Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Small dreadnaught issue.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
When I tried to enter the Renegade Dreadnaught just now, the dungeon sigil wasn't there to let us in. This is the first time this has happened. Just thought I'd let you know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jun 17, 2019 wrote:
When I tried to enter the Renegade Dreadnaught just now, the dungeon sigil wasn't there to let us in. This is the first time this has happened. Just thought I'd let you know.
It happens a lot more than you realize, Lookit Light. This is what happens when there is a group already in the Dreadnought and are spamming the cabin glitch.
And players wonder why I hate this glitch.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Lookit Light on Jun 17, 2019 wrote:
This issue has actually been known for at least a year. If you dock at the Dreadnaught and don't get a sigil, that means someone is inside doing a glitch that allows them to fight it multiple times. I will not say what this glitch is or how it is done because if you excessive do it, Kingsisle has said you could get banned, if you do it once or twice you are probably OK but please be careful.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 18, 2019 wrote:
This issue has actually been known for at least a year. If you dock at the Dreadnaught and don't get a sigil, that means someone is inside doing a glitch that allows them to fight it multiple times. I will not say what this glitch is or how it is done because if you excessive do it, Kingsisle has said you could get banned, if you do it once or twice you are probably OK but please be careful.
THE CABIN GLITCH! Arrgh. I don't use it, don't worry. Really want that fixed, please?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Having this happen to me twice was enough to make me avoid the Dreadnaught altogether. It should NOT be allowed and those who do this should be sanctioned for it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 20, 2019 wrote:
Having this happen to me twice was enough to make me avoid the Dreadnaught altogether. It should NOT be allowed and those who do this should be sanctioned for it.

Yet what sanction should be applied on something that KI has been aware of for some time, yet hasn't done anything about it like shutting it down or saying that the cabin glitch is forbidden?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 20, 2019 wrote:

The worst part is that players have openly streamed that exploit on Twitch/Youtube for months.....nothing has been done about it since then (much like all the other bugs/glitches that were re-posted at the below link):

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/how-about-a-bug-fix-update-8ad6a424693aa2e50169726e23530073?page=1

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Oran from Urz on Jun 22, 2019 wrote:
The worst part is that players have openly streamed that exploit on Twitch/Youtube for months.....nothing has been done about it since then (much like all the other bugs/glitches that were re-posted at the below link):

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/how-about-a-bug-fix-update-8ad6a424693aa2e50169726e23530073?page=1
I am very happy to be the exception to that. In all 124 shows and counting I have done on Twitch, I have never streamed this glitch, or shown how it is done, though countless times teammates have referenced it. You will see in instances when they asked that I passed on their offer. :)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:
Yet what sanction should be applied on something that KI has been aware of for some time, yet hasn't done anything about it like shutting it down or saying that the cabin glitch is forbidden?
What I'd like to see is that their pirate characters would be placed into the same situation, never seeing the sigil for the dreadnaught. I don't know if that's possible, but it would certainly be fitting.

It does, of course, require that Kingsisle take a stand against the process.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:
After Ratbeard's recent post, I'm not sure KI is actually aware of the glitch. I believe the "bug fixing" department for Pirate101 is suffering from the content creation department issue......no one dedicated to Pirate101.

The cabin glitch is definitely a bannable offense, as in addition to the issues associated with the Dreadnaught, this glitch allows players to destroy most Pirate101 bosses in one hit. This is clearly an exploit.

Players in Wizard101 have been banned for less offenses. Silence from game companies is almost never consent. For example, look at the mushroom glitch in Wizard101 that resulted in thousands of accounts banned. That glitch existed for months before action was taken....and there was no prior warning (because anyone doing it knows it is wrong.....just like the cabin glitch).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
After Ratbeard's recent post, I'm not sure KI is actually aware of the glitch. I believe the "bug fixing" department for Pirate101 is suffering from the content creation department issue......no one dedicated to Pirate101.

The cabin glitch is definitely a bannable offense, as in addition to the issues associated with the Dreadnaught, this glitch allows players to destroy most Pirate101 bosses in one hit. This is clearly an exploit.

Players in Wizard101 have been banned for less offenses. Silence from game companies is almost never consent. For example, look at the mushroom glitch in Wizard101 that resulted in thousands of accounts banned. That glitch existed for months before action was taken....and there was no prior warning (because anyone doing it knows it is wrong.....just like the cabin glitch).
I remember hearing about the tomato basket glitch and the accounts banned for those using it. Early on, when I first heard about this glitch, I joined in one. My purpose was to see if it worked ( it did ) and then I came on these boards and reported it. The post was removed because I went into detail on how it was done.
KingsIsle has therefore known this for at least 3 years, never once have I seen an announcement that this exploit is wrong and liable to sanctions.
Should we just report those who merely suggest we do this? It seems a crummy thing to do after engaging in the exploit to report everyone who did it.
Closing the ability to use this glitch seems to me best solution.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
I remember hearing about the tomato basket glitch and the accounts banned for those using it. Early on, when I first heard about this glitch, I joined in one. My purpose was to see if it worked ( it did ) and then I came on these boards and reported it. The post was removed because I went into detail on how it was done.
KingsIsle has therefore known this for at least 3 years, never once have I seen an announcement that this exploit is wrong and liable to sanctions.
Should we just report those who merely suggest we do this? It seems a crummy thing to do after engaging in the exploit to report everyone who did it.
Closing the ability to use this glitch seems to me best solution.
Let me clarify, there are many bugs/glitches they may have been reported, but KI programmers/developers may not be aware (or currently allowed) to fix. For example, the Silent Knight weapons and the Yuletide companions have been bugged/broken for years.....and haven't been acknowledged or fixed either.

