Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stingtails Are Too OP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 09, 2018
So let me get this straight - 800+ health, you need to defeat 4 with companions that range from below 400 to barely breaking 500, you yourself only have around 700, AND they poison you alongside having a really high crit chance. Not sure how these haven't been nerfed in the 7 years this game has been out, but maybe halving their health and removing the poison would suffice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JewelKI on Dec 2, 2019 wrote:
So let me get this straight - 800+ health, you need to defeat 4 with companions that range from below 400 to barely breaking 500, you yourself only have around 700, AND they poison you alongside having a really high crit chance. Not sure how these haven't been nerfed in the 7 years this game has been out, but maybe halving their health and removing the poison would suffice.
Why haven't they been nerfed in the 7 years of P101? Because it isn't necessary. You sound as if you're a bit low leveled for this fight or possibly not well equipped and your companions sound low leveled as well.
Go do some side quests to raise your level and get gold to buy tomes for your companions.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Either get help or change tactics. They're tough but not impossible, even before we came into CR with rather more experience/HP than we used to have.

Are your companions leveled up? Are you using the same ones over and over? You might want to switch to other crew members for this fight.

What's your pirate? My WD and musky had this easier than my run-up-and-smack them pirates, assuming I managed to keep myself distant from them.

Describe your tactics and character, please. Maybe we can suggest other options to increase your success.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
No, you don't have to defeat 4 Stingtails with companions that haven't been trained or leveled properly. You don't have to defeat 4 of them alone, either, as there is a sigil at which you can team up with other pirates. There is no shame in asking for help. Honestly though, most pirates have gotten through these enemies in the 7 years this game has been out, so maybe look to your own strategy as the place to make improvements, as suggested in the responses above mine.

If you have tried to Team Up and not gotten anyone else to join you, there are fansites like Pirate101 Central where requests for help can be posted, so that you can find someone else who plays the same time of day that you do.

Best of luck to you.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
If you aren’t already, try using some ranged companions; FS 2 absolutely destroys melee companions at this level.