Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

High Levels Are Getting Full of Themselves

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
Hello everyone! This has happened to me a few times..... I'll be standing in the brawling hall and a level 65 (or 57 or whatever- a high level!) will come in and be like: "Who wants to pvp me? I'll pwn you!" Or something like that. Enough's enough! Everyone was a low level at some point. And there's more than one high leveled person in the game, correct? So why don't we just calm down...... I know it's fun to pvp and win pvp battles. Yeah, yeah. Come on guys. There's no need to brag that your stronger than some of the rest if us. Lets settle down.

Rachel - Level 38

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I'd have to agree (even though I'm one of those 'higher lvl' people). I don't brag or anything (though I am good, lol jk)... I've ran into too many braggers, and I hate to say this, but I don't believe that'll ever stop. It's kinda like how every school I've gone to works. It starts out in Middle School as a 4th grader, and the 8th graders are bragging cause they're top dog. Then 4 years pass, and now you're top dog (or in KI's case, Maxed)

Then you graduate (or in this case, KI adds another chapter to the game), then you're on the bottom again. Eventually 4 more years will pass and you'll be an Senior and once again top dog (meaning you've Maxed). And the cycle repeats...

Not sure if that made a lick of sense to anybody else, but it made sense to me, lol

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Yes I know that and I'm a high level and I have a different experience none of my friends want to help me when I need it only a few like sneaky wolf Ironside. Also Shannon paisley and bloody David Orleans. See you in the spiral romantic rebbeca ivring level 63 .

Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
Hi Rachel. I know exactly how you feel. Some high levels do need to turn it down a notch. However, as a high level player myself, it occurs to me that maybe their saying these things is to get people motivated to beat them. However, no matter what, pvp is meant to be fun. Fighting the higher levels might give you insight to future opponents and skill level.

Bye,

Cunning Orion Moon

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I have to agree. Although I am a high level myself, I take no offense.

High level braggers, do you remember the time when you were in the shoes of the low level people? Have other high level people ever bragged to you about their high level? Did it feel good to have those people rub it in your face? If it didn't, why are you doing it now?

I believe that high level people are supposed to help the lower levels grow into the high levels. High levels should be mentors to the lower levels. Though of course, that is just my opinion.

If you're not mentoring, you should at least be encouraging the lower levels.

Please keep this in mind fellow high levels.

~Quick Pearl lvl. 62

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I wear low lvl clothing like cool ranch gear, so that the high lvl people get surprised in pvp when they are facing a max lvl highly farmed privateer because they didn't bother to look at my stats, the expression on their characters faces stays the same its hilarious

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
Quick Pearl on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree. Although I am a high level myself, I take no offense.

High level braggers, do you remember the time when you were in the shoes of the low level people? Have other high level people ever bragged to you about their high level? Did it feel good to have those people rub it in your face? If it didn't, why are you doing it now?

I believe that high level people are supposed to help the lower levels grow into the high levels. High levels should be mentors to the lower levels. Though of course, that is just my opinion.

If you're not mentoring, you should at least be encouraging the lower levels.

Please keep this in mind fellow high levels.

~Quick Pearl lvl. 62
I totally agree with this. My max is currently at lvl 50 (15 levels below the current max) and I don't brag to the really low leveled people. Look high lvls: rather than rubbing in the faces of lower lvls how good you are compared to them, why not just show some kindness to the lower lvls and help them on their quests. That way, you can still show them how good you are, but not in like a bragging "in your face" pvp beating of them. All in all, but kind to the lower lvls, and they might be kind to other lower lvl players when they get to high lvls like you are.

