One year, seven months...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
This year, May 23rd will mark two years since any new worlds were added to the game.

That is unusually long, considering the game will only have been open for two years seven months at that time.

I understand that King's Isle wants to get it right, but surely, the game as a whole was not in development for two years prior to opening. Are events in the next world that crucial to the ending that they can't release even a single world to explore?

I presently have two pirates at level 65, who will soon be joined by two more at my present level of advancement. There are already people leaving the game simply because nothing new has been added (with the exception of Moo Manchu's tower, which is only like two hours long) and a fair amount of retcon work.

Can we at least have an estimate when the next world will be released, so we can prepare?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9182
Max DeGroot on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
This year, May 23rd will mark two years since any new worlds were added to the game.

That is unusually long, considering the game will only have been open for two years seven months at that time.

I understand that King's Isle wants to get it right, but surely, the game as a whole was not in development for two years prior to opening. Are events in the next world that crucial to the ending that they can't release even a single world to explore?

I presently have two pirates at level 65, who will soon be joined by two more at my present level of advancement. There are already people leaving the game simply because nothing new has been added (with the exception of Moo Manchu's tower, which is only like two hours long) and a fair amount of retcon work.

Can we at least have an estimate when the next world will be released, so we can prepare?
Ahoy, Max! Do you really think it will take until May for KI to release new story content? I'm hoping that it'll be sooner ( much sooner, please ) than that.
I don't blame players for leaving, especially those who bought a subscription; for what are they getting? Their membership runs out and there's no story update? Why continue?
Believe me, I'm sure KI is fully aware of the situation this loooong delay is causing among the players. But you know they never discuss schedule: although in this case, why they can't make a statement like "If nothing goes wrong the new story will be released in___." I don't know.
Try having 6 maxed-out pirates on your hands!

Ensign
Oct 20, 2011
20
Agreed i have been waiting for ages for a new update. The smaller ones that have come out are good and all but i just want something to explore and have fun in.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
It's usually on late March that a new world that is released. Initially last year they plan to release a new world by late fall, but something else came up. Like adding new contents like the black market, that would be nice if it's placed in Scirmshaw for a good reason it fits on the surrounding,but free to play players would complain since this zone is not a free to play zone( Refer to the chapter pricing ) . Hopefully this year they release a new world as well as expansion to existing worlds like Valencia, Marylebone etc, to continue the storyline.
So ready to enter to Girzzlehim or whatever world comes next, after Aquila.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
35
Yeah, it's a shame..Hopefully we get a new world by March. I currently have 3 maxes and My Witchdoctor is level 58. Many, MANY. of my friends have left the game. I have a whole bunch of friends, yet only 5 or 6 are on. Eight. People. (YUP, only eight!) were on during the black market stuff. that's it. I mean, all of the updates are awesome. But I've actually lost good friends because there hasn't been an update. (sorry if I sound rude) I really hope KI decides to give us a new world in a few more months. so I can see some of my old friends again

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
148
Max DeGroot on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
This year, May 23rd will mark two years since any new worlds were added to the game.

That is unusually long, considering the game will only have been open for two years seven months at that time.

I understand that King's Isle wants to get it right, but surely, the game as a whole was not in development for two years prior to opening. Are events in the next world that crucial to the ending that they can't release even a single world to explore?

I presently have two pirates at level 65, who will soon be joined by two more at my present level of advancement. There are already people leaving the game simply because nothing new has been added (with the exception of Moo Manchu's tower, which is only like two hours long) and a fair amount of retcon work.

