Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 20, 2013
there is a problem with a few members of the community, when I was in Skull Island they were swearing and threatening me and another person (btw swearing around the filters btw). I have screen shots to validate this and the people who were being mean also reported me multiple times for no reason. I have all of it in screenshots to prove this and they were using bad and offensive language against me. Also they were saying that they do not care and that he basically can do whatever he likes. Also some of the words he said came across as threatening and violent.

Where can I report this? Also is this a matter worth reporting?

Thanks

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ybco124 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
there is a problem with a few members of the community, when I was in Skull Island they were swearing and threatening me and another person (btw swearing around the filters btw). I have screen shots to validate this and the people who were being mean also reported me multiple times for no reason. I have all of it in screenshots to prove this and they were using bad and offensive language against me. Also they were saying that they do not care and that he basically can do whatever he likes. Also some of the words he said came across as threatening and violent.

Thanks
Swearing around the filters is definitely against the Terms of Use for this game, report them at once. Contact Support ( the icon at the top of the screen will take you directly to the KI support boards. ) Include the screen shots you took, as well as the date & the server.
Thank you for being willing to do your part in making P101 a better place to be.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hi! The best place to report a player is using the report button on the tag or possibly emailing kingsisle support. I always like to here both sides of the story when it comes to things like this, but from your perspective I would say this is a matter definitely worth reporting.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Yep as everyone else said, report them! It's not a bad thing to do, really. Kingsisle has access to all chat logs. If you really want to get some action done (and quickly) you might try contacting support with screenshots.

Gotta make sure people don't take the "Pirate" part of Pirate101 too literally...

Ensign
Jan 20, 2013
Ensign
Jan 20, 2013
So this is the reply I received:
Hello,

We do appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. We're constantly striving to mitigate the annoyance others can bring in to The Spiral and rely on players like yourself to maintain some degree of maturity and reason in the face of juvenile tantrums. While it's certainly not the final solution, we'd suggest, for the short term, using the True Friend code option with those you play with & are personally known to you (in real life, ala family members & neighbors). Once exchanged, turn off your filtered/open chat via the Parental Control management - this will effectively tune out the noise while allowing you to chat with people you know.

If this isn't an option, you can always use the ignore button, change realms and otherwise remove yourself from the situation, so as not be subjected to a verbal assault. Please do report anyone you believe to be violating the Terms of Use. We do review the reports and full enforce the Terms of Use, up to & including banning of the account.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

thanks btw

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ybco124 on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
So this is the reply I received:
Hello,

We do appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. We're constantly striving to mitigate the annoyance others can bring in to The Spiral and rely on players like yourself to maintain some degree of maturity and reason in the face of juvenile tantrums. While it's certainly not the final solution, we'd suggest, for the short term, using the True Friend code option with those you play with & are personally known to you (in real life, ala family members & neighbors). Once exchanged, turn off your filtered/open chat via the Parental Control management - this will effectively tune out the noise while allowing you to chat with people you know.

If this isn't an option, you can always use the ignore button, change realms and otherwise remove yourself from the situation, so as not be subjected to a verbal assault. Please do report anyone you believe to be violating the Terms of Use. We do review the reports and full enforce the Terms of Use, up to & including banning of the account.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

thanks btw
That's a standard reply, it doesn't mean that they won't review your screen shots with dialogue and take action. I've never heard of an MMO that tells you how they will sanction offenders.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
ybco124 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:

Thanks
If you wouldn't mind, what are their names, levels, and classes? A friend and I have gotten into a habit of hunting down profane pirates and reporting them anonymously once they swear. Also @OEJ, I did email a list of swear words and profane phrases pirates use commonly so you can remove them from text chat, but these words are still being used????

Ensign
Jul 13, 2016
From what I've seen nothing will be done to them I'm afraid. I've reported several people for profanity (bypassing filter) and they are still on doing the same thing the next day. It's just a waste of time and effort.

False reporting has become rampant as well. There was some guy (Jose ?) going around the morphing tent randomly false reporting people, including me. When others would ask why, people were just shrugging it off and saying KI wouldn't do anything to them or anyone else for the false reports.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
If you wouldn't mind, what are their names, levels, and classes? A friend and I have gotten into a habit of hunting down profane pirates and reporting them anonymously once they swear. Also @OEJ, I did email a list of swear words and profane phrases pirates use commonly so you can remove them from text chat, but these words are still being used????
They have to make their list, then code it, and only then implement it - I suspect they may wait until an update is coming.
Continue the reporting; it's not just the words that need banishing, but also those who use them ( and think they'll never get caught or punished ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
despicablepirate on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
From what I've seen nothing will be done to them I'm afraid. I've reported several people for profanity (bypassing filter) and they are still on doing the same thing the next day. It's just a waste of time and effort.

False reporting has become rampant as well. There was some guy (Jose ?) going around the morphing tent randomly false reporting people, including me. When others would ask why, people were just shrugging it off and saying KI wouldn't do anything to them or anyone else for the false reports.
If the report is a false report, then nothing will be done. But false reporting over & over will eventually carry a punishment - he will lose the right to report. ( I don't believe that this should be a banning offense. )