Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

For KI Developers & Crew

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
As a former IT Professional who has 25+ years experience through programming, testing, implementations, being on call for that midnight page, managing staff, teams and groups and finally ending my sentence as an IT Auditor (thanks to Sarbanes-Oxley) let me say.....

Your tireless efforts during these past months, especially these past few weeks and definitely this week are not going unnoticed. Those of us who are blessed with a Beta Key or a Boochbeard bundle have seen the results of your hard work first hand.

So while you toil through the 18 hour days or working around the clock, sleeping under your desk or in the "quiet room", not to mention the laughs about the "keyboard face" for those who fell asleep at their "duty station", dealing with what seems like the endless headache, backache and cramps in your fingers, hands, legs and other body parts hoping that just one more cup of coffee will get you through the next bug fix or crash report and the next implementation won't break something new, we want you to know that WE appreciate your efforts and with a hardy Argggg and Eh Matey we say:

Thank you! Thank you for the fun, thrills, excitement and anticipation for what's just around the corner. We appreciate all you've done and all you're doing! We raise a toast of your drink of choice in your honor and say job well done!!

~ Springwolf & Spyderwolf

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
It is so nice to hear from the people who truly understand the process. It gives the rest of us a glimps into those long hours, and what goes into putting this wonderful game together, just so we can have some fun and entertainment. My eye-patch (hat) is off to you.

Ensign
May 21, 2008
You're absolutely welcome -- thank you, for being willing to give our game a chance!

Seeing Avery's Court full of players, and the skyways full of ships -- that's the single biggest gift you can give us in return. Nothing is more satisfying then knowing that people enjoying the game you've built.

(That said, we certainly would appreciate it if you would everyone you know how much fun it is!)

See you in the Spiral!

JTC

Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
I would like to also add my congratulations and thanks for your efforts in creating this amazing game. I know as crunch time approaches the staff is working feverishly (devouring large amounts of caffiene and sugar in the process) to keep up with the last minute changes, criticisms, bugs, and general polishing that is still to be attended to. Never let it be lost, despite our comments on the boards, that we love this game and are jumping up and down like little kids in our excitement for it to be generally released. And oh yeah, we've been spreading the word, no worries about that.

Community Leader
Ahoy! I just wanted to say I had so much fun during beta! I know it was for testing but the game is way too much of a success for me to say I enjoyed testing only! I really want to thank you for inviting me to test the game out (first time Beta tester here) and I really know this game is going to be a success just like Wizard101! Thank you Kingsisle for being the best game team in the world and creating great games for everyone to enjoy!

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
As a first time beta tester myself, I agree completely! This has been quite an honor and I must say a big thank you to KI.

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
This is so bittersweet. I have enjoyed my time on beta very much and will miss this great adventure. I will be having serious Pirate withdrawal when beta goes down on Saturday evening, but I will be looking forward to Monday and live realm. Just want to say thank you KI for giving me this great opportunity. :)

Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
SpiralVision on Oct 5, 2012 wrote:
Ahoy! I just wanted to say I had so much fun during beta! I know it was for testing but the game is way too much of a success for me to say I enjoyed testing only! I really want to thank you for inviting me to test the game out (first time Beta tester here) and I really know this game is going to be a success just like Wizard101! Thank you Kingsisle for being the best game team in the world and creating great games for everyone to enjoy!
"Ditto"... This was my first experience as a Beta Tester too. Loved every minute of it, and love the new game too.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2008
I'm not even closed to pleased---I'm amazed at how awesome this game is. When I first heard about this new game, to be completely honest, I thought, "Eww.......pirates" My personality is far from close to being a pirate lover. (Uh..Argh?) But, I knew, don't judge a book by it's cover. I started keeping up with the art gallery, became hooked on Pirate101Central, and my thoughts lightened a bit.
And then, one of my {epic} friends on Wizard101/W101C won an extra Beta key. She never told me about it until that day when she gave me the code for one.
So I downloaded the game. Hooray! I was in my first Beta Testing for any game. (And the best one out there! ) I immediately started playing, and the results were instantaneous. This game, right before my eyes; Was, in one word, epic.
As I was playing my favorite game, I didn't realize as one of my brothers csme up behind me and watched as I battled some cutthroats until he said, "Woah. That. Looks awesome. What is it?" I told him it was Pirate101, a new game from KI. He had been the first in the family who played Wizard101 and I owe it to him my love for this game. I let him onto my account, got the thingy (Yes, I'm so technical) on his laptop, and he made a character. An hour or two later he came back up to me and said, "-Name here-, I'm so playing that game when it comes live.
KingsIsle, Pirate101 is the greatest game. I've now got both my brothers anxious for the arrival of Monday. (Not more anxious than myself, of course! )
I just want to thank you for; something to do on those weekends when "Mom, there's nothing to do!", bringing my brothers and I closer together, and overall your effort into the game! It's very humorous, addicting, and hands-down my favorite game ever.
Long live Pirate101!

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
I had a blast in the beta.

See y'all in the live game on the 8th.

Thank you KI for letting me in the beta.

Ensign
May 02, 2010
It has been both fun and taxing at times playing in beta. It has been a blast discovering a vast new view of the spiral. Even with the numerous occasions of bugged up quests(etc) or insane fights. Hats off to KI for really listening to the testers and really bringing out the potential in this game. Just cause beta is ending, should not be the end of responding so well to customer feedback. Here is to an ever improving p101 once it goes live.Cheers

Ensign
Oct 29, 2011
KI i have to say this game is a worthy sister of wizard101
i am really sure it's gonna be a success like wizard
i am really excited to be able to play at the start of the headstart and i think the subscriptions and crowns are really worth it.
-Anthony mistblade lvl.80 archmage pyromancer, here of avalon
(future pirate101 account )- Brave Anthony

Ensign
Oct 29, 2011
Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
I, too, would like to personally thank every last person at KI.

Thank you for allowing those of us who wanted to be in beta so badly but didn't get picked, to buy the bundle so we could get in on the tail end. You have no idea how much that was appreciated.

Thank you for the message boards and someone always having a great and helpful answer.

Thank you for the games. I like gaming but I never seem to find one that holds my interest for very long...until I found KI. I first discovered Wizard101 about two years ago but at the time was on satellite so I could only play a very short time before my allotment was up. I gave up on it because of satellite, not because of the game. In December of last year, I found it again and have thoroughly enjoyed the game.

When I saw the previews for Pirate101, honestly, I wasn't sure. I hoped it wasn't like other games so I went in with hesitation but an open mind. Boy was I wrong. This game is beyond any hope I had. I love it.

Thank you to the Director, the writers, the musicians, the techs, the artists...well, every person on those credits, thank you. All of you, combined, bring this game together with your long, hard hours, as was mentioned in the first post, and that hard work IS most definitely appreciated.

You do all that work just so we can play around. That's awesome. Sometimes in beta, it would be 2am and I would stop and think: "I wonder if they've gone home yet." You are one hour behind. Just so you know, we did think of you during all of this.

I am a huge KI fan and a big time KI addict now.

OH! And a huge, gigantic, "Wow! That's so cool!!!" thank you for the special gift you gave all of us who played in beta.

KI rules!

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
That is such a nice comment I'm sure you made everyone at KI's day.