Can we at least have an estimate when the next world will be released, so we can prepare?
Usually world's aren't released in the time period of almost 2 years so something big is happening either something big is coming with the new world or world's, they might be releasing more than 2 world's so that is probably my guess.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
For me, the new world better be released in January. I'm officially not logging into Pirate101 as of right now until the new world is released. Pirate101 has kept me waiting too long.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
7
I agree, I am so sick of waiting for new story content. I feel SO sorry for the people who have 6 maxed characters! I currently have 2, both done with Aquila, and another at level 62, just starting Aquila. (The rest are below level 20 lol ) I've honestly been taking HUGE breaks from the game myself just because I get bored of doing the same quests over and over again with no new story content appearing. It's so strange that KI has neglected updating the story, too... it's really not like them. I wouldn't quit the game just because there hasn't been story related updates for almost 2 years; hey, at least they spent 2014 giving us countless gameplay additions. And besides, I've waited longer on a certain other game for new content of any kind to be released (**cough cough** Toontown Online **cough cough**). But still... they better have something completely amazing up their sleeve when they finally do update the story, and I seriously hope they update it in the first three months of 2015.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
619
I've been slowly amassing my armada of companions as I wait. Now at 124 companions, I am EAGERLY anticipating the new expansion, and I believe that I will rush through all of it! But.....something is making me believe, that with the waiting time, this expansion will be either 2 VERY high quality and long worlds, or 3-4 worlds that will take just a couple days of dedicated work to get past. This may be a bit of a long wait, but I wait in silence, meditating over how to conquer all that dares to oppose me. As my pirate once said to Moo Manchu:

"You laugh at me? UNWISE."-Slick Michael Radcliffe.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
53
I've been waiting very patiently and playing other games to wait for the next world update (I probably wont even get to play it right away because the computer i played pirate101 on broke down and i cant play it on the one im on now) But once it does come out i'll be excited to know which worlds i'll be going to when i do get the chance to play

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, Max! Do you really think it will take until May for KI to release new story content? I'm hoping that it'll be sooner ( much sooner, please ) than that.
I don't blame players for leaving, especially those who bought a subscription; for what are they getting? Their membership runs out and there's no story update? Why continue?
Believe me, I'm sure KI is fully aware of the situation this loooong delay is causing among the players. But you know they never discuss schedule: although in this case, why they can't make a statement like "If nothing goes wrong the new story will be released in___." I don't know.
Try having 6 maxed-out pirates on your hands!
Actually, yes. I do think it will take them until May. I thought, for certain, that they would release something in October in time for the second anniversary, but they didn't. Not a thing.

Now they just updated with scrip to buy more stuff which doesn't really help you, and adding captain's quarters on ships, which is a good thing, actually, but again, doesn't really help you.

As I said back in October, if you subscribed rather than bought crowns, you lost out. The crown players got the better deal nearly a year ago.

I'd rather they release a world with flaws in it and needs retcon later than to continue adding more fluff to the present storyline.

Hey, think you can help me take on Moo Manchu's tower some time?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
Monkrinx2024 on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
It's usually on late March that a new world that is released. Initially last year they plan to release a new world by late fall, but something else came up. Like adding new contents like the black market, that would be nice if it's placed in Scirmshaw for a good reason it fits on the surrounding,but free to play players would complain since this zone is not a free to play zone( Refer to the chapter pricing ) . Hopefully this year they release a new world as well as expansion to existing worlds like Valencia, Marylebone etc, to continue the storyline.
So ready to enter to Girzzlehim or whatever world comes next, after Aquila.
That may be true in Wizard 101, but there has been only 1 new world release in Pirate 101, and that was nearly two years ago in May.

I suspect the second part of Valencia is next. After that, who knows?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9182
Max DeGroot on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Actually, yes. I do think it will take them until May. I thought, for certain, that they would release something in October in time for the second anniversary, but they didn't. Not a thing.

Now they just updated with scrip to buy more stuff which doesn't really help you, and adding captain's quarters on ships, which is a good thing, actually, but again, doesn't really help you.

As I said back in October, if you subscribed rather than bought crowns, you lost out. The crown players got the better deal nearly a year ago.

I'd rather they release a world with flaws in it and needs retcon later than to continue adding more fluff to the present storyline.

Hey, think you can help me take on Moo Manchu's tower some time?
I would love to, let me know: day, time ( zone ) realm. Saturday and Sunday mornings are not good for me as for now, but evenings are entirely free.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Possibly they are extremely close to having it ready and unveiling some sneak peaks and maybe even test all at once. The fact that they are keeping very hush-hush leads me to hope and believe that they are right on the cusp of bringing the new content and worlds to us. You know, the whole brilliant marketing tactic of "make them want something sooooo bad, then right when they are about to burst and go histerical, schlap 'em in da face with more amazement than they could have ever hoped for and dreamed of!" You should look it up, it's a great and valuable marketing tool.

