An urgent call to balance everything!

2
AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Dr Zeppers on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Where does "balance" play a role in PVE? It really doesnt translate the way PVP enthusiasts would like to implicate. From a PVE perspective the classes varying even has an advantage in further making each one a different play experience. I am not saying they shouldnt be somewhat balanced, but reflecting how such concepts do not apply in the PVE world in the same fashion.

The main issue I have with "balance" is that its such a relative perspective, that in most cases I dont see the actual players as being adequately prepared to be constructive in their discussions on it. However KI watching and recording 1000's of matchs, their outcomes, etc... this actually IMO would be a much better gauge of balance. KI kept listening to players in this regard in W101, and now PVP in that game is a mess. I've even seen 2 threads on the subject of class balance discussion for W101 that directly contradicted each other. Everyone cannot be right.

I dont think people should be able to "pay" their way through, but its pretty obvious from a business perspective that you must give people that "pay" an advantage (or they wont pay).

Funniest comment I have read "I really liked the good old days of PvP".
PVP isnt even out of its testing phase yet, its in "beta" as we speak. That is why its not currently "Ranked". Unless they added "ranked" pvp recently which I do not think they have, the current PVP process is experimental/test, and constantly under review as they make plans to move forward. They have stated this numerous times. I dont think its wrong to give them feedback but it must be kept constructive, and realized they will be taken with a grain of salt as they say.
You have some interesting thoughts and opinions. Could you possibly expand on W101's Balance problems? I am only basing these facts from the message boards I read there, and some moderate research into W101. The faults of W101 are good in a way, because KI should know they cant repeat the same error in this game.

And also I don't quite understand what you mean when you say: " KI kept listening to players in this regard in W101, and now PVP in that game is a mess". Are you saying that players complaints of W101 being unbalanced, lead to more unbalance? A gauge system for max level PvP is a great idea by the way. It is an accurate tool to determine balance between classes and companions!

On another note, the good old days of PvP can be the first 2 days of PvP, or the first 2 centuries of PvP. It is the period when everyone generally liked it. However clearly something is wrong in recent times, and as DeathWiz said it may have something to do with Nausica, for many are starting to dislike it...

It seems PvP is pay to win (currently), and thats ok I guess. If KI want to make money via the PvP field (and it seems they will), well then this thread should focus on a more important aspect:
The balance of classes and the difficulty of computer enemies for those who are not involved in PvP.

However PvP could still be used as a tool for balance, especially if your gauge system is introduced. This thread is very interesting to read, so thanks to those who have said their opinions

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
288
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
With all due respect, I don't believe that Nausica, the mojo monkey companion and future bundle companions have broken the game or will break the game at all. Now they may have broken the PvP aspect of the game but not the game itself. For the storyline and main quest gaming you don't have to purchase these bundles or companions or have to fight against them at all if you so choose. So, the only issue with these companions seems to be in PvP battle and the frustrations shown by those that do not own them and thus suffer defeat from facing them.

Is it unfair, yes and no. Yes because for those without the option to buy the companions it is not a level playing field. Yes because how can someone who can't afford or have the means to purchase them compete with those that can. No because it is an available option. People who work hard for their money and have the means and option to buy the bundles should be able to spend their hard earned money how they choose. There are people who may be able to purchase them but they choose not to- again their decision. If there was no added incentive to purchasing these bundles, gear and companions, why would anybody feel compelled to spend their hard earned money on something that would not make them any different than those who could not or chose not to buy them?

It may take some creativity and effort, but some of this frustration can be avoided- to some degree. If you or anyone who enjoys PvP takes it upon themselves to keep a running tally of those that have these companions. Take note of which pirates have the added advantage of paid for companions and gear, and avoid PvP with them. Only try to PvP against friends on the same level playing field as yourself. It may be a pain to document this but simple notes, switching of realms, asking through chats and/or observing who has these advantages and who doesn't, is doable and can help avoid frustrations. My point is that if PvP has become a negative or burden, don't do it...or get creative and put effort into keeping it enjoyable.

I also, politely disagree with this statement:

"If the next update doesn't change these things, this game will become completely "Pay to win"."

