Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Skymanship and Yacht Racing side activities

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In a discussion on ship combat, I came up with something that might work better as a side activity. We were talking about ways to make ship combat more interesting. I had an idea about adding directional winds to the combat areas. A windsock or wind indicator would need to be added to our ship. Fly with the wind = more speed. Directly into the wind = stall. Angled into the wind = moving, but not as fast as with the wind. If in combat, attacks into the wind would need to be angled so as not to stall. If sailing with the wind, you could block the wind from enemy sails and make them slow. Or they could do that to you if you run away with the wind.
I thought it could be a change to the pirate regatta, or a new Skymanship activity- sailing through a challenging and windy area obstacle course, which might or might not have an enemy in it, or it could be Yacht Racing- sailing a racecourse against other ships. Little boats might even have an advantage against galleons, or maybe not, depending on the racecourse.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Here's a link to the thread this idea started in, about ship combat
Do you think there is any potential in this as a side activity?
Would you rather sail against an obstacle course or Race other ships? Thoughts?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Calamity Finch on May 4, 2017 wrote:
Here's a link to the thread this idea started in, about ship combat
Do you think there is any potential in this as a side activity?
Would you rather sail against an obstacle course or Race other ships? Thoughts?
Both would be fun.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Racing other ships isn't going to be exactly fair, given that different players will have different operating systems, internet speeds, etc. However, racing an obstacle course might be fun.