Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Player Buccaneers Still Need Some more Love

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
If.."Buccs are supposed to be Tank characters - doesnt that mean they should be equipped with all the means to charge head long into battle with many enemies pounding on them, yet only taking minimal damage?" How would anyone beat them? Seems a little one sided to me.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Lots of ways to defeat a buccaneer that I know I have versed heaps of buccaneers in pvp and pve there is a strategy I call this strategy mournsong ahh and mojo reaver I defeated alvl50 pirate captain with mojo reavers and mournsong and I'm lvl 33

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Captain
May 13, 2011
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
If.."Buccs are supposed to be Tank characters - doesnt that mean they should be equipped with all the means to charge head long into battle with many enemies pounding on them, yet only taking minimal damage?" How would anyone beat them? Seems a little one sided to me.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
we bucs cant defend very well against magic or bleeds, yet were supposed to be tanks. how am i supposed to cover my teammates if i cant stand magic?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
we bucs cant defend very well against magic or bleeds, yet were supposed to be tanks. how am i supposed to cover my teammates if i cant stand magic?
Could you imagine a tough guy standing on that rock heavily armored with his axe in the air being able to resist magic and bleeding no just get resistance you have enough health
I just realized I have 1521health and some of my companions arnt even over 1000

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
Lots of ways to defeat a buccaneer that I know I have versed heaps of buccaneers in pvp and pve there is a strategy I call this strategy mournsong ahh and mojo reaver I defeated alvl50 pirate captain with mojo reavers and mournsong and I'm lvl 33
You dont get Mournsong until level 40, so how is this possible?

Jacob

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
BrownBeard094 on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
You dont get Mournsong until level 40, so how is this possible?

Jacob
Ha someone hasn't played on there witchdoctor for awhile vadima gives you this quest at lvl 27 and you get mourning as a reward

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I have a And I do terrible at pvp. Doesn't mean KI should help me out (would be cool but not necessary) I'm just horrible at pvp. I do good in battles and that's all that matters. Buccaneers however do get frowned on in pvp. In my opinion we just need relentless, that's all. Not top rank just rank 1. I have a feeling that most of you who are on this and saying bad things about us are And don't want us to whoop you. You want to remain king class. That's reasonable. If I was king class I would want to keep that title. But buccaneers aren't really unique. Pretty much all are spells can be farmed. We try and you know it but you don't want to admit it but we do. We can take damage but we also need to give some back. It can't be like this Here take five hundred damage Okay here take one hundred Take another five hundred Epic yay take three hundred Epic yay take a thousand oops your DEAD. See what we're trying to say. We need to give out more damage. I have a lvl fifty five sword. It has slashy smashy and strength bonus. At best normal attack it does like eighty. I see you swashbucklers at worst doing eighty same lvl to. Your attacks are ridiculously strong. Some of us need help but others don't. Just respect that you have a terribly unfair advantage and that we are like a fly trapped in a web and you enjoy destroying us even though we didn't do anything to you

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
firestarter750 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Buccaneers are horrible in PvP ....
whaaa
i'm just a lvl 35 buccaneer and i beat a lvl 42 easily.
i only lost once because of a beginner group.
are best at pvp at my opinion
too bad pvp is useless though, but it's fun
u all
jamal heath lvl 35

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
I have a And I do terrible at pvp. Doesn't mean KI should help me out (would be cool but not necessary) I'm just horrible at pvp. I do good in battles and that's all that matters. Buccaneers however do get frowned on in pvp. In my opinion we just need relentless, that's all. Not top rank just rank 1. I have a feeling that most of you who are on this and saying bad things about us are And don't want us to whoop you. You want to remain king class. That's reasonable. If I was king class I would want to keep that title. But buccaneers aren't really unique. Pretty much all are spells can be farmed. We try and you know it but you don't want to admit it but we do. We can take damage but we also need to give some back. It can't be like this Here take five hundred damage Okay here take one hundred Take another five hundred Epic yay take three hundred Epic yay take a thousand oops your DEAD. See what we're trying to say. We need to give out more damage. I have a lvl fifty five sword. It has slashy smashy and strength bonus. At best normal attack it does like eighty. I see you swashbucklers at worst doing eighty same lvl to. Your attacks are ridiculously strong. Some of us need help but others don't. Just respect that you have a terribly unfair advantage and that we are like a fly trapped in a web and you enjoy destroying us even though we didn't do anything to you
Didn't you see this a long time ago swashies are buccaneer killers you guys are musketeers killers musketeers are withcdoctor killers witchdoctors are privateer killers and privateers are all looking you don't need relentless just get hidden and sneak attack assassins strike and backstab since they will hit it removes the point of being untouchable since they have no health

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Ha someone hasn't played on there witchdoctor for awhile vadima gives you this quest at lvl 27 and you get mourning as a reward
No, there is no lvl 27 quest for Witchdocters for Moursong. My Witch recieved it at lvl 40, like I said. And besides, he just got to lvl 40 and recieved it.

Jacob

Wicked Warwick, the guy who knows when Witches get Moursong

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Nvm, it's at lvl 25, but I still did not recieve the quest until I reached lvl 40. We were both wrong lol.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I definitely think that Buccs still need some improving. They definitely need to be targeted more often and need more protection. How come Sarah is the first one that dies in every battle? Why not Gaspard or Ratbeard? I think Privateers companions need more work too. They need to be targeted less and have more armor from the get-go. I'm fine with their damage because I give them as many rough talents as I can, but they are the second companion class that dies in a battle. I have learned that unless you have another pirate battling with you, at least 90% of the time, one of your companions will die, especially after Mooshu.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
I definitely think that Buccs still need some improving. They definitely need to be targeted more often and need more protection. How come Sarah is the first one that dies in every battle? Why not Gaspard or Ratbeard? I think Privateers companions need more work too. They need to be targeted less and have more armor from the get-go. I'm fine with their damage because I give them as many rough talents as I can, but they are the second companion class that dies in a battle. I have learned that unless you have another pirate battling with you, at least 90% of the time, one of your companions will die, especially after Mooshu.
So often we forget that having a companion knocked out is not necessarily a bad thing. The fights are not designed for us to sail through with no tough damage or having us have it so easy we don't have to pay attention. As long as one of you survives and wins the fight the fight is a WIN. A hard won fight is one with the best reward. That is why we are given so many companions, so we can have the choice of who to take the damage for us so others can dish it out. It's all part of the strategy. Reviving them at the closest fountain is not so much of a hardship for a hard battle well won. Maybe it will help to remember that no one dies here. They are just temporarily knocked out. Just brush them off and give them a hug and you are ready to go for the next challenge.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
Speed Switch on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
hmm, sounds like a guy who used to be happy tromping on buccaneers but is now getting creamed by them, therefore wants them nerfed....

Xavier
Hmm, no where did I say I want them nerfed. My point was the amount of buffs they received is unnecessary because one of the things that made the class-lacking were buffs. The buffs system is something that does need to be looked at.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Lucas Walker on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, no where did I say I want them nerfed. My point was the amount of buffs they received is unnecessary because one of the things that made the class-lacking were buffs. The buffs system is something that does need to be looked at.
should be like in Wizard101, where the same card can't stack on the same card or else you would just have max numbers of the same blade in your deck where you would simply stack the same card on top of itself many times over and then hit to have insane damage.... that is what stacking the same card does in Pirate101, it makes whatever is stacked as such insane