Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Milo Graytail and Lucky Jack Russell Build?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 11, 2022
No matter what I do, my Milo Graytail always seems to get targeted by the enemies. I work on his dodge, armor, and magic resist but he always dies. I tried looking for a good build for Milo but I couldn't find anything. If anyone has any tips on how to make my Milo better, please let me know! He's one of my strongest companions at the moment and I really would like to use him more. I wouldn't mind spending gold to reset his stats, any help would be appreciated.

My friend also wanted me to ask about Lucky Jack Russell's build, so if anyone has any tips for him as well feel free to share.

- Crazy Paige, level 57

Ensign
May 01, 2012
Milo is essentially a melee assassin with no gap closers and no invisibility but massive Swash damage, so he's a bit of a glass cannon in most set-ups.

I have seen two main set-ups that seem to work for players, with one pouring into Cheap Shot and one into Vengeance Strike.

Sneaky Snipe:
- Cheap Shot 3
- Relentless 2
- Blade Storm 3

Vengeful Vermin:
- Cheap Shot 1 (Base)
- Relentless 2
- Vengeance Strike 3
- Blade Storm 2

Of course you need him at max level to get all of these Epics, but the premise is basically that the Cheap Shot build focuses on punishing disengaging enemies, which is better for one who is not taking the brunt of the aggression, but capitalizing on enemies that reposition around a wounded target/ tankier unit. Better for standing back and defending than engaging until after the set-up phase.

The Vengeance Strike build is a little counter-intuitive, because realistically you do not want Milo to be tanking for you - he is already incredibly squishy and could set off a chain from the opponent if they do not get stunned. That being said, it does allow him to duel melee characters better if he can get full vengeance chains off, but you will definitely want to buff him up beforehand or he'll likely get clapped in 2 rounds.

On a side note, it usually isn't worth it to give companions Magic Resist or Armor since the gains are so minimal and don't actually reduce damage by all that much in the later game. Focus on these traits above all else:

- Rough (Max HP Boost)
- Tough (Damage Boost)

The remainder is usually best to go to these, depending on your preference:

- Agile (Extra damage, and crit chance up but benefits only if Blade Storm rank is 2 or less)
- Accurate (Better chance to do that big damage more consistently)
- Dodgy (Survivability can depend on dodging large hits, this helps with that)