Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hoof Of Destiny Bugs and Weapon Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
Hi KI: First of all, thank you for the updated Pirate content, as it if refreshing to have new ways to play the game. I am glad that your team is committed to furthering Pirate 101 gameplay in the future. Unfortunately, the Hoof of Destiny battle has bugs that cause the minions to power up, even multiple rounds after the boss is defeated. As a result, companions die prematurely and it is a costly endeavor to revive them via Miracle Mitch. Also, the weapon drop rate is really low. I play for nearly 14 hours recently and did not have one weapon drop during that time period. I understand that weapon drop rates are rare, but sheesh, at least make it somewhat achievable without excessive time sacrifice. Your attention to these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
microlife12 on Jul 10, 2022 wrote:
Hi KI: First of all, thank you for the updated Pirate content, as it if refreshing to have new ways to play the game. I am glad that your team is committed to furthering Pirate 101 gameplay in the future. Unfortunately, the Hoof of Destiny battle has bugs that cause the minions to power up, even multiple rounds after the boss is defeated. As a result, companions die prematurely and it is a costly endeavor to revive them via Miracle Mitch. Also, the weapon drop rate is really low. I play for nearly 14 hours recently and did not have one weapon drop during that time period. I understand that weapon drop rates are rare, but sheesh, at least make it somewhat achievable without excessive time sacrifice. Your attention to these matters would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for helping report the bug! It is known and being worked on.

As far as the drop rates go, could you estimate the number of key-fights you did in that timeframe? Sounds like you had a sizeable play session!

Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
Thank you for getting back to me. I have done this battle at least 20 hours over the last four days (including today) and have not received a single weapon. Yikes!!! Given that each battle takes around 15-20 minutes, I am guessing that I completed at least 60 battles (probably more) without a single weapon dropping - nothing except minotaur and cyclops statues (I have enough of them to supply Fort Knox). I am seriously losing interest with this game, as much as I historically love playing it. Please do something to improve the weapon drop rate. Is there a glitch with the weapon drop? The drop rate was reasonable the first few days, but lately there is nothing. All I want is a shooty/staffy weapon on my microlife12 and microlife22 accounts. It shouldn't take this long to get a single weapon - any weapon! Your assistance looking into this matter would be greatly appreciated.