Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sometimes I hate Group Plunder Chests...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There were two of us in the battle, but then he left - I couldn't open the Group Plunder chest.

Questing in a solo dungeon - couldn't open the Group Plunder chest.

There are only two of us here, but four locks - couldn't open the Group Plunder chest.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yup, that's frustrating. When there is a sigil for a dungeon, especially if it's one people can't port into, it drives me crazy when I find a chest with more locks than the number of people who entered the sigil.
Yesterday I had the opposite happen, I was in a regular mob fight, solo. After I defeated them, I saw a group chest pop up with a couple locks, and thought that's odd, and too bad. Then a pirate ran to it and hit one of the locks, so I ran to open it. I NEVER saw him on the battle board! I figure he must have run in just as I hit done on my last attack, because it never showed anyone as joining my fight.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I find that a lot of pirates are overlooking ANY type of chest. For me, every time I go in a cave or dungeon, I immediately start looking for the plunder chest. There is almost always one there.

Oh, and for those who don't know, when you land on Gold Creek, the chest is either behind the rock group on the right side of the dock, or behind the tent. I have never found it anywhere else.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Honestly, I think that something needs to be done about the loot system. The group plunder chests are not reliable at all since it requires everyone's input to open the chest. Allow me to explain my tale. One day, I was doing a Moo Manchu run because I wanted to get potential good loot from the Nefarious Five or from Moo Manchu himself. Well, my team did quite well getting to the Nefarious Floor. We beat the Nefarious Five easily enough, but then the problem started out when a Four-Person group plunder chest spawned. 3 of us walked up to the chest and pressed X and unlocked one lock each, but the 4th person on our team decided to randomly afk to troll us. The 4th person on our team knew that there was only one more Nefarious left (only Unreliable Benjamin Wright, the musketeer, was alive, we killed the rest) yet he still decided to troll and go afk to cheat us out of potential good loot. Well, as you guys know, the group plunder chest disappeared because of the 4th person being afk and not opening the lock on the group plunder chest. In the end, we got cheated out of the Nefarious Five loot and did not go to Moo Manchu floor as planned, due to the team being frustrated with the 4th person that trolled us out of Nefarious Loot. In my opinion, I don't really like group plunder chests, since it requires everyone's input to press X to open them. Not everyone can be trusted in opening the chest. Please re-do the loot system or do something about boss drops so players can't troll people out of potential good loot.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Corrupt Zane Silver
Dark Blaze Sharp

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
When you consider that a lot of players play up to Nefarious and then leave, simply because they want the badge, I wouldn't necessarily stay they were trolling you. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to for a troll.

But, on the other hand, this is what happens when you wait around for a team. I can't tell you the number of times I've started Moo Manchu only to discover that:

1) One of the players signed up, then went afk for an hour, and never fought on the first floor, because they were not aware that they had started.
2) Gone up three floors only to have a player say they have to leave because dinner/bedtime/etc. I swear, the number of players that start things they don't know if they can finish staggers me.
3) One of the players was simply farming it, got up to the point they wanted, and quit.
4) One of the players was putting demands on the other players, such as wanting them to use dubloons, or to wait for them while the went away to empty their backpack and heal.

Compared to that, losing a group plunder chest is nothing.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Max DeGroot on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
When you consider that a lot of players play up to Nefarious and then leave, simply because they want the badge, I wouldn't necessarily stay they were trolling you. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to for a troll.

But, on the other hand, this is what happens when you wait around for a team. I can't tell you the number of times I've started Moo Manchu only to discover that:

1) One of the players signed up, then went afk for an hour, and never fought on the first floor, because they were not aware that they had started.
2) Gone up three floors only to have a player say they have to leave because dinner/bedtime/etc. I swear, the number of players that start things they don't know if they can finish staggers me.
3) One of the players was simply farming it, got up to the point they wanted, and quit.
4) One of the players was putting demands on the other players, such as wanting them to use dubloons, or to wait for them while the went away to empty their backpack and heal.

Compared to that, losing a group plunder chest is nothing.
Did they change the tower of Moo? I thought that once you left you were gone, sorry, no porting back in and no dungeon recall.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
Did they change the tower of Moo? I thought that once you left you were gone, sorry, no porting back in and no dungeon recall.
You can leave between fights and return, I believe, but since I haven't needed to leave to tower then return, I may be wrong. Certainly you can do this in the Great Machine and it's almost become a habit with players there.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
You can leave between fights and return, I believe, but since I haven't needed to leave to tower then return, I may be wrong. Certainly you can do this in the Great Machine and it's almost become a habit with players there.
You didn't used to be able to -- did they change that? I remember the first time we did that trying to go heal up and not being able to return to my party. Not via porting nor with a dungeon recall.