PvP, not the game of P101 will be "Pay to win". Beyond the membership, you don't need to spend a penny to have success and progress in the game. And I think that statement, exemplifies what has been lost in all the talk, frustrations and complaints about "pay to win"- and that is the game of Pirate101 itself. The issue of "pay to win" is clearly centered around unfairness or advantages in PvP and it doesn't have any bearing on playing the P101 storyline (so far). These bundles, uber companions and stacked gear are not needed one bit to have success in the game- simply put you don't need to pay for them to win in the game, just PvP.
Oh yeah, forgive me for saying "the game", i thought you would know i was talking about pvp since this is the PvP section of the forum.
And i politely disagree with the statement: "I don't believe that Nausica, the mojo monkey companion and future bundle companions have broken the game or will break the game at all". For the PvE aspect of the game, Nausica hasn't broken it but the mojo monkey has. Reckless frenzy makes it a LOT faster, especially with the majority of enemies being musketeers and witchdoctors, with low dodge. As these enemies don't seperate themselves, just putting a valor's shield (which you can get for free from the commodre as any class) and perhaps el toro's buff at higher levels ensures that he will always hit with the reckless frenzy. So now, instead of playing, say around 14 days to get to 65 (just an estimate) people with this companion will have a much easier time in the combat aspect of things.
And as for farming, he'll make it go by so quickly, increasing the farms, thus increasing the chances of getting good gear in a shorter amount of time. So, actually they're close to breaking the game.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
DeathWiz101378 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Oh yeah, forgive me for saying "the game", i thought you would know i was talking about pvp since this is the PvP section of the forum.
And i politely disagree with the statement: "I don't believe that Nausica, the mojo monkey companion and future bundle companions have broken the game or will break the game at all". For the PvE aspect of the game, Nausica hasn't broken it but the mojo monkey has. Reckless frenzy makes it a LOT faster, especially with the majority of enemies being musketeers and witchdoctors, with low dodge. As these enemies don't seperate themselves, just putting a valor's shield (which you can get for free from the commodre as any class) and perhaps el toro's buff at higher levels ensures that he will always hit with the reckless frenzy. So now, instead of playing, say around 14 days to get to 65 (just an estimate) people with this companion will have a much easier time in the combat aspect of things.
And as for farming, he'll make it go by so quickly, increasing the farms, thus increasing the chances of getting good gear in a shorter amount of time. So, actually they're close to breaking the game.
I hear what you are saying but I still disagree as far as any bundle bought companion breaking the game. These companions and bundles are 100% optional- you don't have to buy them at all if you don't want the game to be 'broken'. If someone else chooses to buy them, it in no way 'breaks' the game for me or you (except in...PvP). I can still play the game with in game, storyline companions, the way the game was designed to be played- no 'broken' game. It only affects those that choose to purchase them (as far as the main storyline game goes), and I believe that is their right and choice to spend their hard earned money to enjoy the game any which way they choose- It still has no effect on you or me and our storyline gameplay. I understand any frustrations directed at this if you are not able to have access to these bundles or companions, but if it's stated that they only 'break' the game, than I would only imagine that you would not want to purchase them even if you had the option- for fear of the game becoming 'broken'.

In the scope of individual gameplay, these bundles and companions do not 'break' any part of the gameplay because if you don't want them, you don't have to get them and thus the game plays as it was intended. If you can acquire them then you chose to and obviously desire a different gameplay style and/or variation. So for those people the game is not 'broken' because it is what they wanted. These companions only 'break' the PvP aspect of the game because of the direct player vs. player competition- those that don't have access to them view it as unfair and those that do have them clearly have an advantage.

If you don't let it, than these companions can not 'break' the actual gameplay for you individually. I have no qualms with someone paying hard earned money to tailor the game towards there preferences- it has no bearing on my gameplay experience and my enjoying the storyline...it only does if I PvP. Furthermore, it is of no concern to me how long it takes someone else to max their pirate and whether purchasing a bundle or companion lessened that time. I am playing the game for my experience not for worrying about what is fair or unfair based upon what others do.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Golden Guardian on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
You have some interesting thoughts and opinions. Could you possibly expand on W101's Balance problems? I am only basing these facts from the message boards I read there, and some moderate research into W101. The faults of W101 are good in a way, because KI should know they cant repeat the same error in this game.

