High Levels Are Getting Full of Themselves

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Bloody Belle on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
Same. I was in 'weak' looking clothing (but still had my mount equipped), and this guy came up, calling me a noob... I think his name was Hunter-something (sheesh, lots of Hunters in this game )

I'm maxed. When I looked at the guy calling me a noob, he was only around level 46 or 47-ish...

Subodai~ He does realize what he's doing, right?

Hunter-something~ I challenge you to a fight, noob! PvP, you and me! Scared? You should be, you noob... bla da bla da bla de bla...

Hawkules~ I know not what this young warrior is saying, but if he wants to fight, lets!

Ratbeard~ Aye Captain. Let's give it to him...

Me~ No wait, wait... let him dig himself a little deeper in his grave...

Hunter-something~ I'll kill you in one hit, bla bla, PvP, bla bla bla, I bet you fight just like a girl, bla bla, you gonna log off now like a little girl and cry? Bla bla bla, let's PvP!

Bonnie~ I'm gonna shoot him right between the eyes...

Anyone willing to place their bets on who won..?
Oh now that I wish I could have seen lol. Such a serving of humble pie. Oh to have been the barkeep in that room lol.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
207
noahdd on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
I am max level privateer and they still call me noob.
I agree with what you are saying but remember there are some of us who dont do that.

Au'revoir mon amie.
Yep. I have a great amount of respect for those high levels who don't Brahe about their strengths. I know it can be hard to resist the urge.... .......... ............. x stares off into space, watching a level two about to join a PvP match...x
Old Scratch: "Captain, my Captain?"
Me: OH! Hahahah..... Heeeee..... x puts away level 50 sword x Heheh.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
419
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Oh now that I wish I could have seen lol. Such a serving of humble pie. Oh to have been the barkeep in that room lol.
I wish...

The second he saw my lvl, he said some stuff (which I won't repeat, but it went along the lines of cheater), then left! Of all the nerve, but I will say this... the 'filters' this game has aren't as secure as I thought they were...

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
They are. I was going in to a pvp, and a bunch of high level started to defeat newer players, left and right! I was so angry I joined a pvp. I had newer players at my side, and we were all going for the same enemy. We lost, of course, and they started calling me a noob!!!!!! one said he could defeat a max level person at my level without help!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Bloody Belle on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
I wish...

The second he saw my lvl, he said some stuff (which I won't repeat, but it went along the lines of cheater), then left! Of all the nerve, but I will say this... the 'filters' this game has aren't as secure as I thought they were...
I do hope you reported him.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
pirate101 lover on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
They are. I was going in to a pvp, and a bunch of high level started to defeat newer players, left and right! I was so angry I joined a pvp. I had newer players at my side, and we were all going for the same enemy. We lost, of course, and they started calling me a noob!!!!!! one said he could defeat a max level person at my level without help!!!!
Of course, not all that have text chat are mean and rude. When I met some high level pirates, ( at level 33 or something like that ) they treated me like their own. Then OTHER pirates HAD to call people noobs just because they are new to the game!!!!!!!! I mean come on, we were ALL new to the games at one point in time, and how would they feel if people started calling THEM rude names!!!! They also said they were the greatest and ran off. I guess they didn't want me reporting them.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
184
I agree! High levels are really getting full of themselves. Even though i'm level 45, i honestly have a long way to go
and it will be a LONG time until i'm done with Mooshu. I have two really low level characters. I haven't really payed attention to them. I have Red Katie, lvl 9 musketeer, and Dashing Sage, lvl 7 privateer. We were all in Avery's Court still at one time. And it's fun go back and make new characters. Or at least i think so. Thanks for making this post. I think a lot of us wanted to say this.

Ciao for now,
Silver Fiona

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
im level 42 and i think im just above mid level and iv NEVER said noob! my age is under 18 so i dont have free chat.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
51
i agree to this topic high lvls really brags with no end really gets on my nervs. i may be a high lvl but at least i don't boast every time i do pvp battle

bold Eric vane lvl 44

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Yeah it's too much now I'm lvl 24 and I help out people alot you can find me in maka motls village find me there and I help you out with your questions I've gone to presido and waponi wu so much
Although I'm starting to start the story line now I have gotten random help from others my level but it's normal

Bow to me defeater of Fin Dorsal successful raider of Presidio defeating waponi wus champion and captain guns heir defeater of gortez and revolt against the monquistian empire pirate that found el Toro taken down the banditoads frogarales and red sash gang spirit tamer of the bison. And saving the free ranger
BOW before me name jks
But that's an example I saw a withcdoctor my lvl said and joined pvp with 3 other low lvls defeated him and then he ran away lol