However, those examples are not exploits.

I'm simply warning players that KI not acknowledging the exploit isn't going to save them from a ban, when/if KI decides to take action against those accounts that deliberately used the exploit for an advantage (just like what happened to players that deliberately did the tomato/mushroom glitch in Wizard101).

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4194371271901439d19ba6f1959/8ad6a4194371271901439d19ba87195a#8ad6a4194371271901439d19ba87195a

Another MMO I play recently banned thousands of accounts over an exploit that was known for months on the PC version, but only sanctioned accounts after the exploit was being used on console version. Those players claimed the banning was unjustified, because the company "knew" it was there and never acknowledged it. Again, I'm just giving fair warning that silence is not consent.....as I've witnessed it numerous times across multiple games and multiple companies.

For a different exploit related to PvP that KI did acknowledge prior to sanctions, the words of Diego still apply..... "Exploiting is using an in-game bug to circumvent intended game play. It's cheating, plain and simple, and it's never ok to cheat"

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/an-important-message-from-diego-8ad6a4184274db4d0142b95ef0af6bd7/8ad6a41442bce8a20142c8a0a76131b5?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a41442bce8a20142c8a0a76131b5

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:
Let me clarify, there are many bugs/glitches they may have been reported, but KI programmers/developers may not be aware (or currently allowed) to fix. For example, the Silent Knight weapons and the Yuletide companions have been bugged/broken for years.....and haven't been acknowledged or fixed either.

However, those examples are not exploits.

I'm simply warning players that KI not acknowledging the exploit isn't going to save them from a ban, when/if KI decides to take action against those accounts that deliberately used the exploit for an advantage (just like what happened to players that deliberately did the tomato/mushroom glitch in Wizard101).

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4194371271901439d19ba6f1959/8ad6a4194371271901439d19ba87195a#8ad6a4194371271901439d19ba87195a

Another MMO I play recently banned thousands of accounts over an exploit that was known for months on the PC version, but only sanctioned accounts after the exploit was being used on console version. Those players claimed the banning was unjustified, because the company "knew" it was there and never acknowledged it. Again, I'm just giving fair warning that silence is not consent.....as I've witnessed it numerous times across multiple games and multiple companies.

For a different exploit related to PvP that KI did acknowledge prior to sanctions, the words of Diego still apply..... "Exploiting is using an in-game bug to circumvent intended game play. It's cheating, plain and simple, and it's never ok to cheat"

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/an-important-message-from-diego-8ad6a4184274db4d0142b95ef0af6bd7/8ad6a41442bce8a20142c8a0a76131b5?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a41442bce8a20142c8a0a76131b5
I agree, cheating is wrong, the thing is; many of these players are kids and they only know right from wrong by what an adult tells them. They don't see this as cheating, they don't even see this as hurting anyone else or the game - they aren't using a third party program for this, so they don't see this as against the TOS. When I'm in a team-up and someone suggest we use it, I try to tell them it's a cheat and a banning offense, but many don't believe me. In any case, I refuse to join in and this usually stops them.

When the authorities of a city pass a new law, they don't retroactively punish those who broke that new law in the past.
KI should come out and say it's against their policy to use this exploit, then punish those after the statement goes through.
I still contend that closing the exploit is the best solution.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:
I agree, cheating is wrong, the thing is; many of these players are kids and they only know right from wrong by what an adult tells them. They don't see this as cheating, they don't even see this as hurting anyone else or the game - they aren't using a third party program for this, so they don't see this as against the TOS. When I'm in a team-up and someone suggest we use it, I try to tell them it's a cheat and a banning offense, but many don't believe me. In any case, I refuse to join in and this usually stops them.

When the authorities of a city pass a new law, they don't retroactively punish those who broke that new law in the past.
KI should come out and say it's against their policy to use this exploit, then punish those after the statement goes through.
I still contend that closing the exploit is the best solution.
Not using an exploit is already the "law" according to the KI terms of service, so there isn't anything retroactive to "start" in your example. Someone not understanding what an exploit is or is not, is probably part of the appeals part after the sanction/ban, but common sense dictates that if a player can farm bosses repeatedly without restarting the dungeon and/or one shot a boss....it is an exploit. The children/minors not understanding what an exploit is didn't save accounts during the tomato/mushroom incident, so I doubt it will work in this instance either. For example, not knowing you were speeding, doesn't get you out of speeding ticket....even if your speedometer is not working by the manufacturers standards, but you might get leniency in the appeals process.