If this were the case then, to say too much at this point may steal too much of the surprise and squeal factor from us, if the unveiling is almost here. Possibly they are mere weeks or even days from delivering the goods and they are just so focused on ironing out the last little bit of wrinkles, before that much needed schlap comes. And that's why we haven't seen much of Jack, Ratbeard and of course Mew-- whom I fear may have accidently wandered into a not-blind bats' cave.

They could be doing the final polishing, before they blind us with the SHINE!

Well, that's the optimist in me at least. But I have a gut feeling that it's coming very, very, very soon. (Pepto anyone?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9182
Max DeGroot on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Actually, yes. I do think it will take them until May. I thought, for certain, that they would release something in October in time for the second anniversary, but they didn't. Not a thing.

Now they just updated with scrip to buy more stuff which doesn't really help you, and adding captain's quarters on ships, which is a good thing, actually, but again, doesn't really help you.

As I said back in October, if you subscribed rather than bought crowns, you lost out. The crown players got the better deal nearly a year ago.

I'd rather they release a world with flaws in it and needs retcon later than to continue adding more fluff to the present storyline.

Hey, think you can help me take on Moo Manchu's tower some time?
It is depressing to realize, that I'm in the exact position I was one year ago: max level ( not nautical ) and joyfully anticipating the release of a new book. This long hiatus, however, allowed me to catch up on my nautical, fill up some badge requirements, & leveled up ALL my companions ( before companion management came through, I still have the free tomes we were given when that update went live ).
Thank goodness I had created a new pirate and had a level 58 to get through to Aquila, but still that only occupied me until June
I'm hopeful and trying to wait patiently for a story update. ( which I hope comes before crafting, even though I want to craft.)
Blind Mew has been curiously silent since July.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Possibly they are extremely close to having it ready and unveiling some sneak peaks and maybe even test all at once. The fact that they are keeping very hush-hush leads me to hope and believe that they are right on the cusp of bringing the new content and worlds to us. You know, the whole brilliant marketing tactic of "make them want something sooooo bad, then right when they are about to burst and go histerical, schlap 'em in da face with more amazement than they could have ever hoped for and dreamed of!" You should look it up, it's a great and valuable marketing tool.

If this were the case then, to say too much at this point may steal too much of the surprise and squeal factor from us, if the unveiling is almost here. Possibly they are mere weeks or even days from delivering the goods and they are just so focused on ironing out the last little bit of wrinkles, before that much needed schlap comes. And that's why we haven't seen much of Jack, Ratbeard and of course Mew-- whom I fear may have accidently wandered into a not-blind bats' cave.

They could be doing the final polishing, before they blind us with the SHINE!

Well, that's the optimist in me at least. But I have a gut feeling that it's coming very, very, very soon. (Pepto anyone?)
Does that marketing tool work on teachers when turning in late homework?

But in all seriousness, Valkoor is right. The developers have hardly posted at all, except for Decius and his hilarious bird head pictures. That means there is a very high chance they are super-duper busy wrapping up the finishing touches on what is to be released.

All of the negativity surrounding the lack of story updates is getting a little annoying. Can't we all step back, take a deep breath, and accept that the game is what it is at the moment? I seriously doubt that KI will make us wait until May for the story continuation. The updates could be just around the corner. All we have to do, and all we can do, is wait. Patiently.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
MistyDragon13 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Does that marketing tool work on teachers when turning in late homework?

But in all seriousness, Valkoor is right. The developers have hardly posted at all, except for Decius and his hilarious bird head pictures. That means there is a very high chance they are super-duper busy wrapping up the finishing touches on what is to be released.

All of the negativity surrounding the lack of story updates is getting a little annoying. Can't we all step back, take a deep breath, and accept that the game is what it is at the moment? I seriously doubt that KI will make us wait until May for the story continuation. The updates could be just around the corner. All we have to do, and all we can do, is wait. Patiently.
Well, it's worth a try Misty-- just don't let them know where you got the idea from. But I'd say playing with money is a bit less risky than playing with your education, or are they one in the same, or two similar differences that appear equal? Rats, confused again am I.

Hmmm, on second thought, you better hop off the boards and get your homework done Misty...I wouldn't depend on any marketing miracle tactics.