See ye around the Spiral and Skyway
Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 50 Buccaneer
Wordy Paul Jackson, lvl 9 Witchdoctor
Quick Aedan Jackson, lvl 9 Swashbuckler
Loyal Oran Jackson, lvl 9 Privateer
Connor Jackson, lvl 9 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
I admit i'm one of those level 65 who brag but i all ways win i don't join in less their another high level or at least a level 50

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
I am also a high level myself, but I don't brag to lower levels. I sometimes get upset when other people make fun of them. Not cool. If you think you can beat them all the time and they are too easy for you, go somewhere else! Everyone has been a low level before so don't make fun of the one's who have just started playing. They could have a higher level than your pirate, that is just another one they have made. Help them become legends like you're pirate than no one will make fun. If high level's read this section, learn from it and start behaving like real
pirates. Don't show off anymore.
Jenna-

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I am level 53 and I don't brag very often but for some reason when I do it feels very fun knowing that you can crush them and show off but your right Every pro was once a beginner as some kind of saying goes like I said I don't do this a lot but for people who do this 24/7 need to stop and just play the game and have fun

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
I don't think it's the fact that the person is a high leveled player that they brag. Many people just have big egos and if you're unfortunate enough to run into a person with a big ego, you're in for a bad experience.

Don't blame it on level entirely. If it was because of level, the majority, if not all high levels would brag. The person behind the character is at blame. It's their personality. Being high-leveled just helps them get their point along a lot easier.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
Lucas Walker on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
I don't think it's the fact that the person is a high leveled player that they brag. Many people just have big egos and if you're unfortunate enough to run into a person with a big ego, you're in for a bad experience.

Don't blame it on level entirely. If it was because of level, the majority, if not all high levels would brag. The person behind the character is at blame. It's their personality. Being high-leveled just helps them get their point along a lot easier.
I'm not blaming it on their level. If that was so, pretty soon I'd start bragging because I'm getting to be a high level. But you don't just see level 15s running around bragging either. I'm not blaming it on the level, and I'm not saying everyone does it. I apologize if it came across that way.

Rachel - Level 43

Ensign
Jul 26, 2011
Oh I completely agree with you. When I was a level 60 in the pvp I asked a guy if he wanted to pvp and he's like "oh no i'd win...look at my level" Yeah sure he's 65 but it's not that far off from where I was like sheesh I still have a chance. But I also don't really like the way pvp is set up; wish it was more like Wizard101 where you can actually battle more equally and choose what levels you want to battle against.

Alura Parker Lvl 63

Ensign
Jan 08, 2013
high levels are geting full of them selfs

Ensign
Mar 17, 2011
I have to agree with high lvl getting full of them self's I have ask the game to put these in before a pvp thing so low lvl and middle lvl and high lvl can at lest pick what lvl they want to battle so it not like as soon as a high lvl walk in it not fun for the rest of us it be fair because we could chose what lvl we wanted in are battle and how many like 2v2 1v1 3v3 or 4v4 I mean it not fun to have to give up you fun as soon as a big lvl comes in only wanting to vs lower lvl's but with that pvp thing I suggested maybe we will be able to vs are own lvl and get to see more then the same old battle field over and over

Ensign
Dec 17, 2012
rachel let me explain you what happens with max lvl when they were low lvl they got laughed way too many times then when they reach max lvl they want to do the exact same thing to low lvls i am a max lvl myself but i counsider this dumb its like bullying but in the game

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I actually feel like this relates to me. I usually avoid the PvP circuit, but I still uphold my high level and rare high level gear to kinda defend the lower levels. when I'm not doing anything, I'll put on my shades and hang out in the corner of the brawlin' hall and watch the situation. when I see a high level PvP nut bullying the lower levels, I step in and defend the defenseless. I usually will defeat the high level and switch realms, to stay mysterious. The best example I can think of for my self is Protoman (from the Megaman series) how he pops in, helps out, then vanishes when the deed is done. It gives me the joy of helping others, while still being able to avoid friend request and drama.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Elemutation on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
I actually feel like this relates to me. I usually avoid the PvP circuit, but I still uphold my high level and rare high level gear to kinda defend the lower levels. when I'm not doing anything, I'll put on my shades and hang out in the corner of the brawlin' hall and watch the situation. when I see a high level PvP nut bullying the lower levels, I step in and defend the defenseless. I usually will defeat the high level and switch realms, to stay mysterious. The best example I can think of for my self is Protoman (from the Megaman series) how he pops in, helps out, then vanishes when the deed is done. It gives me the joy of helping others, while still being able to avoid friend request and drama.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65
Spoken like a true hero. x Deeply bows to x

