Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Void Fish

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Something I noticed while fighting void fish for a quest in Valencia is that they are extremely overpowered. They are packed with epics. They also seem to have a rediculously high chance of getting relentless. I was either getting extremely unlucky or it's higher for them? I can't really tell but it seemed to happen more often in those battles than anyother battle, this is including every single battle with the void fish. They also have a high chance to critical, that's fine though because most of Valencia is like that. Also, their second chance annoyed me, I'd block and then they'd hit with second chance, of course a critical most of the time and then it'd go blade storm, relentless, relentless critical, blade storm, and so on until they used all possible epics. They seem over powered to me. I'm expecting people to answer, change your crew around, before you say that, it's not what I'm asking for.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It's for a side quest, and they have the same epics as some of your companions. If you are finding them difficult, it's no surprise, we all have. Teaming up with a friend can help, and so can doubloons.

Just think how happen you'll be when you finally win against those devils!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
frostednutella on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
Something I noticed while fighting void fish for a quest in Valencia is that they are extremely overpowered. They are packed with epics. They also seem to have a rediculously high chance of getting relentless. I was either getting extremely unlucky or it's higher for them? I can't really tell but it seemed to happen more often in those battles than anyother battle, this is including every single battle with the void fish. They also have a high chance to critical, that's fine though because most of Valencia is like that. Also, their second chance annoyed me, I'd block and then they'd hit with second chance, of course a critical most of the time and then it'd go blade storm, relentless, relentless critical, blade storm, and so on until they used all possible epics. They seem over powered to me. I'm expecting people to answer, change your crew around, before you say that, it's not what I'm asking for.
Yeah, you're asking for a nerf; believe me, Void Fish are easy compared to what you'll be facing in the rest of Valencia pt.2
They are just as powerful as our companions, who are also "packed with epics" who also have a chance for criticals and relentless.
I see from your avatar that you're a Witchdoctor, may I suggest that you use companions that can stop the void fish from swarming you?
Using companions with Hold the Line will give you a chance to hit them before they hit you. Musketeers with Over Watch will damage them severely ( especially if they get on a Burst Fire rampage ).
Using other companions with melee abilities are best in a small area like the deck of a ship. I have done this quest through 2 accounts ( and all classes ) and the void fish are no trouble ( or a very little trouble ) if you take precautions and chose companions wisely.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Willowydream on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:
It's for a side quest, and they have the same epics as some of your companions. If you are finding them difficult, it's no surprise, we all have. Teaming up with a friend can help, and so can doubloons.

Just think how happen you'll be when you finally win against those devils!
Sadly it's not a side quest, I wish it was though. It's more the rng for relentless that's messing me up but I plan on getting help with it so I stop losing all of my companions lol. I don't remember doing this quest the first time around which surprises me since I would normally remember such a pesty quest.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
frostednutella on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
Sadly it's not a side quest, I wish it was though. It's more the rng for relentless that's messing me up but I plan on getting help with it so I stop losing all of my companions lol. I don't remember doing this quest the first time around which surprises me since I would normally remember such a pesty quest.
I thought it was for the Polarian ambassador, no? Maybe that's the stiletto fish...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
frostednutella on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
I think Willowydream has mixed up the Void Fish with the Stiletto Fish. Those are very nasty to fight. Don't accept the quests from the Polarian or Grizzleheim Ambassadors if you hate very tough, companion defeating battles!