Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unable to Launch Game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 25, 2010
When I open up the launcher to put in my password, the screen simply stays white and "loading" (where the news about the game should be). After I put in my password it looks like it works and loads like normal. Once I hit play however the small pirate ship window is as far as I get. It thinks for a few seconds then says, "A problem has occured - Do you wish to report this error to KingsIsle?" then a yes/no. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and have tried to mess with the settings to get a launch going. I know my system (mac) has the capabilities for it, as I played for about an hour previously (almost a month ago) after experiencing this issue. However now I cannot circumvent it the way I did before. Any ideas?

Administrator
Auest498 on Mar 23, 2019 wrote:
When I open up the launcher to put in my password, the screen simply stays white and "loading" (where the news about the game should be). After I put in my password it looks like it works and loads like normal. Once I hit play however the small pirate ship window is as far as I get. It thinks for a few seconds then says, "A problem has occured - Do you wish to report this error to KingsIsle?" then a yes/no. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and have tried to mess with the settings to get a launch going. I know my system (mac) has the capabilities for it, as I played for about an hour previously (almost a month ago) after experiencing this issue. However now I cannot circumvent it the way I did before. Any ideas?
Hi Auest498! Sorry to hear about the login issue. We'll help figure it out! Please send a support request to support@pirate101.com and we'll work with you there. Thanks!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Auest498 on Mar 23, 2019 wrote:
Hey there, Auest498! I actually once had that problem too. I think part of the issue is because Pirate101 was originally built for the PC/Microsoft Windows system, and was then added to the Apple/Mac system. I personally found it useful when I would free up some space on the computer. Ever since I deleted a lot of things from the computer and freed up a decent amount of storage, it ran smoothly ever since.

I don't know if that is, in fact, the issue or not, but I do know that helped me with the exact same issue, and the same operating system.

I hope this helps!

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler
Brave Kiley, Level 56 Buccaneer
Destiny Galway, Level 12 Musketeer
Nora, Level 15 Privateer
Clever Tavia, Level 10 Swashbuckler (possibly facing deletion)