Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Random Survey on Playing Patterns

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Mates, just out of curiosity I want to see what you all think with respect to these questions. Feel free to answe some or all.

1.) Playing Time
a) With respect to days of the week, when do you play p101?
b) How long do you usually play for per week?
c) Do you play when a lot of people or online or not?

2) What do you do?
a) Out of these options what do you do (allowed to select more than one): Farming, arduous farming, PvP, Hanging out with friends and or helping people, waiting for dread, pets, house dectorating, other...
b) Select three of the above that you usually spend time on (ie in my case farming, hanging out with friends, pets)

3) Do you have time to do long dungeons like Moo, or waiting for dread (Max levels Only answer)
a) If yes or no, do you think p101 should make more attrative shorter dungeons (say 30 mins) for maxes? I know Kane is there but a lot of people are bored of it now.
b) If no because there is not a lot of time in your life, do you think Moo and so should be made shorter

4) What are your suggestions to make players come to p101?
I have read some great ideas by people. I think p101 could focus on the recent closure of club penguin to appeal to displaced penguins who want to save the spiral but done care about mobile games.

5) What should p101 focus on in the near future and far future?

6) The most sensitive one, but what do you think of the health of this game?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
Mates, just out of curiosity I want to see what you all think with respect to these questions. Feel free to answe some or all.

1.) Playing Time

2) What do you do?
a) Out of these options what do you do (allowed to select more than one): Farming, arduous farming, PvP, Hanging out with friends and or helping people, waiting for dread, pets, house dectorating, other...
b) Select three of the above that you usually spend time on (ie in my case farming, hanging out with friends, pets)

3) Do you have time to do long dungeons like Moo, or waiting for dread (Max levels Only answer)
a) If yes or no, do you think p101 should make more attrative shorter dungeons (say 30 mins) for maxes? I know Kane is there but a lot of people are bored of it now.
b) If no because there is not a lot of time in your life, do you think Moo and so should be made shorter

I have read some great ideas by people. I think p101 could focus on the recent closure of club penguin to appeal to displaced penguins who want to save the spiral but done care about mobile games.

I have recently started a 3rd account ( something I swore I would not do. ) So I'll be answering in both aspects ( as a Max-finished-the game & as a Noob )
a) weekly
b ) No more than 2 hrs. a day & and extra hour once a week for collecting/training pets on my maxes.
c ) I usually play in the morning, I'm Central time so not many in the U.S. are playing.

2. When I'm not questing ( new account ), I'm collecting ( max accounts. ) That covers everything.

3. I do have time for long dungeons, but I don't do them anymore ( no reason to do them anymore. )
Dreadnaught is a pain and I've given up on it.
a) I will withhold what I believe KI should concentrate on until the end of the survey.
b) for what that tower provides I had no problems with it being long; plus the fact that using Scratch/Fast Combat has made it much shorter.

4 & 5. My answer can be condensed into this one sentence: Provide side content!

6 If Ki doesn't do something soon, many more people will be leaving - leaving only a core of die-hard fans ( and that would be a shame. )
If Ki would be forthright of what they have in planning for us, instead of this "cloak of silence" that they always use, more players would be content to wait.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The far future question I forgot to answer: regular story updates.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

1.) Playing Time

2) What do you do?

1. I play about 3-4 days per week, for a couple of hours. Sometimes I just log on to get all pirates on to visit the wishing well, other times I pick one to quest on. I don't really pay attention to whether others are online, since I generally am not in Avery realm unless I am looking to team up for chests or something.

2. Never "arduous farming" since I think life is too short to obsess over a single piece of gear. I learned that after trying for more than 200 runs to get the Axe from Gortez. Generally I quest to record information for the wiki, never sit waiting for the Dreadnaught, but occasionally I will make a new friend and help for a while. I'm not a decorator so much as a plunker-downer of things. I do train pets and occasionally try for a hybrid.

3. There are times when I feel like a long dungeon so I'll join a teamup, and I've soloed the Pirate's Regatta several times, but not very often. I'd much rather be sailing from place to place sinking ships and questing. I don't think that general content should take us more than 60 minutes max. The Tower of Moo Manchu is a place that I avoid in general, just because of the way people have made it into a place to avoid if you are not a serious player.

4. Advertising, new content, update the website - Player's Guide, etc.

5. Near future, side content like crafting or fishing. Pet sparring could use something to make it more exciting, better rewards for sure - Far future, follow the stars.

6. I find the game healthy enough, but then as I said,I don't really seek out others to play with, so whether there are 20 or 50 people hanging out in Avery's Court looking to do the Smuggler's Arena or Tower of Moo Manchu makes no difference to me. Early content is SO easy that there really is no need to have a team until Cool Ranch. I make my own goals and have three accounts of pirates scattered through the Spiral doing quests.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I may as well answer my own questions. I am very tired so I won't follow the correct format and may jumble things up a bit ans be incoherent.

1.) I usually play p101 every week day for 20-30mins to chill from uni. Sometimes I play more on the weekends. Usually now my playtime per week is definitely no longer than 4-5 hours.

