Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser companions: lesson 1

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Hi, I decided to start building up "lesser companions" and wanted to start with, * drum beats* Monkeys!

So first on my list is the crazy monquisador,, and received by s.
I would use Double tap, overwatch, and a few more ranks in return fire.
And when you need him, he's ussually throwing bananas at a picture of the king.

Next is the explorer, and is usaully sent to work by s.
I train him in repel boarders, first strike, balde storm and hold the line.
And he always at your service.( he's dating a picture of the queen, new one.)

After them, comes the monquistador, and received by a.
Overwatch, quick adjust and more return fire.
He will be on keen look out, though, dodn't get too happy with him, as he likes to boast.

Last we have the monk, and I think he likes s.
Sorry, I know nothing about him, as my has never gotten to him.

And everybody feel free to post your ideas and stuff here.

And please tell me how I did. Oh and, I hope the people don't be offended by me making this post.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
piratelover410 on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:
Hi, I decided to start building up "lesser companions" and wanted to start with, * drum beats* Monkeys!

He will be on keen look out, though, dodn't get too happy with him, as he likes to boast.

And please tell me how I did. Oh and, I hope the people don't be offended by me making this post.
I'm not mad! I'm very, very happy! This will be: Building Lesser Companions: Monkey Business.

As you so kindly mentioned, there are:

The Crazy Monquistador, given to Swashbucklers during, "Rite of Passage".

The Monquistador Crossbowman, given to Buccaneers during, "Hear No Evil, See No Evil". He promotes to the Monquistador Sharpshooter at level 30.

The Monquistador Explorer, earned by Buccaneers during "Monkey Barred". He promotes to the Monquistador Veteran at level 30.

The Monquistador, earned by Privateers during, "The Fruit of Creation". He promotes to the Monquistador Initiate at Level 30.

There are also Martin Valvida and Moresco de Valvida, both bought from the Crown Shop for 5,995 Crowns after earning the badge "Order of St. Dorotea". They both promote at level 32.

Hoodoo Cornelius, found in the Hoodoo Bundle. He promotes at levels 30 and 52.

Monkey King, earned after "Journey into Shadow".

Notes:

Moresco de Valvida is the only flying Musketeer companion.

Despite being a Musketeer, Moresco de Valvida does melee damage, so I'm told.

Martin and Moresco are often on sale during the Spooky Companion sale, around Hallowe'en.

Thanks for staring this up, piratelover410!

Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Lookit Light on Feb 8, 2019 wrote:
I'm not mad! I'm very, very happy! This will be: Building Lesser Companions: Monkey Business.

As you so kindly mentioned, there are:

The Crazy Monquistador, given to Swashbucklers during, "Rite of Passage".

The Monquistador Crossbowman, given to Buccaneers during, "Hear No Evil, See No Evil". He promotes to the Monquistador Sharpshooter at level 30.

The Monquistador Explorer, earned by Buccaneers during "Monkey Barred". He promotes to the Monquistador Veteran at level 30.

The Monquistador, earned by Privateers during, "The Fruit of Creation". He promotes to the Monquistador Initiate at Level 30.

There are also Martin Valvida and Moresco de Valvida, both bought from the Crown Shop for 5,995 Crowns after earning the badge "Order of St. Dorotea". They both promote at level 32.

Hoodoo Cornelius, found in the Hoodoo Bundle. He promotes at levels 30 and 52.

Monkey King, earned after "Journey into Shadow".

Notes:

Moresco de Valvida is the only flying Musketeer companion.

Despite being a Musketeer, Moresco de Valvida does melee damage, so I'm told.

Martin and Moresco are often on sale during the Spooky Companion sale, around Hallowe'en.

Thanks for staring this up, piratelover410!
Thanks, and maybe you could help me on my other lessons too, since you're the expert.

I hope you say yes.

Oh and you're very welcome.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I am a big fan of the monkey companions (besides Monkey King ) I have them all on my Swashbuckler! So I will share the talent setups I’ve got for them.

Monquistadors Veteran-
This guy is my line-holder. He’s got hold the line 3 to protect my other monquistadors, I also gave him a first strike and blade storm.

Monquistador Sharpshooter-
this guy will stand behind the Veteran and hit the approaching enemy with overwatch 3, to add an accuracy reduce to their dodge reduce, making them perfectly ready for me to run up and erase the enemy melee unit. He also has Double tap and his Return Fire starter talent.

