Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why, Kane, oh why

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
I just attempted the Kane dungeon for the first time, with four of my friends who also was their first time. When we got to the battle, near the end, Kane had 1 health. Then, he became immune! If anyone knows how to get past immune, and tips on the whole dungeon itself, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Loyal Michael, lvl 69

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
kane cant die until every elite and pawn are dead.
if pawns get to the end they turn into queen
privateers are very good against queen
if your a witch do not attack bishop it ends up being a super nerf if you both have witch hunter
rooke reflects musket attacks back at random ally
rooke and kane have an attack if you try to use witch attacks on them

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Just like with MOO / you have to defeat all the helpers FIRST, then you can take down Kane

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Themagerhonor on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
I just attempted the Kane dungeon for the first time, with four of my friends who also was their first time. When we got to the battle, near the end, Kane had 1 health. Then, he became immune! If anyone knows how to get past immune, and tips on the whole dungeon itself, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Loyal Michael, lvl 69
In order to end Kane's immunity, you need to kill all of the other enemies first ^^ I understand it can be confusing since there's no sort of hint or anything. I just tried it with 3 other people. We made it all the way to only four clockworks left; Kane, a Queen (by the way, marines can be 'promoted' to Queens and it's super annoying), a Bishop, and I think there was a Deacon left. My teammates kept attacking Kane because they did not know (I completely do not mean to sound mean or rude), and as a result Kane absolutely BODIED us. Steamrolled, crushed, turned us into putty, all of it xD He deadly frenzy/blade stormed the four of us in one round! It was crazy. He did like 2200 damage to each of us! Just when it was looking like we could take out the rest :p

I hope this helped! Remember, take out the marines as quickly as possible or they will go from annoying marines to extremely dangerous Queens, and don't finish Kane off until all the others are dead.

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 69 Savior of the Spiral

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
You kill Kane when you kill all the other clockworks.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I've only tried the Kane instance a few dozen times on my Buccaneer and only solo so far...just to work on strategies. I know that you're a Privateer, but here's some things that I've learned and that have helped me.

If you have Blood Flames, it helps tremendously in all battles...especially going solo. As a Bucc. I don't have long range AoE attacks that can whittle away the enemies. So Blood Flames hit them hard before they have a chance to get on top of you...and they are always drawn in, like moths to those Flames. Doubloon management is also crucial...once again especially solo. Shield Towers, Damage Boosts, even Spell Power boosts for the Flames, Agility/Strength buffs, all help out.

For the 1st battle I go with an all Buccaneer crew & I make sure that I use Buccs with Relentless 2+, a Super Strike & a power that reduces Agility & Accuracy. Vengeance 3 is always nice too, in order to stun and stop enemy chains. Blood Flames is 1st in my roster, then I alternate between buff/heal/shield & an attack. Valor's Fortress is usually 2nd followed by Vicious Charge, Shark's Fury (w/ using Pete's Buff in 1st round), Super Crit., Kraken's, Assassin's Strike, Heal & then repeat the pattern. If the Flames show up 1st I use them close to my crew, Buff Str. with Quint & move remaining 2 crew members behind the Flames to lure in the Armada goons. Usually 2 of the enemy will go down from the Flames in that 1st round. If Blood Flames doesn't show up I Shield my pirate & either: Buff with Quint & use the other 2 comps' Charge attacks (- Acc./-Agil) on the Swash & Musket; or if multiple comps are within range-- hit the Swash/Musket with the Super Strikes (which usually finish them off). Usually the battle is over within 2 rounds with no companions lost.

Then just hit Avery's, get any lost health back and jump back in. I then rearrange my roster to prepare for the 2nd battle.

(continued...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
For a Bucc., the 2nd battle is a breeze...well, kind of. On top of Quint & Barnabus I have Goro, Nausica, Baar & my Bucc pirate. So in RD 1, if the Armada Buccs' Hold the Lines can't halt me, I charge my pirate & attack the "opposite side" machine & use Bucc &/or Nausica's charge to reach the other 2 machines. I prefer to use companions w/ multiple ranks of Relentless/Burst to hopefully get extra hits on the machines-- making sure they get finished off.
If the Flames show up & HtL will stop my Bucc. from reaching the far machine, I place them around that machine, which will finish it off at the end of the round. I prefer to charge it, even though it leaves my pirate alone & surrounded by Armada. One because usually 2 out of 4 enemies go after my crew anyways & for some reason the Battle Angel doesn't move in the 1st round. And two, because if my pirate & crew get at least one Relentless/Burst the battle is over. While the Flames way lets the enemy have their turn. This is almost always a 1 round battle without the enemy even getting a turn.

It's probably one of the easiest battles in P101, as the majority of time you hit all 3 machines, the enemy never gets to move & you don't take any damage or suffer any crew losses. Buuut I'm lucky enough to have multiple charging Crown/pack/bundle companions. If you're a Buccaneer w/out extra charging companions (besides Quint/Barnabus), Highland Charge works well. Or you can use Movement Doubloons (or other class companions w/ infinite range powers). But with Highland & Doubloons you have to take the brunt of an Armada attack for at least one round. If you can't reach the far machine in the first round & you don't have Blood Flames, send 2 crew members to attack the top machine & 2 crew members to the bottom one. The enemies' chains (if VS3's don't stun them) usually get split up between crew pairings & in the 2nd round you can hit the last machine.

I'll have to add my Kane battle later...shhh, I'm supposed to be working.