Until KI officially allows the cabin glitch, again, I recommend players don't do it. For example, KI did eventually set guidelines for the gardening glitch in Wizard101 and players were able to rest assured that if they followed the guideline, their account wouldn't be sanctioned.

But to your point, yes, I wish an official announcement about the cabin glitch and all the other bugs/glitches that have been around for two years or more would be made and fixed in a reasonable time (just something small like, "we are tracking this issue and we are working on a fix in the next update").

Administrator
Thanks for recognizing this issue, our team is aware. It's a complicated tech task and we don't have a good solution for it yet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Aug 9, 2019 wrote:
Not using an exploit is already the "law" according to the KI terms of service, so there isn't anything retroactive to "start" in your example. Someone not understanding what an exploit is or is not, is probably part of the appeals part after the sanction/ban, but common sense dictates that if a player can farm bosses repeatedly without restarting the dungeon and/or one shot a boss....it is an exploit. The children/minors not understanding what an exploit is didn't save accounts during the tomato/mushroom incident, so I doubt it will work in this instance either. For example, not knowing you were speeding, doesn't get you out of speeding ticket....even if your speedometer is not working by the manufacturers standards, but you might get leniency in the appeals process.

Until KI officially allows the cabin glitch, again, I recommend players don't do it. For example, KI did eventually set guidelines for the gardening glitch in Wizard101 and players were able to rest assured that if they followed the guideline, their account wouldn't be sanctioned.

But to your point, yes, I wish an official announcement about the cabin glitch and all the other bugs/glitches that have been around for two years or more would be made and fixed in a reasonable time (just something small like, "we are tracking this issue and we are working on a fix in the next update").
That's all true, but if this should come to a point of KI banning players using this exploit; that the punishment should not be a permanent ban. Suspension for a period of time ( 3 - 6 months or not to exceed a year ), would teach the lesson just as well without nuking them out of existence.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bat Masterson on Aug 12, 2019 wrote:
Thanks for recognizing this issue, our team is aware. It's a complicated tech task and we don't have a good solution for it yet.
Perhaps my suggestion of blocking access to the crown shop ( or part of it ) while in a dungeon may work? After all, we can't purchase a henchman unless we're in a battle.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Aug 12, 2019 wrote:
I'm aware that it's going to be long and difficult to get it out of here, but what about making a statement about it, like everyone's suggesting? Declaring it, basically, illegal? Bannable, like whatever this tomato basket glitch was? It shouldn't be too hard to do, right?

Administrator
Lookit Light on Aug 20, 2019 wrote:
I'm aware that it's going to be long and difficult to get it out of here, but what about making a statement about it, like everyone's suggesting? Declaring it, basically, illegal? Bannable, like whatever this tomato basket glitch was? It shouldn't be too hard to do, right?
Sure thing, I'll be more clear then. If this keeps happening, it IS a bannable offense and we will take notice, so don't do it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Wizard101 there are free furniture items scattered throughout the game, generally you can only claim them once per wizard. It's a fun game to try to find them all. The tomato basket, however, was glitched so that a new basket spawned after claiming, players who abused this glitch sold those extras to gain gold - often thousands of in-game gold. ( Which tells you how many baskets spawned... ) It took a while for KI to close this glitch and quite a few accounts were banned.
I'm glad to see Bat announce this here, now I can quote him and direct players to this post for confirmation!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Banning people for doing the cabin glitch seems unfair. It's frustrating for the sigil not to be there and everything, and I get that, but full out banning them for something KI hasn't fixed or recognized right away shouldn't be something you have to sanction the PLAYERS for finding and executing. We just want drops. What KI should do is just fix it and leave it at that.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
What was the tomato basket glitch? xD

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 12, 2019 wrote:
That's all true, but if this should come to a point of KI banning players using this exploit; that the punishment should not be a permanent ban. Suspension for a period of time ( 3 - 6 months or not to exceed a year ), would teach the lesson just as well without nuking them out of existence.
At the rate of current updates, I'm not sure players would actually "miss" or learn a lesson being away from the game for 6 months to a year.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
Banning people for doing the cabin glitch seems unfair. It's frustrating for the sigil not to be there and everything, and I get that, but full out banning them for something KI hasn't fixed or recognized right away shouldn't be something you have to sanction the PLAYERS for finding and executing. We just want drops. What KI should do is just fix it and leave it at that.
What I wonder, is just how this exploit came to be found in the first place. Considering what you have to do to trigger it ( not saying how ) it seems odd that a random player did the steps and then began telling others how it was done.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Aug 22, 2019 wrote:
At the rate of current updates, I'm not sure players would actually "miss" or learn a lesson being away from the game for 6 months to a year.

Sadly, true. Yet, we are entering the part of the year where we get two major celebrations with presents and give-aways ( Birth-O-Ween & the 12 Days of the Spiral ). No one would want to miss that!