Anyway no class is better then the other (Or better then all) They all have there weaknesses and strengths

-Thrifty Tristan Thatcher Level 65 Swashbuckler with an angry eagle who keeps saying "I am the son of zeus!" And a gladiator eagle running around doing massive damage and a treant that has no name

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Robobot1747 on Dec 26, 2014 wrote:
Arr, a little hoodoo math for ye:
If ye be facin' 4 Witchdoctors in the Brawlin' Hall, and each Witchdoctor has two Stygian Chorus powers that summon 5 Skeletal Hoplites each, how many skeletons do ye have to fight? The answer? Too many! Let's see ye take on 40 skeletons while being shot at from afar, yar har.
Hoodoo Rules!
Yarr, those Skeletal Hoplites can't even hit my Swashbuckler because my dodge is too high for them lol. They don't even slow me down. There could be a hundred of them and I probably wouldn't lose a single health point and with my range of movement I can easily scoot around them and then...it's just you and me. Also I have five hiddens in my bag of tricks so you can't target me with your long range attacks unless I am too close to a targetable unit (sometimes I hate pets) and you use an AoE attack. The same goes for the Terra Cotta warriors the Moo Manchu robe gives. People throw them out there in pvp and think it's gonna save them from me. All it does is delay the inevitable. :D

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
Yarr, those Skeletal Hoplites can't even hit my Swashbuckler because my dodge is too high for them lol. They don't even slow me down. There could be a hundred of them and I probably wouldn't lose a single health point and with my range of movement I can easily scoot around them and then...it's just you and me. Also I have five hiddens in my bag of tricks so you can't target me with your long range attacks unless I am too close to a targetable unit (sometimes I hate pets) and you use an AoE attack. The same goes for the Terra Cotta warriors the Moo Manchu robe gives. People throw them out there in pvp and think it's gonna save them from me. All it does is delay the inevitable. :D
Really? Only 5 hiddens? I'm a witchdoctor and I have almost as many...

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Watch out if we have gear from MooManchu, some of the gear gives us our most powerful spells, so we don't run out.

We are quite tricky aren't we?

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
What is it with these swash vs. Witch wars? All the other classes are fine, it's just swash and witch!

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
What is it with these swash vs witch wars. Most other classes dont have any topics like this, it is just swash and witch!

-Careful Jeremy Burke Lvl 54
Dishonest Evan Keelson Lvl 22
Hunter Lvl 15 (Deleted)
I did the character thing just for this

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
SWASHBUCKLERS BEWARE!!!Carcar(carcarius grimtooth) and othercompanions are just as boss as bucklers!!

Reckless Austin Strong,certified witchdoctor

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
thatonevalenciansw... on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Attention everyone in pirate101 i declare a pvp swashbuckler vs. witchdoctor war and we will need a strategy against witchdoctors so please give us strategies against the witch menace
silver joseph vane
Considering that Swashbucklers are usually stronger,I don't see the in needing to "stategize"

Reckless Austin Strong ~Tower Titan~

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
Scarlet walks in looking at the mob of witchdoctors and swashbucklers. Scarlet slowly backs away to her loneliness corner.