Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Avernus Skyway

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
So we are all thinking it, and I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Recently I was questing on my lower level pirate and while hearing out the dialogue (I never skip the dialogue when questing) everyone from Hooktail to Queen Eleanor to Gortez said that the stormgate to Avernus is certain death for sure. But as I braved the Avernus stormgate, I didn't see "certain death" waiting for me on the other side. The skyway was just filled with a bunch of unused stormgates and a bunch of red clouds. So, if anyone from Kingsisle is reading this post, Me and many other pirates out there would definitely like to see a return to the Avernus skyway. The Avernus skyway in general broke my heart because I expected it to be certain death and tough enemies waiting for me on the other side, not a bunch of unused stormgates. All we used the Avernus skyway for was to sail to Valencia part one to Sivella then it was forgotten. I just hope and pray that we make a return to this skyway full of death in future updates. It has so much potential to be a good skyway and a good addition to the game. I'm looking forward to what you fellow pirates out there have to say about the long forgotten Avernus Skyway.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 33 Musketeer-in-Training)

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 5, 2017 wrote:
So we are all thinking it, and I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Recently I was questing on my lower level pirate and while hearing out the dialogue (I never skip the dialogue when questing) everyone from Hooktail to Queen Eleanor to Gortez said that the stormgate to Avernus is certain death for sure. But as I braved the Avernus stormgate, I didn't see "certain death" waiting for me on the other side. The skyway was just filled with a bunch of unused stormgates and a bunch of red clouds. So, if anyone from Kingsisle is reading this post, Me and many other pirates out there would definitely like to see a return to the Avernus skyway. The Avernus skyway in general broke my heart because I expected it to be certain death and tough enemies waiting for me on the other side, not a bunch of unused stormgates. All we used the Avernus skyway for was to sail to Valencia part one to Sivella then it was forgotten. I just hope and pray that we make a return to this skyway full of death in future updates. It has so much potential to be a good skyway and a good addition to the game. I'm looking forward to what you fellow pirates out there have to say about the long forgotten Avernus Skyway.

Sincerely,
YES! We need to find out about those stormgates. I predict that we're going to go to El Dorado from there (IDK why, but I have always though that maybe that's the stormgate to it )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Sincerely,
We've not only all being thinking it, Elijah, but we've also all been saying it. Even I once stated I wish there was more to Avernus Skyway than there really is, but I guess fortunately for me it meant a World I can skip so I can head right on to my second favorite world, Valencia. It really is a bummer that you can't adventure in Avernus except for the promotion Side Quests with Old Scratch (which I don't even use).

However, maybe I'm sort of glad you can't Quest in Avernus just yet. Avernus is supposed to be the Pirate101 version of Wizard101's Dragonspyre, and honestly it just isn't my forte. But I love the suspenseful and fantasy-like music that plays in Avernus Skyway and the breathtaking graphics, and hey, it's a great place to chill.

Diverteix-Te,
Et veuré a Skyways!

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014

Sincerely,
it is certain death because if you take the time to look around you will see Bone Drakes flying around that will tear you apart should you engage in them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Sincerely,
If you left the safety of the windlane, those bone drakes would give you enough death & danger.....
And Avernus was simply a means to enter Valencia by bypassing the Armada blockade.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Avernus USED to be much more daunting. In the skyway, bone drakes can be found that can easily burn a pirate and his/her crew alive. And they come in flocks too which makes it ten times better. However, in an under-the-radar update, these creatures were moved away from the windlanes making getting through the skyway less of a daunting task and more of a 2 minute wait until you get to Valencia. It would be really nice to see this reverted as it would make Avernus a much more exciting venture. *cough* @kingsisle *cough*

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012

Sincerely,
Well, when the game launched and you visited Avernus skyway for the first time (approx. level 20), those flying bone dragons in the skyway are level 50....and spelled certain death for anyone not paying attention to where they were headed. (in other words....Avernus skyway, at one time, did contain some of the hardest mobs in the game).

The weird thing is that I don't ever remember a quest bringing us back to Avernus with a reason to defeat those bone dragons flying around.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
Oran from Urz on Sep 5, 2017 wrote:
Well, when the game launched and you visited Avernus skyway for the first time (approx. level 20), those flying bone dragons in the skyway are level 50....and spelled certain death for anyone not paying attention to where they were headed. (in other words....Avernus skyway, at one time, did contain some of the hardest mobs in the game).

The weird thing is that I don't ever remember a quest bringing us back to Avernus with a reason to defeat those bone dragons flying around.
I think Old Scratch had a promotion that required us to return to Avernus and collect something in the Skyway while trying to avoid them. I don't recall if we HAD to defeat them or not but I do remember doing some battles with those pesky beasts.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Maybe in a future update, you'll have to return to Avernus and defeat the bone drakes (but not at level 50. I suspect that is a remnant of the initial release when the level was capped at 50).

I have to agree, move the bone drakes closer to the windlanes, and have more variety there as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Steven Owlhunter on Sep 6, 2017 wrote:
I think Old Scratch had a promotion that required us to return to Avernus and collect something in the Skyway while trying to avoid them. I don't recall if we HAD to defeat them or not but I do remember doing some battles with those pesky beasts.
Gathering those Doom Shards for Scratch's promotion was tricky - you had to watch where you were going if you didn't want to run into those bone drakes.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Hey KI can you make the bone dragons level 100+ now? Just for dangers sake.