2.) I do a little bit of everything given the chance, but I usually farm. On the weekend I usually say hello to friends and idly do nothing in Avery's court. Also every day I check on pets.

3.) No I don't have time for something like Moo. After wasting almost an hour on the weekend trying to form a team I gave up. I cannot do 2 hours straight. I will do dread if it's immediately up, even though I find it lame now. Moo is just annoying and poorly thought out for players who can't spare the time.

4) Throughout p101 history people have suggested multiple time on the boards the idea of attractive daily, weekly and monthly quests, the most recent suggestion from calamity finch. A brilliant thread from valkoor should be done by p101. Also A unique Dungeon of the month with unique drops could also be implemented. Should be 30mins in length. Another brilliant idea I read from our very own Avery Court Grace was having great unique wizard awards for players who level up in p101 (meaning wizards start playing pirate).

5.) I am with AC on this, we need more side content. Something that keeps players busy. I do not know the financial state of the game but it obviously needs some love if it needs to grow. This game has amazing potential but it's being held back.

6.) I don't think it's very good. 3 years and all we got was 5 levels. Just chatted to a friend who says he won't be playing longer. Maxes in Avery court complaining the game is getting seriously boring (even me at times). People moving on. Friends no longer logging on. I also am not a fan of this cloak of silence as silence indicates something bad.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Admiral
May 30, 2010
I've drifted back over to W101, since there's stuff there I haven't done. Nothing here I've not seen, some of it 18x over.

Still come in the morning before work to visit my wishing well and collect scrip dropping data. That's about 30 minutes now, since I just pop my pirates home, record what they got out of the well and give the crews whose pirate found some scrip fresh orders. Once in a while I'll finish up a pet training session and get them going again.

If they'd do more side content, I'd be back here rather than there, and I'd split my time more evenly. I do with KI would give P101 even a 10th of the love they shower on W101. Even the piddly little daily quests over on W101 give my wizards something to do, and it's not sink dozens of ships hoping for the dreadnaught to appear before I have to go do something else constructive. It's a quick fight and you're done and can move onto the next wizard and you feel like you've accomplished something, but 19 wizards means I'm there for an hour or so at least.

Hoping the new PotC movie stimulates a bit of interest, and maybe KI could find it in their hearts to DO something with P101.

If they insist on saying nothing, I would suggest the health of the game is shaky at best. I'd like something a bit more concrete than "We have stuff in mind" for P101, when W101 is getting all the good stuff. Give us a clearer idea WHAT you have in mind, KI. That would probably help keep some waffling players in the game.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

1.) Playing Time

2) What do you do?

Alrighty then, here we go....

1.) Playing Time
a) I play 7 days a week, at least 2-3 hours a day, so I reckon that works out to about 21 hours a week, but I'm sure that some weeks I play much more than that and there are usually quite a few people on when I am.

2.) What Do I Do?
a) What don't I do would be easier to answer lol. I do it all. Lately, though, I have been spending most of my time training pets and helping others.

3.) I have time for long dungeons, but I think dungeons that take longer than 90 minutes are a little much. I have 5 max levels, so farming those really long dungeons can be a chore, but hey...I do what I gotta do.

4.) It's funny that you should mention Club Penguin, because when I realized that I'd outgrown that game, I decided to try Wizard101 after seeing a TV commercial for it. Once Pirate101 came out, I switched over to it.

5.) In my opinion, once people try Pirate101, they will come to love it as much as I do. I think the focus for KI should be to spread the word in as many different ways as possible. I don't really watch TV anymore, but advertisements on social media might be effective.

6.) Maybe I'm wrong ( I hope I'm not ) but I don't share the perception that the game is in its dying days. I see lots of old timers (many of them Beta Pirates like myself) and many new players whenever I'm logged on. I do think, however, that new content is crucial to the continued 'health' of the game. It doesn't always have to be a new world. Something like Moo Tower is enough to keep me going for several months or even a year.

I would have to say that losing this game would be a very sad day for me and not just because of the money (lots and lots of it) that I've spent. P101 has become such a big part of my life and I've met so many great people here, that losing it would be like losing a very dear friend. No other game I can think of compares to P101 and the end of this game could very well be the end of online gaming for me period.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
1.) I like to play pirate after I get home from Highschool, on the weekends or on vacation/breaks.

2.) I've only become max lvl recently but I now spend most of my time on my max pirate helping other players, waiting/doing dread and t oday I finally did a full run of Moo ManChu, it was boring.

3.) Sometimes
A.) Totally, younger people like me don't have a super long attention spand. After battling Moo, I felt kinda dead inside from bordem.
B.) I'm not sure, maybe instead of that, they increase drop rates of good loot like the boots and the nefarious weapons.

4.) I agree on what you say and I think KingIsle should add more things to do for non members and those occasional member bonuses we get in wiz.

5.) Near future perhaps

6.) There is a small comunity and there are people playing. I'd like Pirate101 to get more attention and spotlight.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
I have recently started a 3rd account ( something I swore I would not do. ) So I'll be answering in both aspects ( as a Max-finished-the game & as a Noob )
a) weekly
b ) No more than 2 hrs. a day & and extra hour once a week for collecting/training pets on my maxes.
c ) I usually play in the morning, I'm Central time so not many in the U.S. are playing.

