Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

someone from KI team (anyone) watch this video

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6i6dnq2fwc

hopefully this video will encourage you to get into high gear and actually start working on this game. but I doubt you will. if you do decide to leave pirate in the grave just keep this video as a keepsake of pirate's golden days and what this game could have been had you kept working on it. and if you are planning to release a giant update for pirate's decaversary, don't. with how the game is now I really doubt the game will live that long. it's already crippled from lack of updates and without proper updates (not the so called minor updates like Krampus or Quality of Life) pirate will bleed out. stop hiding in the shadows and keeping us in the dark. if there is anything in the works, spoilers or not, you need to tell us.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Much love to the developers, writers, artists, etc still trying to make updates when they can, but this video is a testament to the effectiveness of KI executive's decision to the merge the two teams in 2015.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter/july2015

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'm not sure if this thread is going to be allowed to continue for very long, but after watching the video, I thought I would comment.

Blaze Lifehammer isn't doing Kingsisle any favors, but neither is he doing the loyal players of the game any favors with basically sitting in Cooper's Roost (or Frontier Town as it has come to be known) talking about the lack of updates, predicting more/nothing for 2019. He himself hasn't played the game consistently or recently, so he didn't talk about the new Obsidian content, or member benefits, or even item-locking and Quest Finder. He's given up on the game just as much as so many others who have maxed pirates but can't bring themselves to play through again on another class of pirate or with a different build, etc.

I do agree that Kingsisle actually providing news would be nice. The self-imposed silence regarding even the smallest of updates has never made any sense -- why not have hyped the new PvP weapons that can now be achieved by Rank 10 Warriors? Why not hype member benefits and have subscribers looking forward to something?

Be excited about Pirate101 and others can get excited, too!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
I'm not sure if this thread is going to be allowed to continue for very long, but after watching the video, I thought I would comment.

Blaze Lifehammer isn't doing Kingsisle any favors, but neither is he doing the loyal players of the game any favors with basically sitting in Cooper's Roost (or Frontier Town as it has come to be known) talking about the lack of updates, predicting more/nothing for 2019. He himself hasn't played the game consistently or recently, so he didn't talk about the new Obsidian content, or member benefits, or even item-locking and Quest Finder. He's given up on the game just as much as so many others who have maxed pirates but can't bring themselves to play through again on another class of pirate or with a different build, etc.

I do agree that Kingsisle actually providing news would be nice. The self-imposed silence regarding even the smallest of updates has never made any sense -- why not have hyped the new PvP weapons that can now be achieved by Rank 10 Warriors? Why not hype member benefits and have subscribers looking forward to something?

I'll be excited. 'ahem' I"LL NEVER LEAVE THIS GAME! I LOVE IT!

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I might be too late to comment, but hey, I spent my hard earned money on this game. I am here until the end. I tried Wizard101 to level 20 on a Death, I started a Myth, Balance, and Life to level 12 and I still feel that pirate101 is the better game.

Blaze Lifehammer has some great videos, sure, but as Willowydream said, he has given up on the game. I believe he does NOT represent the majority of players.

Of course, Kingsisle providing news would be great. And please- a pack or two this year would be great!

Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nope, this cheerleader has put away her pom-poms and is sitting on the bench. Unless KI gives more than "we have great plans"
Although Blaze Lifehammer is wrong to complain or predict that nothing is going to happen for P101, because the new year is just starting!

Administrator
Willowydream on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:

We should definitely talk more about those recent additions, I agree!

The team is certainly not ignoring the game, even if sometimes you feel that might be the case with the somewhat infrequent updates. We want to do more, it's just a matter of how much time and resources we have to be able to do so.

What we appreciate so much is the community attention and support that you've provided over the years. Without the continued feedback, we still wouldn't have identified and been able to resolve certain issues, not to mention add as many features to the game that you wanted as we can provide.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
Bat Masterson on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:

The team is certainly not ignoring the game, even if sometimes you feel that might be the case with the somewhat infrequent updates. We want to do more, it's just a matter of how much time and resources we have to be able to do so.

What we appreciate so much is the community attention and support that you've provided over the years. Without the continued feedback, we still wouldn't have identified and been able to resolve certain issues, not to mention add as many features to the game that you wanted as we can provide.
Well, that's nice. Thanks for reassuring us at least that you haven't abandoned the game yet.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

Thanks very much for the reply, Bat. I'm very glad to hear that the team wants to do more.

Can you possibly confirm any increase in resource allocation now that Wizard's Decaversary is over? The seemingly 90/10 Wizard/Pirate split should be over, should it not?

Admiral
May 30, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Don't just give us generalized statements -- give us proof! At this point nearly anything would be better than "We have great plans" because plans that never get implemented are still bloody useless!

Give us somewhere else to explore. Come up with some sort of new bundle or pack. Heck, give the wretched Ambassadors more than one daily quest to send us on, because sinking ships in Marleybone every day gets tedious.

Wizard gets member benefits just about every week. We get them what, once in a blue moon?

Why am I paying for three memberships to P101 again?

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015

Two years since the last world update with only quality of life updates and a few skeleton boss fights. To me that is ignoring a game. If there are so few resources perhaps instead of being ok at multiple games KI should stick to the 2 games that made them a name in the business.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Don't just give us generalized statements -- give us proof! At this point nearly anything would be better than "We have great plans" because plans that never get implemented are still bloody useless!

Give us somewhere else to explore. Come up with some sort of new bundle or pack. Heck, give the wretched Ambassadors more than one daily quest to send us on, because sinking ships in Marleybone every day gets tedious.

Wizard gets member benefits just about every week. We get them what, once in a blue moon?

Why am I paying for three memberships to P101 again?
So true, sadly.

Bat, we need something solid to stand on when we're fighting for KI against those players who have given up and say that P101 is dead and finished. We can't keep pointing to statements of "great plans" which was said about the last update and the last and the last.
These updates were good but not in my definition "great". Great implies story, side content, packs and bundles. The things players have been asking for these 5 years!
And just saying that your plans depend on time and resources seems to imply that W101 will still be getting the majority of that time and those resources, with a few crumbs scattered on P101.
We need reassurance that our game is going to get that attention and soon!
Or you might find that there are no more pirates playing.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
Guys, to some degree can we really blame Blaze Lifehammer and the OP for how they feel? While I do agree that they shouldn't just write off Pirate101 as dead and while there has been some updates, the content updates have been a bit sporadic. Shoot, the last major world update was in 2016. While it's great to remain positive, we can't chide people for getting frustrated or even abandoning ship because of the infrequency of updates. That can grind your gears after a while.

I'm also glad to see that Bat has responded to this thread.

P.S. The member benefits bit was pretty cool. I know that it was for a limited time, but that's actually still pretty cool.