Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One year, seven months...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2012
This raises bad memories - and thus the worry.

Around a decade ago, the Sims came out with a side-product called The Sims Medieval. Like Pirate 101, I enjoyed it more than the original. It came out with one EP (interestingly enough, included Pirates), then they totally abandoned it.

I started with W101, and because the friend who pulled me into this (she plays almost as much as her kids) prefers it, sometimes I go back. But I really prefer P101. And all of this feels way too familiar. I should probably stick to Sudoku. If I am brought to the point of abandoning P101, I'm dropping W101, too. I have lots of other things I should be doing, anyway.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
I have read the thread from oldest to newest and from newest to oldest. It all seems to say the same thing. Everyone keeps asking about new worlds. Why?

We have a lot of worlds that contain a lot of empty space. Add new QUESTS. Yea a continuation of the story line would be great. But there could be relevant side story quests. What do we really know about our parents? And make the new quests high enough level that they are a challenge to those maxed out, geared out players. There doesn't need to be a team to create the graphics, or worlds, they are already there. And they don't need to have a design team create mobs we have plenty. Take the little pieces, stitch them together and viola, like a quilt, you end up with a beautiful thing.

I have a high level pirate so give him something to fight that is a challenge. Plunk in some rewards, toss in a related side story, and don't stretch the play time by having the pirate fly all over the spiral just to be told to go back where they just left.

I play W101 also and I can say that the last world in the main story line was tough. Small battle, epic battle, small battle, epic battle, epic battle, epic battle. In P101 so very many of the max levels farm Manchu tower just to keep in practice. I play the tower, still want that staff of Moos, and see the max players with the Manchu weapons, robe, nefarious mask, they have all the gear. They play to fight and for the gold. Its the Pirate way of life isnt it?

So give us a fight, give us some loot (even if it looks like some of the old gear but with new or different stats) and give us some gold. Isn't that what pirates are all about?

We all want a new world. But what we seek is the adventure, the battles, the loot and the gold. Throw us a bone and give us some content while you work on continuing the story line.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I, for one, have to say that this post has way too much negative deconstructive thinking because of all these excessive constant worries, concerns & conflictions about how they will continue with the P101 storyline. It's too much for me to handle, & too much of it is not a good thing. Hope someone may bring in some constructive positive thinking to balance that out. Otherwise, this post might get locked if this continues on.

Professor Falmea did say they're doing their best to determine how they will continue with the storyline & with the level caps getting increased, & with all the improvement updates being made recently, like the advanced pets & such, they are making sure they may implement their best way to continue the story updates & up the level caps of our Pirates' prime levels, nautical levels, & especially pets' levels at once. They need to make sure they all get upped simultaneously when P101's story updates arrive, not have one or two and leave the last for later.

Have patience, Pirates. We have been waiting long, but don't give up the ship just yet! Just keep hanging in there.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
We should think of all the updates they HAVE brought us. Not continue a negative rant that isn't getting anyone anywhere. We have the new trainers, Regatta, and RANKED PVP. I think us pirates forgot what we wanted originally implemented in the game. RANKED PVP used to be the most common request in the game a year ago. Now we have it, and I know lots of people are enjoying it.

KI is tweaking and making sure everything is in place before they add a new storyline update. It's like cleaning up your house before you host a party. I know it's a lot to ask, but please keep your patience a little bit longer. Kingsisle really does care, and they do really want to add a storyline update. You would all be doing them a favor by showing them some support.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
crowmagus on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
I have read the thread from oldest to newest and from newest to oldest. It all seems to say the same thing. Everyone keeps asking about new worlds. Why?

We have a lot of worlds that contain a lot of empty space. Add new QUESTS. Yea a continuation of the story line would be great. But there could be relevant side story quests. What do we really know about our parents? And make the new quests high enough level that they are a challenge to those maxed out, geared out players. There doesn't need to be a team to create the graphics, or worlds, they are already there. And they don't need to have a design team create mobs we have plenty. Take the little pieces, stitch them together and viola, like a quilt, you end up with a beautiful thing.

I have a high level pirate so give him something to fight that is a challenge. Plunk in some rewards, toss in a related side story, and don't stretch the play time by having the pirate fly all over the spiral just to be told to go back where they just left.

I play W101 also and I can say that the last world in the main story line was tough. Small battle, epic battle, small battle, epic battle, epic battle, epic battle. In P101 so very many of the max levels farm Manchu tower just to keep in practice. I play the tower, still want that staff of Moos, and see the max players with the Manchu weapons, robe, nefarious mask, they have all the gear. They play to fight and for the gold. Its the Pirate way of life isnt it?