And also I don't quite understand what you mean when you say: " KI kept listening to players in this regard in W101, and now PVP in that game is a mess". Are you saying that players complaints of W101 being unbalanced, lead to more unbalance? A gauge system for max level PvP is a great idea by the way. It is an accurate tool to determine balance between classes and companions!

On another note, the good old days of PvP can be the first 2 days of PvP, or the first 2 centuries of PvP. It is the period when everyone generally liked it. However clearly something is wrong in recent times, and as DeathWiz said it may have something to do with Nausica, for many are starting to dislike it...

It seems PvP is pay to win (currently), and thats ok I guess. If KI want to make money via the PvP field (and it seems they will), well then this thread should focus on a more important aspect:
The balance of classes and the difficulty of computer enemies for those who are not involved in PvP.

However PvP could still be used as a tool for balance, especially if your gauge system is introduced. This thread is very interesting to read, so thanks to those who have said their opinions
Excellent point about the good old days of PvP.

Even though I don't do much of it, I absolutely get your point as far as that goes. It doesn't have to matter what developmental phase PvP is in, when it comes to referencing or comparing how, like you said, after a few days, weeks or months ago things have changed. The phase or stage is irrelevant when an outside, paid for or add on source (such as bundle companions) has clearly influenced and affected PvP gameplay and outcomes for those that participate in it. So I completely agree, understand and support your statement about what the good old days of PvP can mean or imply, without it correlating directly to what phase or stage PvP is currently in.

And I also agree the sharing of different opinions and view points in a constructive way can only be a positive as far as the future of P101 (or anything for that matter) is concerned. The more ideas and discussions out there, the better and more valuable the feedback is for KI. Our voices (or keystrokes), are what help them gauge and mold the game into a greater success. And the more constructive and helpful input, opinions, ideas and views that their community expresses and brings forth...the better.

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
DeathWiz101378 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Oh yeah, forgive me for saying "the game", i thought you would know i was talking about pvp since this is the PvP section of the forum.
And i politely disagree with the statement: "I don't believe that Nausica, the mojo monkey companion and future bundle companions have broken the game or will break the game at all". For the PvE aspect of the game, Nausica hasn't broken it but the mojo monkey has. Reckless frenzy makes it a LOT faster, especially with the majority of enemies being musketeers and witchdoctors, with low dodge. As these enemies don't seperate themselves, just putting a valor's shield (which you can get for free from the commodre as any class) and perhaps el toro's buff at higher levels ensures that he will always hit with the reckless frenzy. So now, instead of playing, say around 14 days to get to 65 (just an estimate) people with this companion will have a much easier time in the combat aspect of things.
And as for farming, he'll make it go by so quickly, increasing the farms, thus increasing the chances of getting good gear in a shorter amount of time. So, actually they're close to breaking the game.
You have some valid points. I don't think the current gameplay of the story is altered yet by paid companions, but I fear the future storyline may... I can already see extremely OP musk units awaiting us in Polaris, and the easy way to kill them is too use Nausica or this new monkey unit.

I honestly think that as of now, these companions are a cheap way to win any fight. They remove strategy out of fighting, and that's the only downside of them. As you said, a 15 min battle can be shortened to around 5 mins dependinding on the situation. Proof:
-Spirit shield and add a fort on this monkey...
-Have a few accuracy and dodge buffs...
-Send him charging at Rooke...

However that's not my main problem, it's the future that worries me. I keep on using the Celestia analogy, and if P101 follows that (which it may), consider taking a ticket half way around the world to walmart. P.S: (I think Gamestop or Walmart owns something called EB games which is in Australia, could P101 check this out and maybe spread thier bundles internationally?)

I rate this game 12+ for strategy guides. Children significantly under this age may suffer by not understanding the game mechanics, but they probably are more entertained by graphics... However soon there maybe no rating since paying is your option...

The warning:
We sense the new world may arrive soon, so I am URGING P101 to not follow after Celestia in its alternate wizard101, but to keep the game simple and easy-medium difficulty just like it is now.

Developer
Proof:
-Spirit shield and add a fort on this monkey...
-Have a few accuracy and dodge buffs...
-Send him charging at Rooke...

