Fort Basset is TOO hard!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
I want to go to Marleybone so bad. I was doing well until THIS point. When we got to the office, it was major trauma! By the end of the first wave, me, Kobe, and El Toro were still remaining, Shiruku Neko dead. However, Kobe and El Toro were at low yellow, and I was at high green. And we barely started the second round! This was a mortifying and horrific experience. I need help.

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 51

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
We manage to beat the first wave, but when I get to the second wave, I get so annoyed I feel like ripping my hair out. That is when we lose the whole fight because my companions are at yellow and can't take the fight. Especially with the Redcoat Officers, because they are the ones that deal the most damage. Each fight we get to results in failing. It is so horrific, and I can't do anything except gawk at the shocking scene.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2012
14
i feel ya! when i went thru with my i tried 3 times. finally made it thru with kobe, el torro and bonnie. but gosh it was hard. and if i remember right i had like 50 life points left. now i have a and i need to drag thru there lol. not looking forward to it..........

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
68
selfyself on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
i feel ya! when i went thru with my i tried 3 times. finally made it thru with kobe, el torro and bonnie. but gosh it was hard. and if i remember right i had like 50 life points left. now i have a and i need to drag thru there lol. not looking forward to it..........
It's very easy with a Privateer. Almost all my companions ended it with full health, El Toro took a couple hundred. My WitchDoctor almost lost on his first try, all his companions died and he was about on yellow.

My the odds be ever in your favor~Shay

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
We manage to beat the first wave, but when I get to the second wave, I get so annoyed I feel like ripping my hair out. That is when we lose the whole fight because my companions are at yellow and can't take the fight. Especially with the Redcoat Officers, because they are the ones that deal the most damage. Each fight we get to results in failing. It is so horrific, and I can't do anything except gawk at the shocking scene.
Have you gotten your Valor's Armor or Valor's Fortress yet to protect your squishies? It is really worth investing the farming time to get them. I know that the one buccaneers can get is from The Midnight Bandit in Cool Ranch. You have to board the ship and fight him on deck to get the drops. It took me three days but it sure was worth it, for I got all kinds of great non auction gear and 2 Golden Stingtails and and Armadillo. There are sources for the Fortress too. Just look at on central and click on each boss that drops it and it will show you if a buccaneer can use it. There may be other ways for a buccaneer to get Valor's Armor too, it just hasn't been reported on Central yet. Also try to get yourself some non auction gear that gives you some heals like Rally. The Drifters Signet that is dropped by Johnny Ringo & El Guapo is for buccaneers & Brave's Hoop, a charm also has it for buccaneers. That one is dropped by Johnny Ringo & Kid Marmot.
You can also get Boots of Security from the Earth Guardian that will give you Leviathan's call. That will protect you from 50% of damage for 10 rounds. That can make a huge difference in battle surviveability. You can even have a second one for long battles if you get Friar Sand's Gourd or you can use them both at once and layer the affect for even more protection.
The point is if you spend some time in preparation you can have great tools at your disposal that can really help you out when soloing.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Have you gotten your Valor's Armor or Valor's Fortress yet to protect your squishies? It is really worth investing the farming time to get them. I know that the one buccaneers can get is from The Midnight Bandit in Cool Ranch. You have to board the ship and fight him on deck to get the drops. It took me three days but it sure was worth it, for I got all kinds of great non auction gear and 2 Golden Stingtails and and Armadillo. There are sources for the Fortress too. Just look at on central and click on each boss that drops it and it will show you if a buccaneer can use it. There may be other ways for a buccaneer to get Valor's Armor too, it just hasn't been reported on Central yet. Also try to get yourself some non auction gear that gives you some heals like Rally. The Drifters Signet that is dropped by Johnny Ringo & El Guapo is for buccaneers & Brave's Hoop, a charm also has it for buccaneers. That one is dropped by Johnny Ringo & Kid Marmot.
You can also get Boots of Security from the Earth Guardian that will give you Leviathan's call. That will protect you from 50% of damage for 10 rounds. That can make a huge difference in battle surviveability. You can even have a second one for long battles if you get Friar Sand's Gourd or you can use them both at once and layer the affect for even more protection.
The point is if you spend some time in preparation you can have great tools at your disposal that can really help you out when soloing.
I have Friar Sands gourd, armor that gave me Assassin's strike, and a hat that gave me Mojo Blade from Friar Sand. I love farming him!

Ensign
Aug 07, 2013
18
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I have Friar Sands gourd, armor that gave me Assassin's strike, and a hat that gave me Mojo Blade from Friar Sand. I love farming him!
Are you still having trouble with this? If so, i recommend you put your swashbucklers at the back and buccaneers and privateers at the front.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I have Friar Sands gourd, armor that gave me Assassin's strike, and a hat that gave me Mojo Blade from Friar Sand. I love farming him!
Ok that's good, you have some good protection for you, now to protect your companions. Do you have the armor to protect your high damage hitters? Do you have any extra heals? That will matter in getting through the long waves. Also, try picking companions that have heals too, If you have any crowns the crown shop brother of Kan Po, Keisuke Yagi is a good one and he has a strong heal. For a really strong hitter, the Inoshishi Necromancer Pig is a great damage bringer, he just can't take too many hits so I always put a Valor's armor on him to keep him going.
Although I did that run with my buccaneer using just companions that came with my buccaneer. Here is a link, read down to the last entry and you will see what she was wearing and what powers and weapons she used. She only lost El Toro but would have been able to save him if a heal or an armor had come up for him. As it turned out I didn't use either my heal or my Valor's Armor as it didn't come up in the rotation for me to select it but I won anyway. This is how I know you can do this. Check out her stats and see if you can get close to it and give it another try.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
376
Never mind, I bought a level 65 swashbuckler henchman and won it.