The Monk-
This guy is called a Monquisitor Initiate you lubbers! Mine has Vengeance Strike 2, Blade Storm 2, and Witchhunter. Similarly to other Privateer companions he needs a Will buff to witness his full potiental.

Moresco de Valvida-
This guy is a kinda decent anti musket companion, mine has burst fire 2, quick draw 2, and double tap 2. The interesting thing about him is that his normal takes do physical instead of magical damage, so he can do better damage then most musketeers against companions like Chantal and Bonnie. For some reason I own this guy on all 3 of my pirates.

Martin Valvida-
This guy does have a spellpower reducing attack so he does seem worth using if you fight a witchdoctor, the heal attack is also nice. I believe mine has Relentless, Vengeance strike 3, blade storm, and riposte.

Hoodoo Cornelius- This guy is quite interesting, a power similar to a reckless frenzy but balanced out by putting it on a melee witchdoctor. If you use his power on an enemy with their dodge reduced he will likely one-turn them. Mine has relentless 2, blade storm 2, and second chance 3. I am not super sure the blade storms are worth putting on him to be honest, if you use frenzy on a melee unit and he ends up getting a blade storm, it gives them the opportunity to stun him and end his frenzy early, or combo him into oblivion.

Crazy Monquistador- This guy is sadly just a discount Monquistador Sharpshooter. He has one less epic talent and no guaranteed critical. Mine just has Overwatch 3 and Return Fire. He’s found a nice spot inside my house.

Monkey King- Like many, I was dramatized by his horrid accuracy when I got him in Mooshu, his subpar talent choice and lack of powers don’t help his case either. I never use this companion in combat, he will pet wrangle for all eternity!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
I am a big fan of the monkey companions (besides Monkey King ) I have them all on my Swashbuckler! So I will share the talent setups I’ve got for them.

Monquistadors Veteran-
This guy is my line-holder. He’s got hold the line 3 to protect my other monquistadors, I also gave him a first strike and blade storm.

this guy will stand behind the Veteran and hit the approaching enemy with overwatch 3, to add an accuracy reduce to their dodge reduce, making them perfectly ready for me to run up and erase the enemy melee unit. He also has Double tap and his Return Fire starter talent.

The Monk-
This guy is called a Monquisitor Initiate you lubbers! Mine has Vengeance Strike 2, Blade Storm 2, and Witchhunter. Similarly to other Privateer companions he needs a Will buff to witness his full potiental.

Moresco de Valvida-
This guy is a kinda decent anti musket companion, mine has burst fire 2, quick draw 2, and double tap 2. The interesting thing about him is that his normal takes do physical instead of magical damage, so he can do better damage then most musketeers against companions like Chantal and Bonnie. For some reason I own this guy on all 3 of my pirates.

Martin Valvida-
This guy does have a spellpower reducing attack so he does seem worth using if you fight a witchdoctor, the heal attack is also nice. I believe mine has Relentless, Vengeance strike 3, blade storm, and riposte.

Hoodoo Cornelius- This guy is quite interesting, a power similar to a reckless frenzy but balanced out by putting it on a melee witchdoctor. If you use his power on an enemy with their dodge reduced he will likely one-turn them. Mine has relentless 2, blade storm 2, and second chance 3. I am not super sure the blade storms are worth putting on him to be honest, if you use frenzy on a melee unit and he ends up getting a blade storm, it gives them the opportunity to stun him and end his frenzy early, or combo him into oblivion.

Crazy Monquistador- This guy is sadly just a discount Monquistador Sharpshooter. He has one less epic talent and no guaranteed critical. Mine just has Overwatch 3 and Return Fire. He’s found a nice spot inside my house.

Monkey King- Like many, I was dramatized by his horrid accuracy when I got him in Mooshu, his subpar talent choice and lack of powers don’t help his case either. I never use this companion in combat, he will pet wrangle for all eternity!
This is very well stated, Friendly Jesse Pew!
I love my monkeys, especially the Monquistor and Explorer!
Monkey King does have his moments of triumph, however, although I greatly prefer using Shiruko Nekko.
And I don't mean to correct your choice of words, but did you perhaps mean traumatize, instead of dramatized?
( Unless your reaction was dramatic, in which case, I'm sorry! )

If I misspelled any words, that just proves nobody is perfect, even me!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratelover410 on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:

I'm glad that there are other players willing to post about companions that are regarded as "low tier" or "lesser" or even "junk". The more this subject is covered, the more likely players will give a second look at these other companions beyond their favorite 3.
( And maybe even use them! )

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
piratelover410 on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
Thanks, and maybe you could help me on my other lessons too, since you're the expert.

