Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i feel too low level for VA2

AuthorMessage
Captain
Apr 24, 2016
I feel so underpowered for VA2. I am using the hoodoo bundle gear, the moo dragon axe, and for my companions: contessa, the march or bonnie anne, and either old scratch or ratbeard. sometimes, I use russel to. I feel so newbie in VA2. tips? I am also level 68, and a . help from anyone will help, as long as it doesn't involve packs. my pack luck is like my luck at getting captain bloods jacket- terrible. thanks! I would like to try to finish VA2 before the next story update. so I can be caught up for once!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
I feel so underpowered for VA2. I am using the hoodoo bundle gear, the moo dragon axe, and for my companions: contessa, the march or bonnie anne, and either old scratch or ratbeard. sometimes, I use russel to. I feel so newbie in VA2. tips? I am also level 68, and a . help from anyone will help, as long as it doesn't involve packs. my pack luck is like my luck at getting captain bloods jacket- terrible. thanks! I would like to try to finish VA2 before the next story update. so I can be caught up for once!
Well, have you done all the side quests you can? Or if you have some companions at your level or higher try putting them on Keel Haulin' duty for an extra tome or two? And do you know where all the hidden tomes are in VA2?
Old Scratch is very squishy so if you don't shield him, he's more likely to be attacked and defeated. Do you absolutely need him?
Try using Egg Shen a bit, he's an excellent companion.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
You're not underleveled don't worry. Are your companions underleveled? That may be the problem.

Privateer is probably the hardest (in my experience) pirate to level up on. They can't fight for themselves too well and sometimes the companions are dead or just aren't pumping out enough damage. Don't be afraid to go to Avery's court and ask for some help from a level 70! Although some people may make fun of you there are lots of helpful pirates looking to help others out.

Ensign
May 31, 2014
Oh no, you should for sure not be using that gear. However, since you are level 68 aren't you pretty much done with VA pt 2 anyways? Since you cannot make it to lvl 70 without doing side quests as the main storyline only makes you to lvl 68. You might as well start farming for moo manchu gear/kane (depends on your class) or other nonauction gear that gives useful powers/talents

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It's not your level, it's not your gear, it's your strategy. If you are using a certain team, and they are not succeeding, try a different team. Returning to Valencia showed many of us that we had become complacent in being over-powered and meeting enemies who didn't have quite the build as our own team, and so were easily defeated without losing a single companion to Bed Rest.

Well, we had to wake up and face criticals and First Strike 3 and all those things that are causing you to doubt whether you are ready. Change your thinking to a more defensive plan. Change your team, and buff them -- protect them before they are hit. Hide in the corner to protect your ranged defenders with Overwatch 3 and use your tough buccaneers to defend.

AND try to find other pirates to team up with. Going it alone is possible, but harder.

You can do it - I know you can because I did.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thanks! I might have to wait a bit to try these out. my game was lagging really bad. also I am not even CLOSE to finishing VA2. just because I am that level, doesn't mean I finished it. I side quested a bit in aq/mb/ms. sorry, I get upset easily. I have good gear I got from doing kane from porting in, I just need to get to that level. I have a moo ring and weapon. also I just started VA2 a couple weeks ago. thanks again for any tips! I was also bullyed a bit in w101, so I don't like asking for help in the commons or Avery's court. I am side questing to level up a bit, so I can prepare for the rest of VA2 and beyond.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
thanks! I might have to wait a bit to try these out. my game was lagging really bad. also I am not even CLOSE to finishing VA2. just because I am that level, doesn't mean I finished it. I side quested a bit in aq/mb/ms. sorry, I get upset easily. I have good gear I got from doing kane from porting in, I just need to get to that level. I have a moo ring and weapon. also I just started VA2 a couple weeks ago. thanks again for any tips! I was also bullyed a bit in w101, so I don't like asking for help in the commons or Avery's court. I am side questing to level up a bit, so I can prepare for the rest of VA2 and beyond.
WHOOP WHOOP! leveled up earlier! yay :D

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
WHOOP WHOOP! leveled up earlier! yay :D
Congratulations! You have definitely earned a hearty, "whoop, whoop!"

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
Congratulations! You have definitely earned a hearty, "whoop, whoop!"
:D ty!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
:D ty!
You're welcome!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I would be happy to help you, been awhile since I met any new marauders. (plus even with really good gear vp2 is tough)

Ensign
Apr 24, 2013
yea actually, I am doing the Duomo battle against royal guards and would like advice, I am using the best hp based gear I can find, but still losing, I am a level 66 swashbuckler, and I don't know of any good tactics other than hide, but that dang first strike 3 keeps getting me killed, any advice?

Ruthless Rodrigo Roberts