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
38
As someone who has three maxed out characters, there have been several times throughout the game for each character where someone with a higher level than me, not even a high level necessarily, was a little hostile to my still developing character. I remember when I first entered cool ranch on my witch doctor (no matter how many times you go through cool ranch, the beginning is always insanely hard). I was targeting Scorpio because it had been awhile since my last companion. Well, after getting thoroughly destroyed multiple times, i approached a level 34 or 35 for some assistance. I went into the battle and pleaded for help, but none arrived. I died of course. When I approached him about it, he said, "Helping's not really my style." after a heated debate over what being pirate101 friends means, he said,"Tell you what; if you can beat me at PvP ,then I will help you." Well. I was around level 20 at the time, and anyone who has ever played as a WD knows that the class takes a while to develop. Needless to say, I declined his generous offer. He just wanted to thrash me to feel good about himself! After many, many, many more trials (I needed Scorpio's strength to get anywhere at all in cool ranch) I finally defeated the scorpion scum... all by myself. Ha Ha random level 35 guy!

Anyway, the moral of the story is that some people are just unhelpful, especially towards those they believe to be beneath them. Oh, and I occasionally ask people if they would like some help all over Skull Island (I've done every side quest in the spiral- got the badges to prove it). I've been told by some that it's insulting. If you are one of those people, I promise I was only trying to help out, and I'm sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. I remember there being some pretty tough fights at the beginning of the game.

Have fun in the skyways!
Dark Orion Ire Lvl 65 Merciless Octavio Ire Lvl 65 Fiery Dante Ire Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Lordofwinter35 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
As someone who has three maxed out characters, there have been several times throughout the game for each character where someone with a higher level than me, not even a high level necessarily, was a little hostile to my still developing character. I remember when I first entered cool ranch on my witch doctor (no matter how many times you go through cool ranch, the beginning is always insanely hard). I was targeting Scorpio because it had been awhile since my last companion. Well, after getting thoroughly destroyed multiple times, i approached a level 34 or 35 for some assistance. I went into the battle and pleaded for help, but none arrived. I died of course. When I approached him about it, he said, "Helping's not really my style." after a heated debate over what being pirate101 friends means, he said,"Tell you what; if you can beat me at PvP ,then I will help you." Well. I was around level 20 at the time, and anyone who has ever played as a WD knows that the class takes a while to develop. Needless to say, I declined his generous offer. He just wanted to thrash me to feel good about himself! After many, many, many more trials (I needed Scorpio's strength to get anywhere at all in cool ranch) I finally defeated the scorpion scum... all by myself. Ha Ha random level 35 guy!

Anyway, the moral of the story is that some people are just unhelpful, especially towards those they believe to be beneath them. Oh, and I occasionally ask people if they would like some help all over Skull Island (I've done every side quest in the spiral- got the badges to prove it). I've been told by some that it's insulting. If you are one of those people, I promise I was only trying to help out, and I'm sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. I remember there being some pretty tough fights at the beginning of the game.

Have fun in the skyways!
Dark Orion Ire Lvl 65 Merciless Octavio Ire Lvl 65 Fiery Dante Ire Lvl 65
Every pirate needs help once in a while and I always appreciate help given to me. I will admit that there are times when I want to solo some things so that I can learn how to defeat that particular boss so that I can be a better help here on the boards, so at those times I do not want help but I an never insulted by the offer. I see it for the kind gesture it is and am always thankful. Pirates helping each other out is one of the lessons that are learned in this game and those that refuse to help out of arrogance are only hurting themselves.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
There are definitely many high levels out there that are way too full of themselves. The other day my lvl 65 was in Cool Ranch doing some farming for gear for my other pirates. A lvl 55 or 56 joined me in a ship battle and I immediately said hello and asked how things were going. His response was somewhat surprising- "Good bro, doing much better then you I see". I paid no mind at first and just made friendly conversation- from my end at least. He kept hinting at how far superior he thought his gear was. Some of his comments were as follows:

"Looks like you have had horrible luck with your drops"
"You need better equipment. That stuff won't help you in PvP"
"You should get some better gear. Damage isn't everything" (all my equipped gear had high-end power cards attached by the way)

At the end of one boss battle he said "Bro just let me collect the chests if you don't mind"- I responded "Whatever floats your boat, but can I ask why" His response "Because clearly you have a bad drop rate and don't get much rare gear". I asked how he could be so certain. "First just look at your gear and second because clearly you have bad luck in battle". Keep in mind we only fought 3 battles together and it was against low level enemies I beat with 1 attack per enemy. So how he could judge my luck in battle was beyond me.

