Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Future Ship Help Idea

AuthorMessage
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Ahoy there! All this talk of kiosks got me thinking about another often-requested need.. "Can somebody please help me with ships?"

though i realize the journey is half the fun sometimes its a relief after a long day of hard at it questing and promos and such, to have someone help with a ship collecting-an-item quest, especially if the ships being stingy xD Pirates know that if they cant find help out in the world, or even in avery's court, there is always someone in the morph tent.. which can annoy some morphers cause their minds are focused on morphing gorgeous pets.

That said, I do remember doing one of bonnie's promos and 3 weeks of couple hours a day the ships by port regal pure refused to drop whatever item i needed.. lol until finally i got someone else to port and help.. and other times in cool ranch with its long skyways i can see others fighting different ships but cannot help me either cause they were menu chat and i couldnt describe my exact location, or they had poofed before i could type it all out.. therefore I had to blindly run into several groups of enemies at below half ship health just to complete it.. took a couple of hours and it coined the phrase "pulling a CR" for me xD

I dont however think a ship-help wanted kiosk in each world would help as much as I'd hope however from that idea came another (i hope better) epiphany..

What if we could have a Mayday Flare? This is how I envision it working out best..
1) Icon might be located either above the ship health meter(to avoid accidental clicking) or near the upper left corner slightly below where captain's chat comes across screen, or even automatically be sent out when ship's health falls to the red zone.
2) Map-view shows a flashing red dot with flower pattern marking where the ship is located when in same skyway.
3) Regular-view shows a red flare going up and fireworks over ship.
4) Captain-chat Lists name of player and that they have hit the "Mayday Flare", once clicking on that message in captain's chat will then show you their location on your map.

coding for this option might be a tad difficult and possibly a feature best installed in a later update..possibly even one world at a time.. obviously KI is always working on improving things for us, and i do hate to slow things down or interrupt them when they are so very busy. Plus another downfall might be mis-use of this feature by people who prefer to be stinky trollers :/

over-all though I believe it is a feature that would be much-loved and appreciated by all if kinks could be worked out, plus would encourage more heroism in our fine scrip-hunting Pirates.. being able to locate quickly someone in trouble as well as get a bit of scrip for your help? Win-win on satisfaction for all I say. :)

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
“pulling a CR” - Stormy Jen Silver

I love it! I have to remember this phrase for later.

I'm all for any assist system for these situations, however may I offer a word of advice; if 1 cluster of enemies have not dropped the goods by the third battle, move on to a different cluster of enemies.

The amount of times I fought 1 group for an hour and a half, then moved over to the next group and got the item first try is ridiculous.

I suspect that it may be a bit of sneaky coding to promote pirates moving around the map, but that may also just be pure paranoia (looks suspiciously at Ratbeard ).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Very good idea - helping others sink ships is paramount to happy skyways.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 10, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy there! All this talk of kiosks got me thinking about another often-requested need.. "Can somebody please help me with ships?"

though i realize the journey is half the fun sometimes its a relief after a long day of hard at it questing and promos and such, to have someone help with a ship collecting-an-item quest, especially if the ships being stingy xD Pirates know that if they cant find help out in the world, or even in avery's court, there is always someone in the morph tent.. which can annoy some morphers cause their minds are focused on morphing gorgeous pets.

That said, I do remember doing one of bonnie's promos and 3 weeks of couple hours a day the ships by port regal pure refused to drop whatever item i needed.. lol until finally i got someone else to port and help.. and other times in cool ranch with its long skyways i can see others fighting different ships but cannot help me either cause they were menu chat and i couldnt describe my exact location, or they had poofed before i could type it all out.. therefore I had to blindly run into several groups of enemies at below half ship health just to complete it.. took a couple of hours and it coined the phrase "pulling a CR" for me xD

I dont however think a ship-help wanted kiosk in each world would help as much as I'd hope however from that idea came another (i hope better) epiphany..

What if we could have a Mayday Flare? This is how I envision it working out best..
1) Icon might be located either above the ship health meter(to avoid accidental clicking) or near the upper left corner slightly below where captain's chat comes across screen, or even automatically be sent out when ship's health falls to the red zone.
2) Map-view shows a flashing red dot with flower pattern marking where the ship is located when in same skyway.
3) Regular-view shows a red flare going up and fireworks over ship.
4) Captain-chat Lists name of player and that they have hit the "Mayday Flare", once clicking on that message in captain's chat will then show you their location on your map.

coding for this option might be a tad difficult and possibly a feature best installed in a later update..possibly even one world at a time.. obviously KI is always working on improving things for us, and i do hate to slow things down or interrupt them when they are so very busy. Plus another downfall might be mis-use of this feature by people who prefer to be stinky trollers :/

over-all though I believe it is a feature that would be much-loved and appreciated by all if kinks could be worked out, plus would encourage more heroism in our fine scrip-hunting Pirates.. being able to locate quickly someone in trouble as well as get a bit of scrip for your help? Win-win on satisfaction for all I say. :)

stormy jen silver
Also, I find changing realms has a way of "changing your luck".
"Pulling a CR", pure genius!