Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Most Unusual Team

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Hey everyone! I'm just going to go out of my way and post this fun thread for you guys to answer, but first a story! We've all had that time where our A-Team dies on us and we're forced to use other companions to win fights. I myself was put in this situation before when I did Duomo for the first time on my Swashbuckler. I was not prepared for the difficulty increase, so my A-Team was defeated easily (Ridolfo Capoferro, Fan Flanders, and El Toro.) I was forced to try other companions, so after blocking my ports to make sure no one ported to help me, I used Old Scratch, the Valencian Crab Hermit, and Gracie Conrad and won! My question for you guys is this, what's the most unusual team of companions that you've ever used? Mine would be in this Duomo dungeon, Old Scratch, Crab Hermit, and Gracie Conrad. Old Scratch boosted my bleed out damage on my Assassin's Strike and my poison damage and the Crab Hermit and Gracie had the minion summon. Keep in mind, I didn't have Blood Flames back then, I had to make do without it! Your turn, what has been your most unusual crew so far?
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 15 Musketeer)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In the attempt to prove that certain "useless" companions can be used to good effect in battle ( if you know what you're doing & have given them good talents & epics ) I used this team for the final battle in the Great Machine:
Itzeen Kaan ( Tribal Pack ) has a heal & Call to Arms.
Chicken Miner no epics
Nurse Quinn has a heal, no epics
Not only did they survive the battle & were useful in healing the others in the team-up, but Jake, the Chicken Miner, tore apart a Marine. ( by himself! )
Yes, this was in a team-up situation and I would never use them in a solo instance ( except Itzeen, as he's my back-up to El Toro ) but this goes to show how well "third-rate, junk & useless" companions are actually USEFUL if you give them a chance.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
My most unusual team consisted of Old Scratch, Bat Masterson, and Jim Masterson. I was farming Typhon in Aquila trying to get Shoes of Faunus and I noticed that witch hunter worked on Typhon's inferno cheat hit thing (sorry I forget the real name). Since both Bat and Jim have Witch Hunter 2 for me, I decided I would use them with Old Scratch. I moved the bats up beside each other and I used Old Scratch best Mojo buff. Typhon came right up to them and to my surprise Bat Masterson actually dodged his hit and used riposte on Typhon. Then both Bat and Jim started to do over 600 damage through Witch Hunter! They both used Witch Hunter 3 times and they even got a few critical hits in. By the end of the first round Typhon was dead and most of his minions were dying away. I started using this team every time I fought Typhon because they made it so easy! I never would've thought that the worst (in my opinion) from the Magnificent Seven and his even worse counterpart would be so good!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Mustang Rowdy, Monterey Jack and Monquistitor initiate DESTROYED Deacon into 3000 pieces.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Jun 10, 2017 wrote:
Mustang Rowdy, Monterey Jack and Monquistitor initiate DESTROYED Deacon into 3000 pieces.
Monterey Jack Cheese?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
crimsonreaper5 on Jun 6, 2017 wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm just going to go out of my way and post this fun thread for you guys to answer, but first a story! We've all had that time where our A-Team dies on us and we're forced to use other companions to win fights. I myself was put in this situation before when I did Duomo for the first time on my Swashbuckler. I was not prepared for the difficulty increase, so my A-Team was defeated easily (Ridolfo Capoferro, Fan Flanders, and El Toro.) I was forced to try other companions, so after blocking my ports to make sure no one ported to help me, I used Old Scratch, the Valencian Crab Hermit, and Gracie Conrad and won! My question for you guys is this, what's the most unusual team of companions that you've ever used? Mine would be in this Duomo dungeon, Old Scratch, Crab Hermit, and Gracie Conrad. Old Scratch boosted my bleed out damage on my Assassin's Strike and my poison damage and the Crab Hermit and Gracie had the minion summon. Keep in mind, I didn't have Blood Flames back then, I had to make do without it! Your turn, what has been your most unusual crew so far?
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 15 Musketeer)
I felt a little weird when I just saw Old Scratch pop up on Nora in Smuggler's Arena because he was the last Companion I was able to use. I am not a fan of Old Scratch, so it was very, very weird.

However, I thought it was my friend's Old Scratch and, since I'm not an expert at Witchdoctor Powers or Talents (as I've never had a Witchdoctor), I thought the friend transferred his Old Scratch to me with some kind of Power, which sparked an idea that I will explain in another thread.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
Monterey Jack Cheese?
lol You can get him on your in tumbleweed. He's pretty good. From Dan Drake's side quest.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
lol You can get him on your in tumbleweed. He's pretty good. From Dan Drake's side quest.
Awesome! I can't wait until Nora gets into Cool Ranch!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
Awesome! I can't wait until Nora gets into Cool Ranch!
Or not...

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
As a swashbuckler, I never use low-health-but-hard-hitting companions such as Sarah, Fan (I used to use her but she kinda just disappeared from my team), and Contessa, as well as popular companions like Bonnie Anne and El Toro. I prefer using companions with good health stats that can still hit well. My current team is Keisuke Yagi (who in a weird way does better than Kan Po), Caracticus, and for my ranged companion....... I use the Chicken Sheriff. He's pretty underrated imo. Though he could use another epic talent, he performs a lot better than most favored musketeers out there. When he's on bed rest, I use Pepe, who's arguably one of the best musketeers in the game. He has VERY good range, damage considering his powers and epics, and, with Louis, has the highest armor stat for a musketeer.