You might want to add Hide to that stack of buffs before you send anybody charging at Rooke.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
83
for the thing about buying companions i will say i'm guilty
You see i loved how kobe looked and got his counter part but i'm not saying he is op but to the people who cant pay for bundle companions its unfair that they can be used in pvp *nerd music plays* back in the good ol' days in pokemon diamond and pearl dialga and palkia were banned from tournament why not ban op guys from pvp?

also i apologize for my last post i did take some of my rage from wizard pvp and inserted it here but really the nerf's that i'll never even exploit if that makes sense shouldn't happen to me WHY SHOULD IT AFFECT ME!!?!?!?!?!

do you think banning op companions would solve the problems? The nerfing of classes though thats gotta stop checks and balances were set up for so there would be no more that school is op!

as a recap bundle companions should be banned from pvp but not pve so there wouldn't have to be a nerf, also the classes shouldnt be nerfed as the checks and balances have been set up to prevent the op stuff!

sorry for the long post

Kai Sawkins

STAY GOLD

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Golden Guardian on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
You have some valid points. I don't think the current gameplay of the story is altered yet by paid companions, but I fear the future storyline may... I can already see extremely OP musk units awaiting us in Polaris, and the easy way to kill them is too use Nausica or this new monkey unit.

I honestly think that as of now, these companions are a cheap way to win any fight. They remove strategy out of fighting, and that's the only downside of them. As you said, a 15 min battle can be shortened to around 5 mins dependinding on the situation. Proof:
-Spirit shield and add a fort on this monkey...
-Have a few accuracy and dodge buffs...
-Send him charging at Rooke...

However that's not my main problem, it's the future that worries me. I keep on using the Celestia analogy, and if P101 follows that (which it may), consider taking a ticket half way around the world to walmart. P.S: (I think Gamestop or Walmart owns something called EB games which is in Australia, could P101 check this out and maybe spread thier bundles internationally?)

I rate this game 12+ for strategy guides. Children significantly under this age may suffer by not understanding the game mechanics, but they probably are more entertained by graphics... However soon there maybe no rating since paying is your option...

The warning:
We sense the new world may arrive soon, so I am URGING P101 to not follow after Celestia in its alternate wizard101, but to keep the game simple and easy-medium difficulty just like it is now.
More excellent points Golden Guardian.

I just wanted to add that, while you may be absolutely true in saying that there may be extremely OP units awaiting us in future worlds- we also have to keep in mind that Kingsisle is nowhere done equipping our pirates and companions with new powers, talents, skill sets and dangerous 'toys' to play with and face these tougher enemies with. What our pirates' possess now in terms of these things will continue to grow and evolve and make our pirates that much more deadly. Along with the enemies becoming more powerful, so will our pirates and our crew. KI probably has so much more to throw our pirate's way in regards to powers, talents, skills, surprises and weapons.

The enemy may be tough to deal with in the future, but I have a feeling that so will our pirates. So quite possibly the way to deal with the extremely OP musketeer units awaiting us in Polaris will just be to use our own pirates and crew, along with their sure to be newly acquired goodies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Ratbeard on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Proof:
-Spirit shield and add a fort on this monkey...
-Have a few accuracy and dodge buffs...
-Send him charging at Rooke...

You might want to add Hide to that stack of buffs before you send anybody charging at Rooke.
Lol good call. That little missed thing would really send that little monkey a spinning.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
I honestly do not think there is any danger of bundle companions damaging the game at all. If anything as stated above they will only make things a bit easier for whoever purchases one. KingsIsle has stated many times that crowns and bundle companions are totally optional and that they have designed the game to be played without any of them. So there should be no worries about any boss being undefeatable unless you have purchased one. I trust KingsIsle's word too much for that. The game will run perfectly fine without any of them and will just be a bit easier and a different kind of fun with them. I totally understand that PvP is much more affected but once again that is an optional part of the game experience and tussles in there should not affect how we play the game outside the brawling halls.

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Ratbeard on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Proof:
-Spirit shield and add a fort on this monkey...
-Have a few accuracy and dodge buffs...
-Send him charging at Rooke...

You might want to add Hide to that stack of buffs before you send anybody charging at Rooke.
Yup that's also a good move, or you can place one companion a square away from Rooke, and then put another companion in the distance between. Ok perhaps the Rooke example is not perfect. Deathwiz had a better one; a group of enemies (presumably low dodge musketeers), that will very easily be killed within a few mins of reckless frenzy. The spell is not OP for buccaneers, but a bit of boosting and acc/dodge stacking (which buccaneers don't have full access to, save El toros boost)certainly will make it easier for this monkey...