So give us a fight, give us some loot (even if it looks like some of the old gear but with new or different stats) and give us some gold. Isn't that what pirates are all about?

We all want a new world. But what we seek is the adventure, the battles, the loot and the gold. Throw us a bone and give us some content while you work on continuing the story line.
We really don't just want new quests. We want new MAIN STORY quests, which may or may not include a couple new worlds. We have enough side quests as it is. Everybody has been asking for a continuation of the main storyline. We don't want adventure, battles, loot and gold, because we already have all of that. Every pirate101 player who wants adventure's avatar should have quite a few side quests, because why wouldn't they? They want adventure, after all! For case of the loot, battles, and gold, after a while it all gets old. Side quests get old as well, which is why we've been compaining about not getting b15 for MORE THAN TWO YEARS!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ElijahWaterVault on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
We should think of all the updates they HAVE brought us. Not continue a negative rant that isn't getting anyone anywhere. We have the new trainers, Regatta, and RANKED PVP. I think us pirates forgot what we wanted originally implemented in the game. RANKED PVP used to be the most common request in the game a year ago. Now we have it, and I know lots of people are enjoying it.

KI is tweaking and making sure everything is in place before they add a new storyline update. It's like cleaning up your house before you host a party. I know it's a lot to ask, but please keep your patience a little bit longer. Kingsisle really does care, and they do really want to add a storyline update. You would all be doing them a favor by showing them some support.
Yes. We all should be thanking KI for the recent update & everything they've done. The Regatta is the first nautical gauntlet, & I had a good time doing it, as well as Ranked PVP. And let's not also forget that our companions have been given more added Epic Talents, too, as well as receiving more throughout leveling with promotion quests instead of just prom quests alone(though I've yet to know of them receiving more at higher levels past 55). I really liked that a lot. Helps us to get through the early to mid to high level content a bit, though, I would like them to receive many more new powers besides just through promo quests, but that's a different story.

Let's just enjoy what we've got from KI & make the best of it we can. Cleaning up a house before hosting a party depends on how large you have a crowd that may make a mess during a said party. And, if you had the largest crowd amount yet, the cleaning can take longer before hosting again.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
ElijahWaterVault on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:

I was going to Yar this... but then I saw the 101 over there I didn't want to ruin it.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
I may not be THANKING KI at the moment, but I am paying them. Not just dues, but quite a few crowns over the years (what can I say - I like my henchmen). If you're happy with PvP and all these side distractions, then cheers, I'm happy for you.

Speaking only for myself, I'm interested in the central quest. New lands, old lands, new skyways - whatever. I have five pirates sitting at level 65, with pets and companions maxed out and I'm kind of bored with a 6th time through the same story.

So if they've decided they'd rather make this Ye Ole Fight Club and we should all forget about maps or quests or stories that are going to move pirates beyond level 65 and give them new goal oriented quests to follow, well, I'll leave you to it. Enjoy, with my best wishes. But I'm not interested.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Almost Shiny on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
I may not be THANKING KI at the moment, but I am paying them. Not just dues, but quite a few crowns over the years (what can I say - I like my henchmen). If you're happy with PvP and all these side distractions, then cheers, I'm happy for you.

Speaking only for myself, I'm interested in the central quest. New lands, old lands, new skyways - whatever. I have five pirates sitting at level 65, with pets and companions maxed out and I'm kind of bored with a 6th time through the same story.

So if they've decided they'd rather make this Ye Ole Fight Club and we should all forget about maps or quests or stories that are going to move pirates beyond level 65 and give them new goal oriented quests to follow, well, I'll leave you to it. Enjoy, with my best wishes. But I'm not interested.
They haven't forgotten, Almost Shiny, and they know we haven't ( as if they needed any more reminding from disgruntled players.)
Try having six pirates waiting at the level cap for the two years and a bit.
If you have read the producer's letter carefully, then you know the story has been delayed, I suspect that some aspects of the story weren't coming together as planned and instead of throwing us an unsatifying and flawed storyline, decided to scrap it and start from scratch.
I'm very sure that when the story comes it will blow our minds!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Almost Shiny on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
This raises bad memories - and thus the worry.

Around a decade ago, the Sims came out with a side-product called The Sims Medieval. Like Pirate 101, I enjoyed it more than the original. It came out with one EP (interestingly enough, included Pirates), then they totally abandoned it.