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
I'm max level but I never do that. I don't see the point and I even don't do pvps! Well...except when my friends challenge me.
Anyway, I'm not using my level to brag, but to help other players go trough the storyline. Some of the higher lvl do sometimes cross the line.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
maxpain18 on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
rachel let me explain you what happens with max lvl when they were low lvl they got laughed way too many times then when they reach max lvl they want to do the exact same thing to low lvls i am a max lvl myself but i counsider this dumb its like bullying but in the game
Exactly! That's exactly what happens! It's like this whole big cycle. The high levels start telling the low levels that they'd beat them in one round or whatever. Eventually, those low levels become high levels and then they do it!
When I was just beginning, it didn't really hurt my feelings to be called a noob. It just got annoying.

Rachel - Level 48

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone! This has happened to me a few times..... I'll be standing in the brawling hall and a level 65 (or 57 or whatever- a high level!) will come in and be like: "Who wants to pvp me? I'll pwn you!" Or something like that. Enough's enough! Everyone was a low level at some point. And there's more than one high leveled person in the game, correct? So why don't we just calm down...... I know it's fun to pvp and win pvp battles. Yeah, yeah. Come on guys. There's no need to brag that your stronger than some of the rest if us. Lets settle down.

Rachel - Level 38
I am max level privateer and they still call me noob.
I agree with what you are saying but remember there are some of us who dont do that.

Au'revoir mon amie.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
I agree with all of this and I also defend the weak then disappear but I am always found in low class clothing for a diguise but when a bragger challenges me its on but I would never brag about level strength or nothing I just like to help all other low leveled players to become maxed out soldiers so to all who help the needy I salute to you
unknown level ?

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
noahdd on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
I am max level privateer and they still call me noob.
I agree with what you are saying but remember there are some of us who dont do that.

Au'revoir mon amie.
Same. I was in 'weak' looking clothing (but still had my mount equipped), and this guy came up, calling me a noob... I think his name was Hunter-something (sheesh, lots of Hunters in this game )

I'm maxed. When I looked at the guy calling me a noob, he was only around level 46 or 47-ish...

Subodai~ He does realize what he's doing, right?

Hunter-something~ I challenge you to a fight, noob! PvP, you and me! Scared? You should be, you noob... bla da bla da bla de bla...

Hawkules~ I know not what this young warrior is saying, but if he wants to fight, lets!

Ratbeard~ Aye Captain. Let's give it to him...

Me~ No wait, wait... let him dig himself a little deeper in his grave...

Hunter-something~ I'll kill you in one hit, bla bla, PvP, bla bla bla, I bet you fight just like a girl, bla bla, you gonna log off now like a little girl and cry? Bla bla bla, let's PvP!

Bonnie~ I'm gonna shoot him right between the eyes...

Anyone willing to place their bets on who won..?

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
Yeah, I just stand back and wait for an equal opponent, otherwise it's just boring. It's rough being a youngling these days though. No country for low levels.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Wolf Ashbur... on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
I agree with all of this and I also defend the weak then disappear but I am always found in low class clothing for a diguise but when a bragger challenges me its on but I would never brag about level strength or nothing I just like to help all other low leveled players to become maxed out soldiers so to all who help the needy I salute to you
unknown level ?
Welcome to the message boards Wolf Ashburn. We are here also to help other pirates so you are gonna fit right in. We love to imagine and come up with now ideas to share and most of all we love to make each other laugh. Welcome to the family.