Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch Promotion Idea

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
So...this one is AFTER his Skeletal Shaman promotion that we all saw here, because obviously that one's already been created. This one is Skeletal Shaman to Mojo Master, his 4th promotion (given that Kingsisle likes it.)

Quest: Motl Recall
Old Scratch has some strange visions and doesn't know where they're from. He first goes to see Vadima, who sends you to collect various memory-enhancing, magical elements across the spiral, which all fail to reveal anything in her crystal ball. Next, Vadima recommends Maka Motl, who suspects they are memories from before he died, and that he might be able to restore them using some potion. The potion doesn't work, and Old Scratch decides to go to the Vault of the Mysteries to make a deal. He has to sacrifice his memory of Hoodoo, in exchange for full memory of the moment that his obscure visions were from. (Remember, the Mysteries are pretty cruel, and they took away 5 years of your memory just to answer your question with a question. Also, by the way, here's his Rogue's Gallery.) From his description of the memory, he is broken out of the Glass House, and given the helm of a pirate ship in a clear Westminster Skyway, no Beachhead or any other traces of the Armada. This shows that, for a part of his life, Old Scratch was a pirate captain, and before the Napoleguinic Wars, or at least the rise of the Armada. Sadly, he is only addressed as "Captain," and he doesn't find out his name. You decide to take him to Vadima to re-train his mojo. She summons Old Scratch's master, Papa Legbones, once again. You have to fight him as practice. Then, she sends you to Cool Ranch to meet Sister Snake, who will bless Old Scratch in return for some personal favors (stopping a witchdoctor from being executed by the Monquisition). When that's done, Old Scratch has to see some necromancers in MooShu and learn spells that summon demons.

Upgrades (Appearance): also look at this maybe
  • New title - Mojo Master
  • Cool designs and stuff...you should really look at that link
  • Glowing eyes in your primary flag color
  • New golden skull wand
  • Those gross pants have finally been replaced after 4 promotions

Uprgades (Stats):

• Feet of Clay power, summons a weak privateer colossus (the Wizard101 kind) with Hold the Line and Riposte.
  • Ill Will epic talent, hits back once per turn when a melee opponent hits him.
  • +1 epic talent choice.

Well, I hope you liked this. I did. If you did not like this and you consider him way too OP, I will gladly argue with you. Maybe even agree with you and figure out a compromise.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
AndrewDeathblade11... on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:
So...this one is AFTER his Skeletal Shaman promotion that we all saw here, because obviously that one's already been created. This one is Skeletal Shaman to Mojo Master, his 4th promotion (given that Kingsisle likes it.)

Quest: Motl Recall
Old Scratch has some strange visions and doesn't know where they're from. He first goes to see Vadima, who sends you to collect various memory-enhancing, magical elements across the spiral, which all fail to reveal anything in her crystal ball. Next, Vadima recommends Maka Motl, who suspects they are memories from before he died, and that he might be able to restore them using some potion. The potion doesn't work, and Old Scratch decides to go to the Vault of the Mysteries to make a deal. He has to sacrifice his memory of Hoodoo, in exchange for full memory of the moment that his obscure visions were from. (Remember, the Mysteries are pretty cruel, and they took away 5 years of your memory just to answer your question with a question. Also, by the way, here's his Rogue's Gallery.) From his description of the memory, he is broken out of the Glass House, and given the helm of a pirate ship in a clear Westminster Skyway, no Beachhead or any other traces of the Armada. This shows that, for a part of his life, Old Scratch was a pirate captain, and before the Napoleguinic Wars, or at least the rise of the Armada. Sadly, he is only addressed as "Captain," and he doesn't find out his name. You decide to take him to Vadima to re-train his mojo. She summons Old Scratch's master, Papa Legbones, once again. You have to fight him as practice. Then, she sends you to Cool Ranch to meet Sister Snake, who will bless Old Scratch in return for some personal favors (stopping a witchdoctor from being executed by the Monquisition). When that's done, Old Scratch has to see some necromancers in MooShu and learn spells that summon demons.

Upgrades (Appearance): also look at this maybe
  • New title - Mojo Master
  • Cool designs and stuff...you should really look at that link
  • Glowing eyes in your primary flag color
  • New golden skull wand
  • Those gross pants have finally been replaced after 4 promotions

Uprgades (Stats):

• Feet of Clay power, summons a weak privateer colossus (the Wizard101 kind) with Hold the Line and Riposte.
  • Ill Will epic talent, hits back once per turn when a melee opponent hits him.
  • +1 epic talent choice.

Well, I hope you liked this. I did. If you did not like this and you consider him way too OP, I will gladly argue with you. Maybe even agree with you and figure out a compromise.
Some of the promtoion storyline has gaps that could be replaced with something more exciting but it's great, the title is amazing and suitable with his recently added powers, I love the looks of the promotions you made on central especially old scratches and would really fit as another promotion for each, I don't think the feet of clay power is fitting with his character, it could be more suited to the inoshishi necromancer though, the ill will power sounds great though but it could be changed to murderous mojo to be more fitting with his title and powers, this is a nice snazzy idea

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Some of the promtoion storyline has gaps that could be replaced with something more exciting but it's great, the title is amazing and suitable with his recently added powers, I love the looks of the promotions you made on central especially old scratches and would really fit as another promotion for each, I don't think the feet of clay power is fitting with his character, it could be more suited to the inoshishi necromancer though, the ill will power sounds great though but it could be changed to murderous mojo to be more fitting with his title and powers, this is a nice snazzy idea
Bone Drake summon instead?
Wraith summon?

I did share a little bit of similar thinking on the power, that's part of the reason I had it be part of the quest to train under necromancers in MooShu.

I like Murderous Mojo, but I personally think Ill Will sounds more fresh. I mean, Murderous is new, but there are already 3 epics with Mojo in them.

Ty for feedback...not seeing much these days...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
AndrewDeathblade11... on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Bone Drake summon instead?
Wraith summon?

I did share a little bit of similar thinking on the power, that's part of the reason I had it be part of the quest to train under necromancers in MooShu.

I like Murderous Mojo, but I personally think Ill Will sounds more fresh. I mean, Murderous is new, but there are already 3 epics with Mojo in them.

Ty for feedback...not seeing much these days...
Wow you totally improved the idea with those other 2 summon ideas, I would like the wraith if it was black like the ebon spectre otherwise I think a bone drake is a great idea and it's great to have the inoshishi necromancers as a fall back

I'm glad you like the name but if you prefer ill will then go for it

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I forgot to say, the promotion quest starts when Old Scratch reaches level 83.

Yeah, if Feet of Clay doesn't go through, obviously a wraith summon would be the next best. Hopefully it'd keep its Hold the Line though, as melee witchdoctor minions are already basically useless without guaranteed attacks.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012