I started with W101, and because the friend who pulled me into this (she plays almost as much as her kids) prefers it, sometimes I go back. But I really prefer P101. And all of this feels way too familiar. I should probably stick to Sudoku. If I am brought to the point of abandoning P101, I'm dropping W101, too. I have lots of other things I should be doing, anyway.
I don't know if I'd compare KI with EA's situations. At least KI will take time out of their day when you contact their customer support for help! Also, can you imagine the world pricings..?

Valincia: $19.99

Mooshu: $40.00

Cool Ranch: $59.99

etc..

lol Sims Medieval was my favorite game when it came out, too. I think KI forgot about their game because it didn't make a lot of sales. My game didn't even work for windows 8 when I bought it and there was no fix from EA... had to go to some pirates to fix it...

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
They haven't forgotten, Almost Shiny, and they know we haven't ( as if they needed any more reminding from disgruntled players.)
Try having six pirates waiting at the level cap for the two years and a bit.
If you have read the producer's letter carefully, then you know the story has been delayed, I suspect that some aspects of the story weren't coming together as planned and instead of throwing us an unsatifying and flawed storyline, decided to scrap it and start from scratch.
I'm very sure that when the story comes it will blow our minds!
You're correct. I can only hope that at least we get to travel to Grizzleheim and Krokotopia before the first major story arc ends, likely because I would be interested to see the Home World 5(you know, those based on which of the 5 worlds our Pirates were raised on) companions made... someday.

Regardless, I understand that the story's gotten delayed once again, and we know how some people can't take delays, especially the slightest ones, but let's not dwell in on the past. I've read that letter, and I understood it. We should be thanking KI for what they've given us to keep us occupied for a little while more, not give them more negative deconstructive thinking.

Don't worry. We'll just have to hang in there for a little while longer. Besides, we may have later Books that may contain 5 or more Chapters.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
I'm not really sure what "negative deconstructive thinking" is, but I'm not sure it's something you can give someone else. My apparently negative attitude might not be constructive - but since I'm in a powerless (or at least passive) situation, I'm not sure how I could be constructive.

I'm not upset with the game itself. Whatever my frustrations, I haven't jumped on here to complain about every little thing. I don't object to these side activities (though I hope it doesn't get as convoluted as W101 - I joined my friend on there the other day, after a couple months away, and I had no idea what was going on!). I have no expectation that what I think is important is any more important than everyone else who plays (and enjoys) the game. I just don't like not knowing. I'm sure there are legitimate business reasons for not telling us what's going on, but I don't like that. I don't speak cryptic, and I don't find it cute. I'm not going to walk away in a huff (or more importantly, cancel my membership) if they come out and say "we've run into difficulty with the central story, and there won't be an update until after the first of the year" - I'd just like to know. Mostly, I'd like to know that they have concrete, actionable plans for continuing the story - adding new levels and new content. That's it.

But if they don't know yet if or when the story will continue, and they're still just considering options (especially if one is pulling the plug), I think we deserve to know that, too.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, Max! Do you really think it will take until May for KI to release new story content? I'm hoping that it'll be sooner ( much sooner, please ) than that.
I don't blame players for leaving, especially those who bought a subscription; for what are they getting? Their membership runs out and there's no story update? Why continue?
Believe me, I'm sure KI is fully aware of the situation this loooong delay is causing among the players. But you know they never discuss schedule: although in this case, why they can't make a statement like "If nothing goes wrong the new story will be released in___." I don't know.
Try having 6 maxed-out pirates on your hands!
"Do you really think it will take until May for KI to release new story content? I'm hoping that it'll be sooner ( much sooner, please ) than that."

September rolls around...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
"Do you really think it will take until May for KI to release new story content? I'm hoping that it'll be sooner ( much sooner, please ) than that."

September rolls around...
Lol yes, my wide-eyed optimism comes back to haunt me.....

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
Lol yes, my wide-eyed optimism comes back to haunt me.....
When all you have to go on is optimism, you go big or go home. Or something.

On the upside, you (and Max) didn't say May of what year. "The troops will be home before Christmas" never said what year either, so you have historical precedent!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
When all you have to go on is optimism, you go big or go home. Or something.

On the upside, you (and Max) didn't say May of what year. "The troops will be home before Christmas" never said what year either, so you have historical precedent!
Right. They could still be correct in saying "released by May" since it could be THIS May that it's released... it might very well be...

My theory (really just a random guess, so nobody get too excited) is that the new world will be released after Christmas since the months from September to December/January is always a hectic time, and I doubt KI would want to release a major update during that storm. It would be really special if they could release it on New Years Day (or the day after since everybody in Texas is on vacation), but that may be pushing it. It would be even MORE special [for me] if they could release it on my Birthday (Oct. 18), but that's not going to happen either I think since it's right in the middle of that hectic time period hahah