Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Champion Boosting

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
So recently, I have been seeing more and more PvP Champions pop up, which is a little irritating to me. I will explain. For those that you don't know, rank boosting has become a huge issue in Pirate101 due to the small player base. It's not hard for the matchmaking PvP system to keep putting you against your friend, who in turn lets you win and giving you free rank. I want to know in what world this is fair to the people who actually want to try and earn their rank in PvP. The sole reason I don't PvP is because of this very reason. I am sick of people getting free boosted rank to Champion for the Champion weapons, the Champion pets, and the PvP mounts. Back when I still played Wizard101, I was Overlord 2500 rank on my level 15 Death but I had Deer Knight and I actually worked hard to get that rank, so therefore I deserved all the PvP gear I got. What I'm trying to say is that I am sick of boosted PvP Champions. I really hope that boosting doesn't become an issue in ship PvP. I'm actually excited for it because people haven't found a way to boost yet. My proposition is that Kingsisle needs to do something with the PvP Matchmaking system so you don't keep facing the same guy over and over again and getting free boosted rank. This will actually make me want to earn my PvP rank. It's also a life lesson that if you want something in life, you have to work hard to get it. Nothing in life should be given to you freely. I'm not saying that every champion is boosted. Very few have actually worked hard and gotten PvP champion through hard work, but most Pirates are boosted. Thank you for reading my post and have an awesome day, fellow pirates.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 36 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 20 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
You said it yourself -- the small player base, and even smaller number of PvP players almost guarantees that if someone wants to reach a high rank, they really have to cooperate. Ultimately, it's a game, and if that is the only way to achieve their goals, they are going to do it.

If you DON'T PvP for these reasons, then you are only helping make your scenario even truer, as you are decreasing the pool by removing yourself from it.

Community Leader
The problem is not the 1v1 queue, it's berry difficult to boost significant amounts of rank in 1v1 due to the matchmaking system. It's very unlikely one will pull someone more than 75-100 rank away from them. The problem is battle royale. It's very easy to match people of any rank together, provided they are the same level. Also, the royale queue is almost always empty, making the odds you run into a real opponent next to 0. This problem could be easily mitigated by closing the royale queues (Yeah, it sucks, but almost no one legitimately uses them) until a true solution is reached. Adding in a leaderboard and spectating would also help slow the problem. There are some people who would think twice before boosting early in the season if they could be caught through watching the leaderboard or catching them in the act.

Honestly, I kinda like that there are boosted players in queue. It makes for a lot more free rank for legitimate players (all the boosters are terrible PvPers)

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 20, 2017 wrote:
So recently, I have been seeing more and more PvP Champions pop up, which is a little irritating to me. I will explain. For those that you don't know, rank boosting has become a huge issue in Pirate101 due to the small player base. It's not hard for the matchmaking PvP system to keep putting you against your friend, who in turn lets you win and giving you free rank. I want to know in what world this is fair to the people who actually want to try and earn their rank in PvP. The sole reason I don't PvP is because of this very reason. I am sick of people getting free boosted rank to Champion for the Champion weapons, the Champion pets, and the PvP mounts. Back when I still played Wizard101, I was Overlord 2500 rank on my level 15 Death but I had Deer Knight and I actually worked hard to get that rank, so therefore I deserved all the PvP gear I got. What I'm trying to say is that I am sick of boosted PvP Champions. I really hope that boosting doesn't become an issue in ship PvP. I'm actually excited for it because people haven't found a way to boost yet. My proposition is that Kingsisle needs to do something with the PvP Matchmaking system so you don't keep facing the same guy over and over again and getting free boosted rank. This will actually make me want to earn my PvP rank. It's also a life lesson that if you want something in life, you have to work hard to get it. Nothing in life should be given to you freely. I'm not saying that every champion is boosted. Very few have actually worked hard and gotten PvP champion through hard work, but most Pirates are boosted. Thank you for reading my post and have an awesome day, fellow pirates.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 36 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 20 Buccaneer-in-Training)
Back when Ranked PVP was new, there were more players taking part. Getting new match-ups was easy; then some players began refusing match-ups so they could boost against themselves or a friend. KI responded by having a "time out" penalty for those who refused a match.
Because there is now a shortage of competitors, boosting is becoming prevalent once again, but just what can KI do about this?
If you're sitting in the queue waiting for a match-up and no is showing up, who do you play against? Get more players excited about Ranked PVP and there will be more competitors, making it harder for the boosters to get matched with a friend.