Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea THURSDAY - Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

AuthorMessage
Let's break with tradition today and do a rare Falmea THURSDAY, shall we?

Today, I'd like to ask our traditional last question of the year. What is your FAVORITE THING we've added to the Spiral in 2018? Quest Finder? A specific skeleton key boss? The expand backpack elixir? Something else? We want to know what you loved!

Have a wonderful warm holiday season, Pirates!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:

Today, I'd like to ask our traditional last question of the year. What is your FAVORITE THING we've added to the Spiral in 2018? Quest Finder? A specific skeleton key boss? The expand backpack elixir? Something else? We want to know what you loved!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Quest finder is a great benefit to all questing pirates. I found that the expansion elixirs adefinite plus ( specifically the for the friend's list ).
Otherwise, I wasn't completely happy with the additions this year.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Thursday! Wow.

Considering the major thing we got this year was Skeleton Key bosses, My answer is Skeleton Key bosses. (While I'm on the topic, the drop table is messed up. Obsidian comes after Gold, I think, but Gold is rarer!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I know this is off-topic, but since these replies go direct to you ( after moderation ) I would like to ask that we pirates get a Holiday Pack next year. That's all, thank you.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:
Thursday! Wow.

Considering the major thing we got this year was Skeleton Key bosses, My answer is Skeleton Key bosses. (While I'm on the topic, the drop table is messed up. Obsidian comes after Gold, I think, but Gold is rarer!)
The obsidian keys dont really have a set place in the key hierarchy. They are about equivalent to stone keys.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Gonna have to say its Member benefits, it was such a long overdue addition to Pirate and I am happy to be reaping the benefits this double pet xp weekend

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Unfortunately the bar wasn't set very high for additions to P101 this year. I really hope that turns around in the future. I would hate to have to give up on a game and community that's done so much for me since I joined.

Quest finder is really the only option I can pick for a favorite addition, since it's something I've wanted for a very long time. I can finally track down that one quest keeping my buccaneer from having the badge she's missing for side quests!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I would have to say that, for many pirate players, the Quest Finder is the most useful addition, followed closely by the item lock feature. Adding storage space via elixir is a so-so update, and adding more places for high level pirates with nothing else to do but farm is better than nothing, I guess. PvP and Crown Shop Pets and mounts are nice for collectors to collect, but many of us are getting very itchy for substantial attention to be paid to this game.

Many other things could and should have happened, and we all cling to the hope that 2019 will bring Pirate101 a new world to continue our adventures.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
The Key Fights be the Best especially the Krampus Lobby, Tatiana had had a Barrel of Fun with him har!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
- Deadeye Edward Morgan
- Deadeye Tatiana Morgan
- Deadeye Abigail Morgan

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I greatly appreciated the "Do NOT sell" button. I have in the past accidentally sold important items, and though this is a very small addition, it was appreciated. Whoever had that idea needs a pat on the back!

The quest finder is an excellent tool, especially for those who want to collect certain badges from doing all the side quests for a certain book (Cough- Armada's Most Wanted is my favorite badge!) Or just for those who want bragging rights that they completed a full game.

While this was a wonderful year, I think everyone in this community would prefer something more that these little ( though awesome) perks. I think all can agree with me when I say that I can't wait until the new world expansion!

Thank you, Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:

Well, I really like the addition of Skeleton Key secret bosses. Really gave us something more to do in our spare time, even though the Obsidian key bosses don't have unique treasures to acquire and sell for gold. Still, they're very amazing! I really would like to see more new Skeleton Key bosses, even now that the previous key types from W101 have been carried over. Maybe see a big batch of 'em along the line. I can think of many places that need Skeleton Key bosses.

The additions of Quest Finder, space increasing elixirs, member benefits are all very nice QoL additions. Really helped out those who have been seeking quests, more space, and member perks. Keep making more like 'em!

The year, albeit lackluster, has been a good one. I hope next year won't be too lackluster on more new adventures & treasures. Thanks, Falmea!

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
I absolutely loved how KI fixed the Spirits of Yuletide...

All jokes aside, I did enjoy the Questfinder and Obsidian Key Dungeons. And Scratch's AoE makes a nice tool for grinding low-level stuff.

While I would enjoy more content, that's not the point of this thread. I do very much enjoy the Key Bosses, especially because it gives more value to grinding Moo Manchu and Kane.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll start a new thread about looking forward next.