Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why the sigil?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Okay, I have a question I cannot answer.

Invariably, when you encounter a sigil, you think there will be a battle inside. Even if you enter a cave, you think there is going to be a battle inside.

However, when you enter the banquet hall in Sparta to give Eagilles his banquet, a sigil appears....but there is no battle.

So, why the sigil??

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on May 26, 2017 wrote:
Okay, I have a question I cannot answer.

Invariably, when you encounter a sigil, you think there will be a battle inside. Even if you enter a cave, you think there is going to be a battle inside.

However, when you enter the banquet hall in Sparta to give Eagilles his banquet, a sigil appears....but there is no battle.

So, why the sigil??
To trick you and freak you out.

Community Leader
People enjoyed that cutscene, so a sigil was added to make it repeatable

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jun 26, 2009
Usually an instance is created to separate important battles as you indicated, but there are also technical reasons for doing so.
The more you spread out the population, the less of a load on the server and the client. It reduces the amount of interactions between each player and each object.

Ensign
Jun 26, 2009
It's also good for your PC, as there are less objects to render.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
anecorbie on May 26, 2017 wrote:
To trick you and freak you out.
That is EXACTLY the reason.