Right now that's not a big concern, since it just saves time. In the future however, it certainly could be (I have a hunch that things will be balanced though), which then brings us to balancing classes.

This thread should discuss the following things:
1.) What is unbalanced or balanced in the game, using PvP as a tool to measure balance. Other related discussions allowed.
2.) How do you think the game should continue in what it is already balanced, and how do you think KI should deal with unbalance?
3.) Your opinions of paid companions...

Ensign
Apr 05, 2010
9
I personally dont agree with paid companions but they are supposed to be good because they paid money for them, also i think just about every class already balances each other out. I also disagree with the people who are complaining about nerfs on characters, i want to use all my spells i worked hard to get (i'm witchdoctor) in pvp because the quests to get them can last long peroids of time for them being nerfed and banned from pvp? how fair is it to the other classes that get nerfed and how would you feel if your class got nerfed

not extremely happy right?

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Reed LegendBreaker on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
I personally dont agree with paid companions but they are supposed to be good because they paid money for them, also i think just about every class already balances each other out. I also disagree with the people who are complaining about nerfs on characters, i want to use all my spells i worked hard to get (i'm witchdoctor) in pvp because the quests to get them can last long peroids of time for them being nerfed and banned from pvp? how fair is it to the other classes that get nerfed and how would you feel if your class got nerfed

not extremely happy right?
There are 2 solutions to balancing classes. Both are good to use but MUST BE done at the proper time:

Solution 1:
You want to balance 25kg compared to a 50kg weight. You decide to remove 25kg from the bigger weight, however you have a short time limit to do so. Yes, this is Nerfing. Nerf spells that make a class OP, achieve balance for weaker classes.
When to nerf:
Imagine I get a 10x damage spell, that can't be absorbed or blocked by any defence. This is OP. In the first few days, if the spell is removed and thus nerfed, no one will really care. However after a few months, people get used to the spell and will be angry if it is removed. So nerf early, not late.

Solution 2:
Upgrade weaker classes, rather than nerf stronger classes. And I am not talking about some +2% dodge, but something worth it!

My say:
Solution 1 at an early stage. Upgrading is a whole other process that's confusing and annoying, and wastes time.

Developer
Reckless Frenzy

In the run-up to the release of Reckless Frenzy, there were quite a few threads asking us to show Buccaneers some love, and near the top of that list was to give them some kind of "area of effect" (AOE) power. But it needed to be done in a way that made sense for Buccaneers, since they mostly use melee weapons. Reckless Frenzy is that power.

(It's also designed to be a high-damage counterpoint to both Sneak Attack and Mojo Blade; but unlike those powers, the Buccaneer has only one Reckless Frenzy, and it doesn't appear on equipment cards.)

If you take a bunch of your units and you pile them up in the same place, you will get hurt by AOE powers. And you deserve it.

The enemies that you face in PVE are slightly less likely to arrange themselves into convenient target clumps, due to the way that their units are placed into their starting positions. Like all other AOE powers, Reckless Frenzy is naturally limited in that regard-- but still very useful to the Buccaneer as his situational "boss killer" power.

The use (or abuse) of Reckless Frenzy in PVP is not on the To Do list. (It's on the "To Watch" list.)

Nausicaa

Nausicaa's epic talent allotment is balanced relative to enemies found in Aquila, her home world. As more worlds are released, companions native to those worlds will also tend to start with more epic talents. As the level cap goes up, companions that you picked up in earlier worlds will gain additional promotion tiers-- and additional epic talent slots-- to help bring them up to the same level.

Nausicaa is good now (great, even) because, as a crowns companion, she promotes for gold-- and because all her higher tiers were instantly accessible to players who were already at the level cap. But not everybody is at the level cap, folks. As the level cap goes up, there will be room to promote other companions from Aquila (who shall remain nameless, but who may or may not be the son of Zeus) and their epic talent slots will surpass Nausicaa.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Ratbeard on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
Reckless Frenzy

In the run-up to the release of Reckless Frenzy, there were quite a few threads asking us to show Buccaneers some love, and near the top of that list was to give them some kind of "area of effect" (AOE) power. But it needed to be done in a way that made sense for Buccaneers, since they mostly use melee weapons. Reckless Frenzy is that power.

