Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How do I counter witch hunter?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Title says it. How do i counter witch hunter?

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
kingme655 on Nov 18, 2017 wrote:
One method is to use soul shroud so at half health the shroud attack wastes the reduce. You could also summon spam so that your opponent can't actually get to you and trigger witch hunt. Other than that, not much. I wouldn't expect an update to balance it anytime soon to be frank

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Nov 18, 2017 wrote:
There is no direct counter to Witch Hunter. It's a talent attack response to your magic attack.
Witchdoctors have very little Dodge or Armor for their defense. You can lessen the effects of WH by having some sort of shield. You can train basic shields from the Commodore & Mordekai, pets can grant shields ( my pet gives me Triton's Song ), gear also can give shields.
I've seen Contessa Argento with Gallant Defense used very effectively, GD directs ALL attacks to her. And as she has First Strike talent and Riposte, she can definitely punish those who use WH.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
bring contessa, ratbeard, and ov5 musket and pray someone with it doesnt get to you

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Best defense is to not use an offensive magic attack.

In a fight with a bunch of enemies with Witch Hunter, surround yourself with non-magic using companions. As soon as someone reveals themselves to have Witch Hunter, gang up on that enemy and eliminate them quickly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
Best defense is to not use an offensive magic attack.

In a fight with a bunch of enemies with Witch Hunter, surround yourself with non-magic using companions. As soon as someone reveals themselves to have Witch Hunter, gang up on that enemy and eliminate them quickly.
But the opening poster is a Witchdoctor! Talent attacks like Readied Spell, Jobu's Ruse, Coward's Bane and Mojo Echo all trigger a Witch hunter response.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
But the opening poster is a Witchdoctor! Talent attacks like Readied Spell, Jobu's Ruse, Coward's Bane and Mojo Echo all trigger a Witch hunter response.
Which is why I said, surround yourself with NON-witchdoctor COMPANIONS, and attack enemies that reveal the talent ASAP.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
simple. have intuition. if you are lucky you can trigger intuition then chain attack them before they can WH. my Old Scratch use to carry WH but now he Carries Intuition. so he always hits first before a WH can trigger. basically it would go like this:

Intuition
Witch Hunter

and any other epics that trigger before or after it such as Mojo Echo or Mojo Rising.