Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Still a lack of female companions

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Pirate101 Nightmare pack had five slots for new companions, and not ONE of them was a female version/clone. The charred swashbuckler could have been modeled off Sarah Steele or Lucy Sterling, but no - another Dead Mike zombie.

This has been an age-old complaint, notwithstanding the fact that Kingsisle seems to have a fairly even distribution of female staffers in positions of influence to guide design choices and be more inclusive of female characters.

Why, then?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 12, 2019 wrote:
The Pirate101 Nightmare pack had five slots for new companions, and not ONE of them was a female version/clone. The charred swashbuckler could have been modeled off Sarah Steele or Lucy Sterling, but no - another Dead Mike zombie.

This has been an age-old complaint, notwithstanding the fact that Kingsisle seems to have a fairly even distribution of female staffers in positions of influence to guide design choices and be more inclusive of female characters.

Why, then?

Because there are NO female undead in this part of the Spiral ( so no models to base them on ). Apparently, females don't die or they very sensibly stay in their graves.
A Lady Blackhope style spirit or Banshee would have rounded off that list nicely.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It would be nice to see more female companions.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 12, 2019 wrote:
Because there are NO female undead in this part of the Spiral ( so no models to base them on ). Apparently, females don't die or they very sensibly stay in their graves.
A Lady Blackhope style spirit or Banshee would have rounded off that list nicely.
I hadn't thought of that. But that is also why a charred mouse girl would have been quite the collectible companion.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Apparently women are invincible.

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
I wonder what the Banshee would be like? I imagine her to be witchdoctory, hurling energy-like curses and hexes, and using her morbid screeches to dispatch an enemy. Lady Blackhope could be swashbuckler based, but I had a hard time thinking of a class for her, since she could also fit underneath the witchdoctor class as well. Banshee could also be a buccaneer...

I would like to see a zombie female rat, with decaying, greenish skin, bloodshot eyes, and some bone showing along her skull, tail, and limbs. Maybe you could take Mustang Sally and turn her into a horse skeleton. That would be interesting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
I hadn't thought of that. But that is also why a charred mouse girl would have been quite the collectible companion.

Since the last time this subject was discussed ( see: List of all female companions ) two more are now part of that list - the mouse privateer & Black Annie Rackham. This brings the number of female companions up to 21( and not all are available to everyone ), that's still low but KI seems to be trying.
Would an all female companion pack satisfy anyone?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 14, 2019 wrote:
Since the last time this subject was discussed ( see: List of all female companions ) two more are now part of that list - the mouse privateer & Black Annie Rackham. This brings the number of female companions up to 21( and not all are available to everyone ), that's still low but KI seems to be trying.
Yes, let's have the Largo Lady Pirates Booster Pack!

5 female companions - one for each class
Sleek siamese cat pet
ELEGANT gear set, fit for meeting royalty for tea
Elegant face paint accessory

Hairstyles!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
Apparently women are invincible.
I forgot about Annabelle & the others in Miranda & Reiko Yokojun in Subata, my bad memory!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Willowydream on Nov 12, 2019 wrote:

Why, then?

Why? Well, its because females are apparently immune to the zombie virus!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It would be easy to have 5 female companions which already have models, attacks & talents; almost NO work would be necessary:
Mouse Corsair ( like in the Smuggler's Arena )
Female Ophidian Archer
Harpy
Medea ( raven )
The only class this might be difficult to create is the Privateer - we want to keep the trainer companions unique to their class; so we can't use the Marchioness model.
Perhaps the spaniel female ( Lady Heathcliffe ) Dog model, but in an officer's uniform? Give her similar stats to Lt. Springer?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:

Sleek siamese cat pet

Hairstyles!

Weapons: parasol, a fan? There must be a boy version as well - clothes & weapon,maybe a swordstick?
Yar for the hairstyles! Bring some from W101!
Housing items, treasures & tomes!

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Willowydream on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:

Sleek siamese cat pet

Hairstyles!

I would honestly want this in the game.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
anecorbie on Nov 14, 2019 wrote:
I would love if there was a pack with all females in it, since there aren't that much female companions in this game.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
having a sarah steele model in an undead based pack would make little sense

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Nov 28, 2019 wrote:
having a sarah steele model in an undead based pack would make little sense
Sarah Steele or Lucy Sterling as a charred zombie/undead companion makes as much "sense" as a third Dead Mike/S. M. Arson companion. Does recruiting companions have to make sense now? What about Blightbeard & Black Annie? They're supposed to be denizens of the Nightmare Realms; are we supposed to drag these creatures into our world and make them part of our happy crew?
This makes NO sense at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 17, 2019 wrote:
It would be easy to have 5 female companions which already have models, attacks & talents; almost NO work would be necessary:
Mouse Corsair ( like in the Smuggler's Arena )
Female Ophidian Archer
Harpy
Medea ( raven )
The only class this might be difficult to create is the Privateer - we want to keep the trainer companions unique to their class; so we can't use the Marchioness model.
Perhaps the spaniel female ( Lady Heathcliffe ) Dog model, but in an officer's uniform? Give her similar stats to Lt. Springer?
Why do I always forget Gracie Conrad; that model would do just as well for the privateer - just make her a different color and she's good to go!