(It's also designed to be a high-damage counterpoint to both Sneak Attack and Mojo Blade; but unlike those powers, the Buccaneer has only one Reckless Frenzy, and it doesn't appear on equipment cards.)

If you take a bunch of your units and you pile them up in the same place, you will get hurt by AOE powers. And you deserve it.

The enemies that you face in PVE are slightly less likely to arrange themselves into convenient target clumps, due to the way that their units are placed into their starting positions. Like all other AOE powers, Reckless Frenzy is naturally limited in that regard-- but still very useful to the Buccaneer as his situational "boss killer" power.

The use (or abuse) of Reckless Frenzy in PVP is not on the To Do list. (It's on the "To Watch" list.)

Nausicaa

Nausicaa's epic talent allotment is balanced relative to enemies found in Aquila, her home world. As more worlds are released, companions native to those worlds will also tend to start with more epic talents. As the level cap goes up, companions that you picked up in earlier worlds will gain additional promotion tiers-- and additional epic talent slots-- to help bring them up to the same level.

Nausicaa is good now (great, even) because, as a crowns companion, she promotes for gold-- and because all her higher tiers were instantly accessible to players who were already at the level cap. But not everybody is at the level cap, folks. As the level cap goes up, there will be room to promote other companions from Aquila (who shall remain nameless, but who may or may not be the son of Zeus) and their epic talent slots will surpass Nausicaa.
WOOP Beyond well said. You just made my month Ratbeard. Thank you SO much for the encouragement. Your points to why folks take so much damage is well received.
* Gives grateful & graceful bow with a perfectly executed Anne Radcliffeish flourish of plumed hat *

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Ratbeard on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
Reckless Frenzy

In the run-up to the release of Reckless Frenzy, there were quite a few threads asking us to show Buccaneers some love, and near the top of that list was to give them some kind of "area of effect" (AOE) power. But it needed to be done in a way that made sense for Buccaneers, since they mostly use melee weapons. Reckless Frenzy is that power.

(It's also designed to be a high-damage counterpoint to both Sneak Attack and Mojo Blade; but unlike those powers, the Buccaneer has only one Reckless Frenzy, and it doesn't appear on equipment cards.)

If you take a bunch of your units and you pile them up in the same place, you will get hurt by AOE powers. And you deserve it.

The enemies that you face in PVE are slightly less likely to arrange themselves into convenient target clumps, due to the way that their units are placed into their starting positions. Like all other AOE powers, Reckless Frenzy is naturally limited in that regard-- but still very useful to the Buccaneer as his situational "boss killer" power.

The use (or abuse) of Reckless Frenzy in PVP is not on the To Do list. (It's on the "To Watch" list.)

Nausicaa

Nausicaa's epic talent allotment is balanced relative to enemies found in Aquila, her home world. As more worlds are released, companions native to those worlds will also tend to start with more epic talents. As the level cap goes up, companions that you picked up in earlier worlds will gain additional promotion tiers-- and additional epic talent slots-- to help bring them up to the same level.

Nausicaa is good now (great, even) because, as a crowns companion, she promotes for gold-- and because all her higher tiers were instantly accessible to players who were already at the level cap. But not everybody is at the level cap, folks. As the level cap goes up, there will be room to promote other companions from Aquila (who shall remain nameless, but who may or may not be the son of Zeus) and their epic talent slots will surpass Nausicaa.
I don't know what to be more excited about:
A- More Balance!
B- Hawules Promotion!

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
960
Everyone has to realize that they will not win all the time. Even if you are very good at pvp someone may come along eventually who kills you. Any class can beat any other class on any given night. It is based on strategy, training, and experience. Not the experience level of your player or crew but from the experiences of situations in the game.

That being said I find that the call to nerf everything that is difficult is actually hurting you guys more then helping. It is forcing you not to challenge yourselves and not to come up with a high level strategy to pull a fight out of the fire. Losing is not an evil thing. It teaches you to learn and come back again this time hopefully realizing your mistake and fixing it. It forces you to use your powers in creative ways and to find a new way to exploit the enemy's weakness. I have seen all the classes do this and be able to win. I have gone against them all and I have fought with them.

So I say bring on the stronger enemies bring on tougher strategies! Yarrrr!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

2