Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Commander Davis in Fort Basset

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 03, 2012
Does anyone have any tips on how to defeat the never ending wave of Redcoats and manage to defeat Commander Davis? I'm stuck!!!! I'm a witchdoctor lvl 50.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
tasha1946 on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Does anyone have any tips on how to defeat the never ending wave of Redcoats and manage to defeat Commander Davis? I'm stuck!!!! I'm a witchdoctor lvl 50.
Just kill the summoning Redcoats then the vast army of Marleybone will stop.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
I am also a level 50 WD, and when I re-enter after defeat by the 3rd wave I have to face the 1st wave again. If there was a pause between waves so my used spells would come back, and revive or get new companions would be one thing. When the Commander Davis and his troops appear I have used my spells, much health and lost a companion or 2. Help!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just get as many heals on you as you can and use healing companions. Better yet, go through with a good privateer and heal up as you see each wave conquering.

Ensign
Aug 30, 2009
Go gain more levels and come back later. It's hard.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
What I've done was to bring high-health companions, march in with Leviathan's Call, and try to get the first wave out of the way in as few rounds as possible. I get rid of most of the second round and then notice that I have no healing options, calling in a friend to help me get everybody else out of the way and then the Commander. Good luck!

Viva los Piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

Ensign
Oct 22, 2010
Hi
My main character is a swashbuckler and I tried and tried and tried this dungeon in the test realm and now the live. I tried various crew and the way I was successful was to use Bonnie and a whole crew of Musketeers.
There is another epic battle that comes up shortly after, the key I've found to success is keep on using those Musketeers.
All the best
Scarlet

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
would help to know how your built.

I found the battle easy in both test and after the nerf to make battles ezier for live and im a witchdoctor.

witchdoctors should remain at range only doing close fighting when you know your not going to take a bunch of damage. as for companions its player's choice i prefer swashbuckler companions as it allows me to remain in the back with very few enemies coming after me and swashbucklers have high dodge with the right epics and enuff dodge you wont have to heal them as often and you can focus on range damage.

Cruel Darius Blake(58)

Captain
May 13, 2011
im stuck there too. im a buccaneer with crowns companions and prefer melee companions (especially swashbucklers). is there a privateer who can help me out? i only got 2 heals: rouse and refresh (but refresh is trash. heals too little)

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
I'm stuck on this mission too. I survived 4 waves solo & the 5th always finishes me off. I went in with 3 other pirates, 2 were privateers, & together we last 6 waves & get finished off in the 7th. All of our powers are used up by wave 5.

The next wave never starts until after the last enemy dies. And for those suggesting to keep your distance as far away as possible... All the red coats are shooters that can fire clear across the whole battle field.

Many who have beaten this quest say to just defeat Davis & the waves stop. Only problem with that is Davis is not on the battle field to attack. So how do I defeat him?

How many waves do you have to fend off before Davis appears on the battle field. So far I've reached wave 7 & Davis has not yet appeared. Is it wave 8... 9... 10? How may waves are there in total?

Ensign
Aug 03, 2012
Thanks for all the ideas. I finally beat them! I divided my team on the two sides of the table. Also held one of my guys back during second battle so he was stronger in the third. This was really a hard one I've moved on to lvl 54! Good luck everyone.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
The thing that really bugs me that I did this on my first try in test realm. Several attempts in live have all failed. I really don't see this as nerfed. Also I am now level 51 and this is my only quest. Just wanted to say that. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
the wanderer on May 27, 2013 wrote:
The thing that really bugs me that I did this on my first try in test realm. Several attempts in live have all failed. I really don't see this as nerfed. Also I am now level 51 and this is my only quest. Just wanted to say that. Thanks for all the suggestions.
It was nerfed.

Ensign
Aug 03, 2012
Robert Quick on May 26, 2013 wrote:
I'm stuck on this mission too. I survived 4 waves solo & the 5th always finishes me off. I went in with 3 other pirates, 2 were privateers, & together we last 6 waves & get finished off in the 7th. All of our powers are used up by wave 5.

The next wave never starts until after the last enemy dies. And for those suggesting to keep your distance as far away as possible... All the red coats are shooters that can fire clear across the whole battle field.

Many who have beaten this quest say to just defeat Davis & the waves stop. Only problem with that is Davis is not on the battle field to attack. So how do I defeat him?

How many waves do you have to fend off before Davis appears on the battle field. So far I've reached wave 7 & Davis has not yet appeared. Is it wave 8... 9... 10? How may waves are there in total?
After you get into the room with the big table, there should be only three waves. The third one is where Davis appears. In the first two waves in there, I used just a few of my special powers, mostly used regular shots. I saved the special powers for the latter half of the second wave, and the third to beat Davis. Kan Po, the goat warrior was a big help because he has "relentless" at his higher level. When he got low on life, he has cloaking and I hid him while he healed. Then I brought him back to finish off the bad guys. Swashbucklers worked best for me as a crew.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
That battle was really hard for me too. I just teamed up with another player yesterday and she brought in all her companions with rouse and I brought in all the best damage companions (it probably should have been the other way around because I'm and she's but it worked).
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 50
-Sneaky Sarai Nightingale lvl 10

