Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Presidio dungeon

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
I cant stand how easy you made the presidio KI. It was challenging to get by the monkeys on the wall to get down to court yard. So if you get caught you fight them. I never understood that change. Even a lot of younger players could have figured it out. Still enjoy playing though...

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
I agree. It's pretty easy to get passed those guys. But thanks to the Blood Shoals quests and doing all the side quests whenever I get to that point my pirate and companions are OP. Sometimes I attack those monkeys sentries just to challenge myself to finish them all off in less than 5 or however many turns. By that point in the game I've already got my battle strategy down to a T so it rarely takes over 3 turns to put them all down.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Personally I preferred the way they did it - it gives players an option between choosing to go the long road where they'll face more difficulties or cutting through those rather pointless battles. The Presidio is far from the only dungeon after all, there are plenty of them that have some difficulty.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I originally did this Dungeon as a lowly level 7 ( imagine that! ). I soon learned that un-equipping a mount made avoiding the guards just a bit easier; and of course learning to time my movements to theirs.
It was challenging and yet possible to solo, now pirates are encountering this dungeon at level 10 or better. No wonder players start to complain when they hit the higher levels of difficulty - they're used to winning easily!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Presidio is often as easy as pie, so maybe difficulty should be upped a bit. Not that it's important. It's a minor dungeon for low levels that people expect to be easy.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Yeah, some of these changes are making the early game too easy, and that's pretty much telling newbies that the game is really easy, and then they don't think it's important to do side quests to level up.

Back in the day, we had a punishment for those who were like that.

Remember the Hidden Valley Ranch, guys?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheSpiderBozz on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, some of these changes are making the early game too easy, and that's pretty much telling newbies that the game is really easy, and then they don't think it's important to do side quests to level up.

Back in the day, we had a punishment for those who were like that.

Remember the Hidden Valley Ranch, guys?
That made me develop a strategy for CR - kill the musketeers first!

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
noahdd on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
Presidio is often as easy as pie, so maybe difficulty should be upped a bit. Not that it's important. It's a minor dungeon for low levels that people expect to be easy.
Yeah. I remember you had to time it...just right to get by the monkeys on the wall. If I got pulled in. Well that was ok to. It was fun that way I think.