But like you and Esperanza alluded to- negatives can be made into positives and positives can be made into negatives, but being positively negative never did much good. Life's too short to just stay mad, frustrated or irritated at something, surely there's things around to turn the negative into more of a positive. If you (not actually you Misty) can wait it out and still have fun-- awesome! If the waiting is causing too much frustrations, take a deep breath like you stated, (this time the you is you Misty) and find that positive and have fun with it. Then come back and enjoy the game again.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
Does that marketing tool work on teachers when turning in late homework?

Not this one, sorry. It might on some, though, so feel free to try it out in any class except biology.

All we have to do, and all we can do, is wait
.

Waiting is all we have to do. Patience would be a nice treat, but as we've already seen, whining and empty threats are available options for what we can do.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
228
I am so ready for new content. I would hate it if they have sneak peeks that last a long time. I would rather have a few sneak peek, once a day, for a week, and then the big reveal. I hope it is not all on story, but on other things as well so I do not get bored after I finish the story. Come on hints or sneak peeks!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Does that marketing tool work on teachers when turning in late homework?

Not this one, sorry. It might on some, though, so feel free to try it out in any class except biology.

All we have to do, and all we can do, is wait
.

Waiting is all we have to do. Patience would be a nice treat, but as we've already seen, whining and empty threats are available options for what we can do.
Looks like my biology teacher will be receiving my homework on-time. Not that I'd turn it in late or anything, because biology is actually my favorite class. Geometry, on the other hand, not so much.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2009
49
Another good hint that leans towards a new world, or world update is that there was no Vadima's vision in the past newsletter. That's probably because we are most likely heading back to Valencia, and if they show a sneak peak, we will already know the surroundings, what the residents look like, etc. If not Valencia, than maybe a world from Wiz101. Anything is possible. But for now, let's hope and pray for a new world.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
anecorbie on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
It is depressing to realize, that I'm in the exact position I was one year ago: max level ( not nautical ) and joyfully anticipating the release of a new book. This long hiatus, however, allowed me to catch up on my nautical, fill up some badge requirements, & leveled up ALL my companions ( before companion management came through, I still have the free tomes we were given when that update went live ).
Thank goodness I had created a new pirate and had a level 58 to get through to Aquila, but still that only occupied me until June
I'm hopeful and trying to wait patiently for a story update. ( which I hope comes before crafting, even though I want to craft.)
Blind Mew has been curiously silent since July.
With the ability to send your companions out to get companion and nautical experience, there really is no excuse not to have your companions at the same level as your pirate and your nautical level one level above. You don't even have to play the game. Just keep sending your companions out Brawlin' and Sailin'.

You can even get your gold maxed on every pirate through Plunderin' and Scavagin'.

Every single one of my pirates has their companions the same level as their captain, Nautical level one above the pirate level, and gold at 200,000.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Possibly they are extremely close to having it ready and unveiling some sneak peaks and maybe even test all at once. The fact that they are keeping very hush-hush leads me to hope and believe that they are right on the cusp of bringing the new content and worlds to us. You know, the whole brilliant marketing tactic of "make them want something sooooo bad, then right when they are about to burst and go histerical, schlap 'em in da face with more amazement than they could have ever hoped for and dreamed of!" You should look it up, it's a great and valuable marketing tool.

If this were the case then, to say too much at this point may steal too much of the surprise and squeal factor from us, if the unveiling is almost here. Possibly they are mere weeks or even days from delivering the goods and they are just so focused on ironing out the last little bit of wrinkles, before that much needed schlap comes. And that's why we haven't seen much of Jack, Ratbeard and of course Mew-- whom I fear may have accidently wandered into a not-blind bats' cave.

They could be doing the final polishing, before they blind us with the SHINE!

Well, that's the optimist in me at least. But I have a gut feeling that it's coming very, very, very soon. (Pepto anyone?)
I can understand the optimism, however, as far as marketting, they will usually hype the improvements well ahead of time. Movie trailers now come out a YEAR before the actual release (we all saw the Star Wars trailer, right?) with hype increasing the entire year.

As far as getting members into that state, they are failing miserably. NO hint at all of what is coming or when. Things hit the test server maybe two weeks before implementation (usually, just to stress test and find any last minute bugs) and there is normally no hint of what is coming before that point.

As I said, players are tired of waiting and are leaving. By then, you are well past the point hyping them with new stuff.