Ensign
May 09, 2009
just get help from some other guy

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
Honestly, if this isn't made easier like Stormzilla was, I might just stop playing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It doesn't need to be made easier. Goodness does no one anymore enjoy a bit of a challenge any more? Sheesh it sounds like you want everything handed to you. You just need to change How you play. If something doesn't work then Learn from it and try something else. I soloed that on my musketeer and my privateer. It wasn't easy by any means but I did it and I was able to enjoy that trill of victory of a hard battle well won that Ratbeard talks about. Get gear that gives you some buffs, protection and heals, focus on one enemy at a time. Don't just charge in there, buff up and protect your companions while they use up turns getting to you. Buffs stack and make a huge difference. I used witchdoctor companions because they could do damage to more from a safe distance. Have companions with repel boarders and do tactical retreats once in a while. That will trigger that epic when they chase after you and you will get extra damage on them. Watch your health and only heal when you will not overheal and waste it. You only have to survive two waves. On the third one just hit the little bulldog and ignore everyone else. You Can do this. You just can't keep fighting the way you always have been. It's time to grow and change. Get better. Watch a youtube video of the fight and see how they did it. Yea you can do it with help, but just imagine how good you will feel if you pull this off yourself. I know the game is designed to have us help each other and I love that aspect of it. But at least Try a few times just to see yourself grow. Don't keep trying the same things and repeat your defeats. Try new strategies. Get better and enjoy the thrill of victory instead of whining about the agony of defeat.

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Save your epics for Davis, and once his wave comes, order your whole crew to attack him with their epics. And stay alive

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
Good advice being given. For my WD it was easy in test. I kept getting beat in live. I changed some of my gear. I went back to Mooshu and farmed Friar Sand and other for gold and XP. The Jade Horde was very good in that I got XP, Navel XP and gold. I leveled up enough to get another school skill. Made all the difference.

Good luck on this. For those of you that had an easy time, my hat is off to you.

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
I recommend using spells in wave 3 like bone chant, or in general, spells that summon an ally. If you or your companions miss, they can help.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
It doesn't need to be made easier. Goodness does no one anymore enjoy a bit of a challenge any more? Sheesh it sounds like you want everything handed to you. You just need to change How you play. If something doesn't work then Learn from it and try something else. I soloed that on my musketeer and my privateer. It wasn't easy by any means but I did it and I was able to enjoy that trill of victory of a hard battle well won that Ratbeard talks about. Get gear that gives you some buffs, protection and heals, focus on one enemy at a time. Don't just charge in there, buff up and protect your companions while they use up turns getting to you. Buffs stack and make a huge difference. I used witchdoctor companions because they could do damage to more from a safe distance. Have companions with repel boarders and do tactical retreats once in a while. That will trigger that epic when they chase after you and you will get extra damage on them. Watch your health and only heal when you will not overheal and waste it. You only have to survive two waves. On the third one just hit the little bulldog and ignore everyone else. You Can do this. You just can't keep fighting the way you always have been. It's time to grow and change. Get better. Watch a youtube video of the fight and see how they did it. Yea you can do it with help, but just imagine how good you will feel if you pull this off yourself. I know the game is designed to have us help each other and I love that aspect of it. But at least Try a few times just to see yourself grow. Don't keep trying the same things and repeat your defeats. Try new strategies. Get better and enjoy the thrill of victory instead of whining about the agony of defeat.
If you think I haven't done all this, then you need to realize that you are not the only one that knows how to play the game. I have tried over a dozen times, with different strategies, different companions, and every time, without fail, I lose to the Commander himself. The Buccaneer's companions just don't have the right combos, HP, and epics to be able to survive until the final wave. From what I've heard, many Buccaneers had trouble with this, while Musketeers and Witchdoctors, the ranged characters, had an easier time. But since the majority of enemies are redcoats, who are Musketeers, the abilities that melee companions have are useless. Try it out as a Buccaneer. If you can beat without trouble, then I'll reconsider your advice. But the advice you gave is no different from the advice that dozens of others have given across the internet, and none of it is all too helpful to me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lily Evans on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
I recommend using spells in wave 3 like bone chant, or in general, spells that summon an ally. If you or your companions miss, they can help.
This is true, they can keep either the other soldiers busy so you can focus on the Commander or you might get lucky and they will help by firing on him too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
leonidasofsparta on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
If you think I haven't done all this, then you need to realize that you are not the only one that knows how to play the game. I have tried over a dozen times, with different strategies, different companions, and every time, without fail, I lose to the Commander himself. The Buccaneer's companions just don't have the right combos, HP, and epics to be able to survive until the final wave. From what I've heard, many Buccaneers had trouble with this, while Musketeers and Witchdoctors, the ranged characters, had an easier time. But since the majority of enemies are redcoats, who are Musketeers, the abilities that melee companions have are useless. Try it out as a Buccaneer. If you can beat without trouble, then I'll reconsider your advice. But the advice you gave is no different from the advice that dozens of others have given across the internet, and none of it is all too helpful to me.
x Listens quietly and bends down and picks up gauntlet x Challenge accepted. My Buccaneer is currently in cool ranch and I will now focus on her and get her there and give it a whirl. Your grievance is with merit, I have not done this fight with my buccaneer. I will let you know how I do when I get there. Please 'Watch' this topic so you will know when I get there. Ok

Strong Christina

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Actually, the key is to save all your powerful things for Commander Davis, who comes in the third wave. That's what I did when I did for myself, and while helping a friend!