Ensign
Jan 08, 2010
Cheers KI
A couple of years ago on a rainy day my grandkids and I were looking for a way to pass the time.. and came apon Wizard.. we played for a bit and now my entire family is flying through the spriral in a variety of ways.. I however became an avid player meeting many wonderful friends that are now apart of my "real" life .. I also met a small boy that was very ill ... and we all surrounded him with love and support through all of his trials..Hopefully giving him some enjoyment in his last days... We lost him a year ago.. and have all grieved terribly but have our amazing memories of him and our many epic battles. Now on to pirates.. You have outdone yourselves.. it is not only beautiful to see but just different enough.. exciting enough and of course safe enough for my treasured ones (of all ages) I cant thank you enough for all the care and effort you make to ensure that not only we all have a grand time but feel confident in the fact that our smaller players are safe. It is an amazing game and is surely to rival its sister game .. Wizard. For me that is saying allot.. as Wizard is dear to my heart .. I look forward to all the new adventures ... Our little lost comrad would have so much enjoyed this .. and although we miss him terribly .. we feel certain he is looking down and saying FIGHT ON.. me buckos
Your friend Julie
Parent, Grand parent and loyal KI Supporter

Ensign
Apr 10, 2011
Let first start by saying that the beta was a blast. I do have a couple of questions.
1) Is there going to be an option at some point to mount wepons on the walls like you can in Wiz101?
2) Is there going to be an option at some point to allow broad side battles in some kind of arena? This would be some thing like the arena battles in Wiz101.
I have just started a new character, I was able to skip the tutorial but I'm getting annoyed with the tutorial like instructions that follow. I would thinnk that we are given an option to skip the tutorial that we should then have a way of turnning off the tutorial like instructions that follow.
Silent Seth Musketeer - Lv. 11
Crazy Sloan Privateer - Lv. 4

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
Not much I can add to all those true great complements about KI and this great game except I'm Salty Seamus and I approve of all those great compliments for KI .

Ensign
Jun 23, 2010
I am adding my thanks belatedly. Playing Beta was an amazing experience. I even forgot it was Beta until I hit a bug. Now in live it is just as amazing. I keep saying, "Wow I get to keep this!". It is so nice to see to so much of the feedback from Beta in the game. THANK YOU Megan

Bosun
May 10, 2010
I want to personally thank everyone at KingsIsle for all of their hard work, very long hours, and dedication to making this game as awesome as it is.

I personally think this game is totally EPIC and one of the best games to date, I know I am totally addicted and many of my friends are too!

Everyone is having a great time and enjoying everything from the story line, side quests, ship battles, battleboards, just everything. We all totally love this game and we all thank you very much.

Community Leader
I would like to convey my appreciation and thanks to KI for having been given the opportunity to beta test Pirate101. It was quite an experience seeing the game evolve somewhat as we gave our feedback, and reported problems we had. Thanks for listening to us and creation of this great game.

I absolutely love the game, keep up the good work, looking forward to future content updates in the future.

Yo ho Yo HO! A Pirate101 life for me!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
Let me just say as a loyal Wizard enthusiast with 11 wizards so far, I absolutely love Pirates! I look forward to many more years of your awesome products :). I cannot wait until my grandson sees Pirates as he absolutely loves Wizards. To all the KI staff I raise my grog and toast you!

Community Leader
silent Seth on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
Let first start by saying that the beta was a blast. I do have a couple of questions.
1) Is there going to be an option at some point to mount wepons on the walls like you can in Wiz101?
2) Is there going to be an option at some point to allow broad side battles in some kind of arena? This would be some thing like the arena battles in Wiz101.
I have just started a new character, I was able to skip the tutorial but I'm getting annoyed with the tutorial like instructions that follow. I would thinnk that we are given an option to skip the tutorial that we should then have a way of turnning off the tutorial like instructions that follow.
Silent Seth Musketeer - Lv. 11
Crazy Sloan Privateer - Lv. 4
Isaacse,

The best place to ask questions about additions to the game, or what KI already has planned is in Avery's "Do you have an idea‽" post. You'll find a lot of people have asked the same thing or made suggestions that match up with your questions. It's always good to ask though. It shows KI what fans would like to see and it might help them to prioritize updates.

Hope the link helps.
~ Springwolf

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Yes, thank you so much KI. I love this game already and I've only just started playing. You guys have done a wonderful job.