Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Party Barge Quests

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have pirates of all levels traveling through the Spiral. I'd like to report that I think the mid-level pirates come off worst in the quest "And So It Goes" -- having to travel all the way to Banditoad Gulch for the first part, and then having to fight those Striped Bumbaloons over and over. I've never spent so much time at Ogalalla Rock :)

The clockworks in Ancient Ruins are a close second, for the lower-level pirates.

Why is Lady Heathcliffe so mean to us?

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Willowydream on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
I have pirates of all levels traveling through the Spiral. I'd like to report that I think the mid-level pirates come off worst in the quest "And So It Goes" -- having to travel all the way to Banditoad Gulch for the first part, and then having to fight those Striped Bumbaloons over and over. I've never spent so much time at Ogalalla Rock :)

The clockworks in Ancient Ruins are a close second, for the lower-level pirates.

I agree with you. My level 21 Buccaneer doesn't stand a chance against those Bumbaloons. My Haywire companions have never worked so hard to defeat enemies before. Overall, I think that the quests should be revised for low level pirates. On top of that, it took me 1 hour to get everything I needed from the Gold Mine enemies, even though I am twice their level. Why is Heathcliffe so mean to us, you ask? It's ironic because she's a dog with a pet cat......... I think the daily quests need major revision.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 38 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training and owner of all Haywire companions)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:

She's one of The Professor's time-traveling companions. She knows, in the future, you will cause a destructive war between Marleybone & Valencia - this is just a subtle plot to destroy you before you can do that!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Think of it as inspiration to get your ship out of Dodge -- um, Cool Ranch. Put some welly into it and move to MooShu or Marleybone.

At least the cutthroat ships in MB very generously seem to drop scrip a lot.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
What would really help is if multiple pirates actually drew multiple Striped Bumbaloons, but they don't -- the strict limit of one Striped Bumbaloon per battle is another factor in the grind. Could this possibly be changed?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
What would really help is if multiple pirates actually drew multiple Striped Bumbaloons, but they don't -- the strict limit of one Striped Bumbaloon per battle is another factor in the grind. Could this possibly be changed?

It would be much better if the quest were changed to Giant Hornets.
1. They have stings ( like Bumbaloons. )
2. You get more per battle.
3. They're still a challenge without being overwhelming.
Why do max levels just get ship battles and no creature battles? Why can't I be sent to Aquila or Calabria Skyway?
Stiletto Fish, anyone?
P.S.: If more than one pirate is in a Bumbaloon battle do you still get only one Bunbaloon?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
She's one of The Professor's time-traveling companions. She knows, in the future, you will cause a destructive war between Marleybone & Valencia - this is just a subtle plot to destroy you before you can do that!
is she? I would love to see that in a quest! *cough ki cough*

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
It would be much better if the quest were changed to Giant Hornets.
1. They have stings ( like Bumbaloons. )
2. You get more per battle.
3. They're still a challenge without being overwhelming.
Why do max levels just get ship battles and no creature battles? Why can't I be sent to Aquila or Calabria Skyway?
Stiletto Fish, anyone?
P.S.: If more than one pirate is in a Bumbaloon battle do you still get only one Bunbaloon?
Yes, I had 3 pirates fighting bumbaloons on my ship, and only ONE striped one appears per battle, because it must be targeted by the captain with the ship. There is no way to drag in another to an existing ship's deck, because they are skyway creatures, not regular mobs.

Switching to Hornets would be awesome.