The pessimist in me says that KI is hurting financially and is spending a lot more time fending off DDOS attacks and hackers, just like Toontown did. It was about two years after they stopped introducing anything really new that they finally announced they are closing their doors. I would hate to think that that is happening to KI.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Max DeGroot on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
With the ability to send your companions out to get companion and nautical experience, there really is no excuse not to have your companions at the same level as your pirate and your nautical level one level above. You don't even have to play the game. Just keep sending your companions out Brawlin' and Sailin'.

You can even get your gold maxed on every pirate through Plunderin' and Scavagin'.

Every single one of my pirates has their companions the same level as their captain, Nautical level one above the pirate level, and gold at 200,000.
Plunderin' and Scavengin' are nice for gold, but the REAL GOLD lies in pet trainin'-- yep you heard it correctly, pet trainin'.....YARR.

Even the occasional 30000 jackpot can't hold a candle to pretty much a guaranteed 10-20k each & every time you log in-- more with other maxed pirates, providing you set your pets up to do so. I get over 10k every morning & every evening, just from gear brought in from my 1 maxed pirate & my 5 other pirates that are all at or below level 13. Could even be more but I usually only get to log in twice a day-- a midday collect would bolster the gear & gold intake even that much more.

And.....here's the even greater part.....my fine lower level cohorts have amassed cargo hold of critter gear that, at present, will equate to nearly 3,000,000+ in gold. A fine haul for only about 10-15 minutes worth of "work" a day. And that's with Energy amounts no greater than 52 on my Musketeer-- all my other pirates are in the 40's.

Also, with chest farming I can go from 0 gold to max in only about 40 minutes. Boring but absolutely, without a doubt the most efficient & fastest way to max out on gold.

Brawlin' is not near as effective as having a small handful of companions working to bring in training tomes. It may take several days of collecting from Brawlin' to move a single companion up a level. In the meantime you can collect a few tomes in simply a day or 2. So, you can easily move companions up a level within one day, versus taking several days-- especially if you wait to use them until your pirate is a couple levels higher than your crew. Brawlin' at levels 50+ seems to be a decent way to go because it takes less collects to gain a level than at lower levels...perhaps because your Crew member doing the collectin' is quickly becoming a highly skilled warrior and mastering it's art.

I raised a couple pages of my son's maxed pirate's companions, ranging from level 13-25 (about 25 total), all the way to max in a couple weeks-- just from having 5 companions collecting training tomes and only checking in twice a day to collect from other tasks and pet training. I didn't send any on Brawlin' until they were at least level 50+. With being able to control our crew, it's more efficient to not even train crew members past the 1st page (or even the first couple rows), unless you like having your battle crew set to random or make multiple runs of the tower or arena a day. That way you will work towards maxing your pirate and by "leaving those companions behind" a bit, they will gain several levels per tome (even up to 10+ levels). At max level, having only 5 crew members bringing in tomes, will get those other "unused" crewmembers up to level 50-55+ in no time at all, in which you can then switch them to Brawlin' and focus tomes on building up the next few lower levels. I used Brawlin' at first for most of those lower levels, but the Tome way was much, much, much, much faster and more efficient-- with a higher pirate level.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
27
It's crazy to think how much time has actually gone by since the game went live or Aquila came out. I remember the excitement I felt when the beta version of Pirate 101 came out. Wizard 101 was just too kiddie for me to enjoy anymore and I welcomed the upgraded gaming that pirates represented.

My pals and I rushed through the content and loved every minute of it. The game proved to be all that I hoped it would be and more. But soon it was over ( too soon.) and I was so hooked on pirate 101 that I never played Wizard 101 again.

When we ran out of content after Mooshu, I stopped playing for months. Then Aquila came out. By then maybe half of the friends I had when the game first launched were still playing the game. we had fun and enjoyed blowing through the new content. All too soon Aquila was subdued and there was nothing else to do.

Remember when the armadillo was the best pet in the game? lol, we've come a long way since then.

Anyway I've recently started playing again when I logged in on a fluke and found the Moo Manchu content.
At that time it was well over a year and some change since I logged onto the game. Ihad completely forgotten how to be a witch doctor and started a new character. lol there was just too much time between chapters to justify maintaining a year membership.

KI.. I hope you are about to release some major content to justify this unacceptable wait, I honestly would have preferred that you released the new stuff in smaller bites, but with much shorter delay times.

At this point I don't care which world you release as long as it gets released.
.