I simply stated that what gear my pirate had equipped was working just fine (which was all pretty rare and farmed from boss drops) to which he stated "trust me you are way behind, nothing like my gear I got farming in Aquila with friends" I checked out his great gear and replied "yeah, but I have to say my pirate has everything yours does". He continued his boasting by saying "Believe me this isn't all I have buddy" to which I said "yeah, me either pal"...."I've got some nice, rare high-end gear myself"

His follow up "Doubt it bro, nothing like what I've got". What a waste of 20 minutes of what could have been a decent conversation if he wasn't so busy bragging.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
There are definitely many high levels out there that are way too full of themselves. The other day my lvl 65 was in Cool Ranch doing some farming for gear for my other pirates. A lvl 55 or 56 joined me in a ship battle and I immediately said hello and asked how things were going. His response was somewhat surprising- "Good bro, doing much better then you I see". I paid no mind at first and just made friendly conversation- from my end at least. He kept hinting at how far superior he thought his gear was. Some of his comments were as follows:

"Looks like you have had horrible luck with your drops"
"You need better equipment. That stuff won't help you in PvP"
"You should get some better gear. Damage isn't everything" (all my equipped gear had high-end power cards attached by the way)

At the end of one boss battle he said "Bro just let me collect the chests if you don't mind"- I responded "Whatever floats your boat, but can I ask why" His response "Because clearly you have a bad drop rate and don't get much rare gear". I asked how he could be so certain. "First just look at your gear and second because clearly you have bad luck in battle". Keep in mind we only fought 3 battles together and it was against low level enemies I beat with 1 attack per enemy. So how he could judge my luck in battle was beyond me.

I simply stated that what gear my pirate had equipped was working just fine (which was all pretty rare and farmed from boss drops) to which he stated "trust me you are way behind, nothing like my gear I got farming in Aquila with friends" I checked out his great gear and replied "yeah, but I have to say my pirate has everything yours does". He continued his boasting by saying "Believe me this isn't all I have buddy" to which I said "yeah, me either pal"...."I've got some nice, rare high-end gear myself"

His follow up "Doubt it bro, nothing like what I've got". What a waste of 20 minutes of what could have been a decent conversation if he wasn't so busy bragging.
Ugh. Sounds like a horrible pirate to be around.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
I have havnt had baggers yet
To be honest I also found it tough in cool ranch defeating buffaloon and darkmoor ships so I help out others alot and still do the main story
I have alot of friends by helping out others I only have 2 friends higher than me because they have helped me
High lvls are just attention seekers just report and don't talk they want a reaction to get noticed by there aquila gear and epic companion
Usually hawkules
Lvl 26 withcdoctor honest darius oswald
Big Sky shaman

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Ugh. Sounds like a horrible pirate to be around.
Absolutely, I finally had to high-tail it out of there. I tried to give him a chance but enough was definitely enough. The game should be enjoyable after all. Fortunately, I have only run into a few pirates like this. Sad thing is I don't think players of this nature even know or care that they are making the game less enjoyable for others.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
612
MY CONCLUSION.....all these players who think they're powerful and superior is why I don't do PVP. PVP has almost always spawned cheating and fools who think they are all powerful. It doesn't matter if you are high-level or if you have crowns gear or rare boss drops. What matters is how you control and use your character and powers. I never liked competing to see who is the best. Low-level players are always preyed on by max-level characters just to make them feel weak. Avoid PVP houses until you are a higher level, and then when players start talking trash or talking about cheats, report them.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
165
While there are several rude higher levels out there, there are also ruder lower-level and midlevel pirates. It's not just high levels who are getting ahead of themselves.

On my journeys through the spiral, I guess I've gotten lucky. In my first year of Pirate101 I've only ever met two people who deserved the ignore list. That being said, I've met many, many, many kind high level pirates willing to step in and help for a fight or two, even if I didn't know them.