2. When I'm not questing ( new account ), I'm collecting ( max accounts. ) That covers everything.

3. I do have time for long dungeons, but I don't do them anymore ( no reason to do them anymore. )
Dreadnaught is a pain and I've given up on it.
a) I will withhold what I believe KI should concentrate on until the end of the survey.
b) for what that tower provides I had no problems with it being long; plus the fact that using Scratch/Fast Combat has made it much shorter.

4 & 5. My answer can be condensed into this one sentence: Provide side content!

6 If Ki doesn't do something soon, many more people will be leaving - leaving only a core of die-hard fans ( and that would be a shame. )
If Ki would be forthright of what they have in planning for us, instead of this "cloak of silence" that they always use, more players would be content to wait.
Totally agree, especially on 6

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
1)
a) maybe once every other week
b) i think 10 minutes on average
c) everyone's offline playing pokemon GO or something

2)
a) waiting for the world update that i probably won't play
b)

3) nope
a) if it has cool drops yeah
b) no difference to me

4) i need some new clothes dude

5) clothes and clothes

6) the game doesn't have enough clothes that's why it's dying

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

1.) Playing Time

2) What do you do?

I play in the evening after I finish my work which is never done. Paradox I know so forgive me if now I end up falling asleep in a dungeon. I play a few hours but it's been slow right now. My buddy list is full of people who have completed mostly everything. So they aren't on.

My character's purpose is player support. I like to hangout with my friends which is most important to me because they accept my as odd as I may seem lol. But, a lot of my fulfillment in this game is player support.

I love the long dungeons. Best fights are when those dungeons are new. My character is specifically made to handle them.

I don't have mobile technology, weird I know, so I use a laptop so I like this game because it isn't on a phone.

I will always push for storyline updates because new story gives me new people to help with it. Side content like fishing, and crafting makes me feel very tired. I hope it isn't a focus. Pet raising in this game makes me tired enough. I actually joined this game because it didn't have all that crap. (honest)

The lack of updates worries me.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016

1.) Playing Time

2) What do you do?

Hello Dino! Your best friend, Stormy Elijah Silver here. I'm gonna answer these questions, so here goes nothing.
1A. I play Pirate101 every single day, Monday-Sunday. I've been playing since the day it came out, since beta. I love this game.
1B. I play a lot. I'm sure my friends can attest to that. I'm on every day for long periods of time (about 12-14 hours of Pirate101 a day for 84-96 hours a week.)
1C. I play regardless if people are online or not.

2A. If you remember what I went through to get Captain Blood's Jacket, you could say I do a ton of arduous farming. I train pets as I farm. More often than naught, my friends give me free Dreadnaught invites so I never wait for Dreadnaught myself.
2B. The three things I spend the most time on are arduous farming, pet training, and helping people.

3A. I have time for everything, it's just a matter of how sleepy I feel at night and if I feel like going to bed or not. I think more shorter dungeons should be added, it makes them easier to farm.
3B. There's plenty of time in my life buddy, but I think Moo could be shortened a bit to make it easier to farm (Moo Imperial drops all elude me). Also as a side note, if Kingsisle wants to shorten anything, please shorten the Hydra. It's the one battle I dread.

4. You want players to come back to Pirate101? Short and simple solution, make more areas free to play so newcomers buy memberships to continue the story. I've been here since beta, day 1, so I've seen it all.

5. Pirate101 should focus on more side content, more things to spend my gold on (I've got 3 pirates sitting here on my account all at max gold), crafting, fishing, and to add in more companions in future updates.

6. The health of this game. I'm going to be straight up honest, Pirate101 is on life support. It's dying. Right now, it's next to impossible to find teams for Moo Manchu, let alone Kane, as opposed to the day they were released. The population is on a steady decline.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
1a. I play everyday

1b. I'm almost always on except when im asleep but im not always playing, maybe 8 hours a day when i dont have school or work im doing something

1c. I play pvp so i need people on and only play when people are on

2a. PvP is all i do, i used to farm a lot like 12 hours a day but i've gotten everything i've wanted except shoshos kit, i guess you could call it hanging out with friends but its just pvp

2b. PvP PvP and PvP

3. i do have time and if your team knows what its doing you can do moo in 45 minutes or less, so really investing in 30 minute dungeons would be a waste, its a L2P issue here

4. Idk maybe not have an advertisement from 4 years ago, update more to retain the playerbase, steam, find a way to get those wizards onto pirate101

5. FIXING BUGS FIRST PLEASE FIX 4V4, tougher dungeons that should be impossible to solo, improved rank pvp, and harder quests, note i said harder not longer or more annoying, and after all that improve housing, add more options, increase the item limit or allow us to buy more space, cause i have 5 empty rooms and i cant fill them with the current limits even with the bric potions

6. On life support, the pvp community is drastically smaller now then when i left, we desperately need new players and we need to keep our current ones