Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Feedback on changes with "Late Joiners"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I don't like the new changes because it makes battles slow and boring when your pirate is a support class like a witchdoctor or privateer since they struggle taking down a single enemy on their own and since it can take ten turns to kill the enemy that we bring without the help of at least our first mate.

Even if the player is overpowered compared to the enemies the battles take forever since it's like fighting a vine with a butter knife, you're going to win but the battle is going to be long and monotonous and you'll be wishing for a good machete.

I think you guys may have been on the right track but you went to far. I think a method of progressively decreasing the number of new joining enemies for increasing number of players but the players have decreasing number of companions that corresponds with the order they joined. This would also keep the numbers of enemies under control because there are some battles that when four players join at the beginning enemies take up almost every space the entire battle board (the battles with the two brothers in the dungeon in Diablo Cut come to mind).

ex
first player: up to 3 companions (if I recall correctly this is what things ) and normal number of enemies
second player: up to 2 companions + 3/4 the number of enemies that would join for a single fight join in addition to those present from the first player
third player: first mate only + 1/2 the number of enemies that would join for a single fight join in addition to those present from the first tow players
forth player: captain only + one enemy joins in addition

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Armorclad Coyote on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
I don't like the new changes because it makes battles slow and boring when your pirate is a support class like a witchdoctor or privateer since they struggle taking down a single enemy on their own and since it can take ten turns to kill the enemy that we bring without the help of at least our first mate.

Even if the player is overpowered compared to the enemies the battles take forever since it's like fighting a vine with a butter knife, you're going to win but the battle is going to be long and monotonous and you'll be wishing for a good machete.

I think you guys may have been on the right track but you went to far. I think a method of progressively decreasing the number of new joining enemies for increasing number of players but the players have decreasing number of companions that corresponds with the order they joined. This would also keep the numbers of enemies under control because there are some battles that when four players join at the beginning enemies take up almost every space the entire battle board (the battles with the two brothers in the dungeon in Diablo Cut come to mind).

ex
first player: up to 3 companions (if I recall correctly this is what things ) and normal number of enemies
second player: up to 2 companions + 3/4 the number of enemies that would join for a single fight join in addition to those present from the first player
third player: first mate only + 1/2 the number of enemies that would join for a single fight join in addition to those present from the first tow players
forth player: captain only + one enemy joins in addition
I think this is fair and well for some reason I'm not usually getting myself in a battle even if the first turn goes and and you join that very second the second round ya get your companions so I think in the second turn you should be able to get companions cause you realize KI, not everyone has a good computer from the pirate loot from one of your adventures at sky battle.