Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chinese Calendar - The Year of the Pig

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
@Bat Masterson - maybe you haven't heard about the Ninja Pig Companion, available over the years from special codes -- it is the MOST requested special companion of all time. Now that the Chinese calendar has brought us into the Year of the Pig, how happy would Pirate101 players be to get a chance at getting one of these companions for their crew?

Are there any plans to recognize The Year of the Pig?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Mar 7, 2019 wrote:
@Bat Masterson - maybe you haven't heard about the Ninja Pig Companion, available over the years from special codes -- it is the MOST requested special companion of all time. Now that the Chinese calendar has brought us into the Year of the Pig, how happy would Pirate101 players be to get a chance at getting one of these companions for their crew?

Are there any plans to recognize The Year of the Pig?

Ninja Pig! Whenever I do the Tower of Moo Manchu someone asks how I got mine! (Spare code my mom had) Why not give them the chance? Last available in... 2016 I think it was? Might be time for the Year of the Ninja Pig!

Administrator
I have indeed heard of it! It's apparently super duper rare, something I'm not sure we can just give out ;(.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Bat Masterson on Mar 8, 2019 wrote:
I have indeed heard of it! It's apparently super duper rare, something I'm not sure we can just give out ;(.
Your predecessor gave them out a couple of times, so it's not unprecedented.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Mar 8, 2019 wrote:
Huh. Would you mind taking a moment to listen to some ideas of mine?

1: Contests or raffles. Something along the lines of "Top five winners get a grand prize of (some reward) and a Ninja Pig Companion!" or, "Ten lucky winners of this raffle will get a Ninja Pig Companion!"

2:Crowns Reward Weekend. Now I know this hasn't shown up in Pirate101 yet, but I think it would be a great way to reintroduce to Ninja Pig. The amount of Crowns would be high enough that it would be very hard to do, but not high enough to cause an outrage. (Say, 25,000 - 40,000 Crowns, and if you already have the Ninja Pig, it would be replaced with another valuable item.)

3: El Dorado Map. The way we got the Ninja Pig before, it you don't already Bat, was if you were a member, at time KI would reveal an El Dorado Map (often during KI Lives), and you could get a code. This code would give you a Ninja Pig. This was an interesting system and could effectively be reused.

Thanks for taking the time to hear this out, Bat!