I hope you say yes.

Oh and you're very welcome.
Me, expert?! You think so? I'm honored!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I've got Monkey King and the Valvida Brothers on my pirate, so I'll discuss my current build-up.

My Moresco de Valvida has Burst Fire 3, Double Tap 2, and Quick Adjust. He's quite powerful if he starts up a Critical chain. He doesn't stop until everyone in range is down! In the Skyways, I like to put him in mid-air, with air spaces all around him, so physical attacks are useless. Effectively frustrates any melee fighter!

Martin is sort of a Melee-Witchdoctor combo, best paired with Old Scratch and a Strength or Critical booster. Mine has Relentless, Blade Storm 2, Vengeance Strike 2, Riposte, and Second Chance. An all-around fighter.

I've actually managed to turn Monkey King into a decent counter-melee. He has Riposte 3, First Strike, and Second Chance. If only he could get a second First Strike he would be astounding... maybe with Crow's Song?

Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:

Monquistadors Veteran-

The Monk-

Moresco de Valvida-

Martin Valvida-

Wow, you really like monkeys except the monkey king. (sorry I didn't add in a few on my last post).

I'm also starting a new topic called slaves. Please check it out.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
This is very well stated, Friendly Jesse Pew!
I love my monkeys, especially the Monquistor and Explorer!
Monkey King does have his moments of triumph, however, although I greatly prefer using Shiruko Nekko.
And I don't mean to correct your choice of words, but did you perhaps mean traumatize, instead of dramatized?
( Unless your reaction was dramatic, in which case, I'm sorry! )

If I misspelled any words, that just proves nobody is perfect, even me!

It seems just thinking about Monkey King’s bad accuracy reduced my own spelling accuracy

Also you misspelled Monquisitor, why can’t anyone get my monk’s name right!? I guess no one is safe from Monkey King’s hidden accuracy reducing stat!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 10, 2019 wrote:
It seems just thinking about Monkey King’s bad accuracy reduced my own spelling accuracy

Also you misspelled Monquisitor, why can’t anyone get my monk’s name right!? I guess no one is safe from Monkey King’s hidden accuracy reducing stat!
Huh, maybe he should have an accuracy-reducing attack. Trickster's Strike: Deal Damage, -40% accuracy, dodge, or armor, chosen at random, to target.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I'm going to talk about ideas to improve the ones that really need it. Specifically, The Crazy Monquistador, Monquistador Veteran, Monqistador Sharpshooter, Monquistador Intiate, and Monkey King.

Crazy Monquistador-> Crazy Monquistador Sharpshooter -> Crazy Monquistador Chieftain

When he first promotes, at level 32-ish, he will gain extra Spooky and Dodge and a poison-dart ability that acts like a ranged Back Stab, poisoning the enemy. (It can activate Musketeer Epic Talents like Quick Draw and True Grit.) When he promotes again,around level 54, he will get extra Magic Resist, more Dodge, a second rank of Return Fire, and his poison-dart power would either get a bit stronger or he would gain an additional one. I'm not sure which. As he promotes, his feather headdress would get fancier feathers and his crossbow would become more decorated.

Monquistador Veteran -> Monquistador Commander -> Monqistador Warlord

When he reaches around level 48, he will promote, gaining extra Strength and turning his Epic Strike into a Mega Strike. He will look like Don Silvestro. He promotes again at level 64, turning his Mega Strike into a Super Strike and giving him an extra rank of Turn the Tide. He will look like El Nebuloso.

Monquistador Sharpshooter -> Monquistador Captain -> Monquistador Don

This promotion will take place at Level 48. His Agility and Dodge will improve, his Epic Strike will turn into Mega Strike, and his armor will look grander. At Level 64, he will Get more Dodge, a second rank of Return Fire, and Super Strike. There will be a feather in his helmet, and his crossbow will be fancy.

Monquistador Initiate -> Monquistador Disciple

At Level 50, he will get extra Spell Power, Magic Resist, a second rank of Witch Hunter, and Second Wind (25%). He will get 2 Epic Talents at this promotion, and will look like Bishop Hidalgo.

Monkey King (Celestial Trickster) -> (Celestial Prankster)

Monkey King really deserves this. Around mid-Aquila, He'll receive a promotion quest that will give him a second rank of Riposte, 2 additional Epic Talents, and a power that hit a target and reduces one of their stats, chosen at random