There's a mixture of people out there and you have to remember to just ignore those who make you uncomfortable. There are far more kind players than mean players and I can assure you that someday you'll meet them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
witchdoctor daruis on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I have havnt had baggers yet
To be honest I also found it tough in cool ranch defeating buffaloon and darkmoor ships so I help out others alot and still do the main story
I have alot of friends by helping out others I only have 2 friends higher than me because they have helped me
High lvls are just attention seekers just report and don't talk they want a reaction to get noticed by there aquila gear and epic companion
Usually hawkules
Lvl 26 withcdoctor honest darius oswald
Big Sky shaman
Well my high levels have never been that way and they never will be. If you are having troubles with those bumbaloons might I recommend you read One-Eyed Jack's very helpful guide in the May newsletter? I re read that every time I need to face them and I go through then in no time.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
160
witchdoctor daruis on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I have havnt had baggers yet
To be honest I also found it tough in cool ranch defeating buffaloon and darkmoor ships so I help out others alot and still do the main story
I have alot of friends by helping out others I only have 2 friends higher than me because they have helped me
High lvls are just attention seekers just report and don't talk they want a reaction to get noticed by there aquila gear and epic companion
Usually hawkules
Lvl 26 withcdoctor honest darius oswald
Big Sky shaman
(this may come of snarky but i have to get it out here)
Yes, because it's fair to assume that every high level is just seeking attention and they should be reported for that. seriously, i go by cool ranch all the time and i would find it unfair to get reported or have a rude comment blurted out by someone, and their reasoning is that i am a higher level than them. I normally like to help out lower levels around for fun, and i am often accused of showing off, even when i am just trying to help. It's gotten to the point that i have to wear my stitched gear and use beginning of the game, everyone has companions if i want to help without being accused of showing off. I do agree, there are still some annoying, narcissistic high levels who inappropriately say an unnecessary comment, such as, "wish you had gear like this, huh," but some people have blurred the line between high levels who help out, and show-offery. if you see a high level in a lower level area, and they're just sailing by, ignore them and proceed with what you were doing. if they stop to help you sink a ship or with a boarding fight and they don't say anything like, "Wow, look at how weak those guys are compared to me," either ignore them, or be grateful they helped you out. if they are purposely calling attention to him/herself, then ignore them and write them out as a jerk on a mental list (i cant be the only one who has that), or just don't bother, because causing any interaction with them shows that they caught your attention, and thats what they wanted. even if you report them (which will most likely only reflect negatively on you), you are still showing that you gave them attention, meaning that they still won their babyish mind game. the best thing to do is ignore them, and as long as you don't give them what they want, they inch closer and closer to giving up on their attention spree, one ignore at a time.
F.R. Holystone
-lv 65

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Elemutation on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
(this may come of snarky but i have to get it out here)
Yes, because it's fair to assume that every high level is just seeking attention and they should be reported for that. seriously, i go by cool ranch all the time and i would find it unfair to get reported or have a rude comment blurted out by someone, and their reasoning is that i am a higher level than them. I normally like to help out lower levels around for fun, and i am often accused of showing off, even when i am just trying to help. It's gotten to the point that i have to wear my stitched gear and use beginning of the game, everyone has companions if i want to help without being accused of showing off. I do agree, there are still some annoying, narcissistic high levels who inappropriately say an unnecessary comment, such as, "wish you had gear like this, huh," but some people have blurred the line between high levels who help out, and show-offery. if you see a high level in a lower level area, and they're just sailing by, ignore them and proceed with what you were doing. if they stop to help you sink a ship or with a boarding fight and they don't say anything like, "Wow, look at how weak those guys are compared to me," either ignore them, or be grateful they helped you out. if they are purposely calling attention to him/herself, then ignore them and write them out as a jerk on a mental list (i cant be the only one who has that), or just don't bother, because causing any interaction with them shows that they caught your attention, and thats what they wanted. even if you report them (which will most likely only reflect negatively on you), you are still showing that you gave them attention, meaning that they still won their babyish mind game. the best thing to do is ignore them, and as long as you don't give them what they want, they inch closer and closer to giving up on their attention spree, one ignore at a time.
F.R. Holystone
-lv 65
Hey Elemutation. I agree with what you are saying as far as not reporting players just because they have a tendency to try and get under your skin by boasting or bragging. In my case above I never thought to report the pirate I just thought it was annoying- not to the point where it really bothered me, at all just to the point where I needed a break from the non stop pointless chatter. And although I do agree that the best thing to do is just ignore them (and not respond because it will fuel their need for attention), ignoring can be a little difficult when you both are farming or questing in the same area. You can't expect them to leave because it is a free Spiral after all, l and you should not feel the need to go elsewhere because of their nonstop braggart ways. I have only run into a few annoying pirates (and they weren't all high levels by the way) and it was never really too big of a deal for me.

