Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Soloing the game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
I'm wondering what class is the best for soloing the game? Also how hard is it to solo the game?

Ensign
Aug 09, 2014
Not hard. I've done it as a musketeer with little difficulty. If you have good companions and give them the right talents you should have little trouble. As a musketeer you can send your companions forward to take on the enemies one on one as you hang back and pick them off with powerful multi target powers. Using this strategy you rarely die.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Any class can solo this game. There will be times that certain classes have it harder or easier according to level and class of enemies encountered.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
I'm a privateer and my heeling skills come in very handy. I solo, usually.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I have a max level from each class and I think the best classes for questing are the ranged classes, especially if you will be going solo. Early on it doesn't seem to matter much, but as you level up the difference becomes a little more apparent. I prefer Musketeers for questing because they have so many traps, bombs and AoE attacks that the enemy is usually dead or significantly weakened before they can reach you. I use the crab companions Louis and Pepe for the extra bombs they provide and Chantal is great for keeping enemy units in check with her many epics. Regardless of class, though, farming for Captain Blood's Jacket is a good idea, because Blood's Flames make a huge difference. Also, stay true to your class and use them as intended. Each class has strengths and weaknesses and the faster you can familiarize yourself with them, the better. Be sure to check the abilities of your targets and plan around them, or things can get ugly real quick lol. I hope this has been helpful. Fair sailing, friend :)

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Nick GTGT on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
I'm wondering what class is the best for soloing the game? Also how hard is it to solo the game?
Whoops, forgot to answer the second part of your question. I have soloed 99% of the game with each class, but there are some instances that are very difficult to solo without buying Henchmen from the Crown Shop and if there are any pirates out there able to solo the battle with Kane, I have yet to meet them :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
Whoops, forgot to answer the second part of your question. I have soloed 99% of the game with each class, but there are some instances that are very difficult to solo without buying Henchmen from the Crown Shop and if there are any pirates out there able to solo the battle with Kane, I have yet to meet them :D
Waves at Spiral Cowboy: Hello! I believe one of your pirates knows my main, Esperanza, who has soloed Kane.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
Waves at Spiral Cowboy: Hello! I believe one of your pirates knows my main, Esperanza, who has soloed Kane.
(Waves back) Yes, I have you on at least of my pirates and congratulations on being able to solo the most difficult instance in the game. It takes a mighty pirate indeed to do that. Now I know who to ask for help with the tough stuff :)

Ensign
Jan 03, 2009
I agree with the comments made so far. I believe any class can solo the game with varying degrees of difficulty. The key is to know what you're going to fight and plan ahead to ensure maximum success. This is a strategy game after all and planning is a large part of strategy!

With that said, I feel that Musketeer And Witchdoctor are the easiest classes to solo due to the fact that it is easier keeping them from harm while still being able to damage/support.