I do hear you loud and clear as far as how high levels can be misconstrued as showing off if they offer to help. If you do stop in and help lower levels, some think you are showing how powerful you are, while at the same time if you don't help many think you view them as too lowly to lend a hand. That is why I always ask if they need help (on land or in skyway) or would like a hand first, before I just swoop in and save the day. I don't want to take away from their feeling of pride or sense of accomplishment at completing a tough task on their own, yet I also want to be there if they so desire help. I usually wait for a response (which many times doesn't come) and if they say aye or yes or sure, than by all means I take the battle to the enemy in defense of that pirate. I know some don't have any chat options turned on so that can be tricky knowing if they need help or not, but for the most part I get some kind of response- many times a nay or no thanks or I'm good in which I peacefully leave them and wish them good luck. It can be tricky being a high level though- everyone either wants your help or often think you view yourself as mightier than though and you get unfairly judged.

Anyway your point is a good one in that just because someone is annoying, bragging or doesn't offer to help, it doesn't mean that you should report them. Like you stated, reporting someone for those reasons can reflect negatively on you and repeatedly doing so can ultimately lead to the same repercussions that someone who actually commits offenses worthy of banning can incur. A swollen ego and head or lack of desire to help someone, as you noted, are indeed not causes or reasons for reporting or banning. Good luck and thanks for providing an alternate view on the matter.

Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Elemutation on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
(this may come of snarky but i have to get it out here)
Yes, because it's fair to assume that every high level is just seeking attention and they should be reported for that. seriously, i go by cool ranch all the time and i would find it unfair to get reported or have a rude comment blurted out by someone, and their reasoning is that i am a higher level than them. I normally like to help out lower levels around for fun, and i am often accused of showing off, even when i am just trying to help. It's gotten to the point that i have to wear my stitched gear and use beginning of the game, everyone has companions if i want to help without being accused of showing off. I do agree, there are still some annoying, narcissistic high levels who inappropriately say an unnecessary comment, such as, "wish you had gear like this, huh," but some people have blurred the line between high levels who help out, and show-offery. if you see a high level in a lower level area, and they're just sailing by, ignore them and proceed with what you were doing. if they stop to help you sink a ship or with a boarding fight and they don't say anything like, "Wow, look at how weak those guys are compared to me," either ignore them, or be grateful they helped you out. if they are purposely calling attention to him/herself, then ignore them and write them out as a jerk on a mental list (i cant be the only one who has that), or just don't bother, because causing any interaction with them shows that they caught your attention, and thats what they wanted. even if you report them (which will most likely only reflect negatively on you), you are still showing that you gave them attention, meaning that they still won their babyish mind game. the best thing to do is ignore them, and as long as you don't give them what they want, they inch closer and closer to giving up on their attention spree, one ignore at a time.
F.R. Holystone
-lv 65
Brilliantly said and not one bit snarky.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Well my high levels have never been that way and they never will be. If you are having troubles with those bumbaloons might I recommend you read One-Eyed Jack's very helpful guide in the May newsletter? I re read that every time I need to face them and I go through then in no time.
Beat them after getting side quest companions and better ship gear ill look by if I'm stick again right now I'm cruising
Lvl 27 honest draius oswald
Big Sky Shaman
Lvl2 Rodrigo Lavrene
Pollywogger

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone! This has happened to me a few times..... I'll be standing in the brawling hall and a level 65 (or 57 or whatever- a high level!) will come in and be like: "Who wants to pvp me? I'll pwn you!" Or something like that. Enough's enough! Everyone was a low level at some point. And there's more than one high leveled person in the game, correct? So why don't we just calm down...... I know it's fun to pvp and win pvp battles. Yeah, yeah. Come on guys. There's no need to brag that your stronger than some of the rest if us. Lets settle down.

Rachel - Level 38
Well...I don't think it's directed at you because of your level necessarily...unless they say, "I will pwn anyone who is a lower level than I am." A lot of people take their pvp seriously and have pride in their ability. Some take it to an obnoxious level but I have seen the same thing in any game that has pvp so get used to it because...it's not likely to ever stop. I don't behave that way myself and the best way to shut someone up is to beat them. Besides...what are you doing hanging around places like the brawling hall anyway? You should be out questing like a good pirate.

Wicked Erin 65, Red India 65 and Dark Destiny 33. (Yes my witchdoctor Dark Destiny is an underachiever. We are aware of it and have discussed the matter)

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
157
I actually had a maxed friend that was going to help me take about 10 minutes to set some other maxed pirates straight about teasing lower level pirates. I'm glad at least some people are taking a stand for the pirates that haven't spent quite a much time as us to get to a higher level. It is really wrong to discriminate, yes I said discriminate, people based on a level. I mean really, putting people down because of a word on a screen? That's at least a little over the top.